• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
If she was declared brain dead 5 years ago, wouldn't she still be 13?

And as I asked in Shout... what is the difference now? Why is the family accepting that she is "Dead" now and not 5 years ago when her brain stopped? I say they ran out of money and no one is supporting their GoFundMe anymore.

In the article I posted her age was listed as 13 still. And she died from blood loss and other complications during surgery. They had to accept she was dead for good now.

I believe they were keeping her hooked up to machines because there was a cap on damages in a lawsuit if she was dead, but either no cap or a vastly higher cap if she was "alive". The family was currently in the process of trying to force the State of California, in court, to rescind her death certificate, which was issued 5 years ago.

Edited to add:
I found an article stating this:
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...hat-Could-Cost-Family-Millions-320295721.html

I honestly think this was all about the money from the start.
Yep, I'm in total agreement ..
$$$ cha ching ..

Back