• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A California priest who allegedly manipulated his followers into letting him masturbate them to 'cure' them of their sins has been arrested.

Jesus Antonio Castaneda Serna, 51, headed the Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe Anglican Church in Fresno.

He was taken into custody on Sunday after a 13-month investigation and charged with multiple counts of sexual battery, battery, and attempted sexual battery.

Police say he assaulted at least three of his congregants, aged 54, 45, and 43

Many of the alleged victims already identified were undocumented immigrants who investigators say Serna targeted because they feared being arrested.

Serna preyed on the undocumented because he knew they would be reluctant to talk to the police,' Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer told the Fresno Bee.

'He used his position as a religious leader to convince these victims to be spiritually right with God... It's our hope that as we progress that we'll be able to interview all of the 22 victims and we hope other people to come forward.'

Authorities said Serna told his victims they were cursed or had sinned and that their semen needed to be 'examined'.

Not surprised he is mexican.

THat is going to be the next massive Catholic scandal shitshow. These Mexican immigrants are such vulnerable victims. That culture is even more blindly compliant to the authority of the church than even the white folks who thus far have been the overwhelming majority of the scandals. These folks would never dare even think about questioning a priest. Add to that the machismo and chauvanistic attitudes and the whole lot, that is totally incomparable to anything in traditional white or even african american cultures, and the fact that an illegal immigrant is going to be EVEN LESS likely to trust and talk with police about such things, you hav ea recipe for a full on rape circus.

Id be willing to bet the extent of Catholic church/priest abuse amongst the hispanic community, be it in America or south of the border, blows anything that has occured elsewhere or has laready been brought to light out of the fucking water and it's not even close.

Last edited:
Not surprised he is mexican.

THat is going to be the next massive Catholic scandal shitshow. These Mexican immigrants are such vulnerable victims. That culture is even more blindly compliant to the authority of the church than even the white folks who thus far have been the overwhelming majority of the scandals. These folks would never dare even think about questioning a priest. Add to that the machismo and chauvanistic attitudes and the whole lot, that is totally incomparable to anything in traditional white or even african american cultures, and the fact that an illegal immigrant is going to be EVEN LESS likely to trust and talk with police about such things, you hav ea recipe for a full on rape circus.

Id be willing to bet the extent of Catholic church/priest abuse amongst the hispanic community, be it in America or south of the border, blows anything that has occured elsewhere or has laready been brought to light out of the fucking water and it's not even close.
This was an Anglican, Episcopalian Protestant, Clergyman. The Church of England, not affiliated with the Catholic Church.

fresno-priest-5493.jpeg

A former Anglican priest in California manually stimulated a nude congregant with massage oil on a couch under the guise of ridding him of a curse, the alleged victim claims.

A man who took the stand Wednesday in the sex assault case against Jesus Antonio Castañeda Serna — who previously ran Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe church in Fresno — said he was deceived by the cleric when visiting his private office in September 2014 for help getting over a breakup and ongoing tension with his kids, the Fresno Bee reports.

But the victim — who said he was also considering leaving the church at the time — testified that Serna instead took advantage of him by coercing him to get naked on a sofa, where the priest massaged his body, including his genitals.

“Knowing he was a priest, I did it out of faith,” the man testified during Serna’s preliminary hearing in Fresno County Superior Court, adding that he was unsure what to think initially.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/19/priest-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-congregant-under-guise-of-ridding-him-of-curse/

Faith... you did it out of faith? I call UNICORNSHIT!
To be fair, in hispanic communities, reverence for the priest is very powerful. To the deeply religious, the church is very central. A predatory priest is counting on that cultural attitude.. That said, really, he let this happen several times?! It says a lot about how faith will grip a person.
I pity the man's confusion, lack of resistance, and subsequent shame.
He contemplated suicide he was so ashamed but at least he told church officials.

During a press conference at the time, Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said investigators believe they’ve identified 22 potential victims but there may be hundreds more.

The Anglican Diocese of San Joaquin said Serna joined the diocese in 2008 but had been relieved of his pastoral and priestly ministry in October 2017 after Bishop Eric Menees received credible information that Serna had committed sexual misconduct.

Serna was officially stripped of his duties on Nov. 24, 2017.

Serna was a former Catholic priest in Yakima, Wash., from 1997 to 2006.

And he has since started his own church, Holy Spirit Church at 4277 N. West Ave. in Fresno.

More than two dozen spectators were in the courtroom Wednesday, with many of them Serna’s supporters.

Icky graphic details here.
All the victims are adult males. They were swayed by faith, confusion, maybe naiveté not to refuse.
The defense will say they were all adults and legally consented to the "treatment". Usually adult males don't get much breaks on sex assault. It will be very interesting to see how this fairs at trial, should it get that far.
He'll probably take a plea and get a wrist slap.
Also, some of Serna's supporters were in court. I wonder if any will say - "eeew - this is no man of God, just a sleazy creep on the make."

Last edited:
To be fair, in hispanic communities, reverence for the priest is very powerful. To the deeply religious, the church is very central. A predatory priest is counting on that cultural attitude
Oh I get that part, but, as my Mom told me when I was 6, if anyone besides your mother or your doctor tells you to get undressed, run as fast as you can while yelling as loud as you can. And when the field hockey coach at my Catholic school in SA told me to, I ran and yelled and she no longer coached field hockey.

Last edited:
@BuffettGirl , your analogy is not the same kind of situation. I bet that same man gave your mother's classic advice to his own children.
Someone so immersed in their religion and the cultural reverence for the priesthood, doesn't expect sleazy sex from the priest. So while they would run like hell from anyone else, they might not from the priest who they think of as authorised by God. Quite a commentary on weakness and human nature, and the desire for faith. And maybe the desire for a handjob.

I'm just never really going to understand signing your "self" away to a religion/unknown deity. So maybe you're correct. Or maybe my infrequent exposure to religion and religious concepts in childhood forced me to think outside of the "God" box? I still believe had this been presented to me, and I were as steeped in religion as my culture would expect me to be, I'd have responded differently than this guy did.

I’m half and half. Part of me wonders if he’s seeking money. But there are so many reports. And the whole
‘I didn’t understand what was going on” seems hard to believe, but I’ve seen that too. When I was abused I was to embarrassed to tell anyone and even though my brain knows it wasn’t my fault. When I think about it, it makes me feel sick and guilty, like ‘I was so stupid I should’ve known better” so...

I also agree that If this was a woman, there would be riots over the comments made about the victim, and that sucks. A man deserves the same...sensitivity(?) a woman would get.

Back