• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Corcoran State Prison inmate Jaime Osuna removed several body parts from his cellmate, Luis Romero, Assistant Kings County District Attorney Phil Esbenshade said Friday. Charges accuse Osuna, 31, of repeatedly cutting Romero last month using what the prosecutor called a sharp metal object wrapped in string and attached to a handle.

It's not clear how much happened while Romero, 44, was still alive or whether anyone heard the overnight assault, but "we do believe that the victim was conscious during at least a portion of the time," Esbenshade said in an email. "This is the most gruesome case that I have seen in terms of heinousness in the slaying."

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation is conducting an internal investigation, spokeswoman Terry Thornton said. Officials wouldn't provide more details on how prisoners are overseen overnight.

Osuna pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges at his first court appearance Thursday. They include several special circumstances that could bring the death penalty, including that the slaying "was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity."

Defense attorney Melina Benninghoff was appointed to represent him but was home sick Friday and did not respond to telephone and email requests to comment on his behalf.

Osuna also is charged with torture, mayhem and weapons possession. The torture charge alleges that he acted "with the intent to cause cruel and extreme pain and suffering for the purpose of revenge, extortion, persuasion and for a sadistic purpose."

News1c.jpg

roomie that I would been on high alert over, they would have heard me screaming before he got within a foot of me
A foot? I would have been screaming before the officers who transported him into cell to begin with even got a chance to close the doors between us and them. No fucking way, noway this can ever look like a " impending friend". Ever noticed how just some people you can see and just tell they have these dead eyes. I cant explain unless you seen them before just a set of empty eyes.

"Defense attorney Melina Benninghoff was appointed to represent him but was home sick Friday and did not respond to telephone and email requests to comment on his behalf."

I'd be sick, too, if I knew I had to defend this piece of shit for this crime.

The story gets even more heartwarming.

"Defense attorney Melina Benninghoff was appointed to represent him but was home sick Friday and did not respond to telephone and email requests to comment on his behalf."

I'd be sick, too, if I knew I had to defend this piece of shit for this crime.

I'd try for self defense. Theyll prob just plead it out though. Prison violence is rarely, if ever, prosecuted effectively or as if anyone truly gave a shit.

Be a great case for an attorney hoping to make a name for themselves. You could launch into an attack on the prison policies and their failure to provide suitable security or properly monitor inmates. High profile, potential for immense controversy and rocking of the boat, this is an arrogant, self righteous, greedy defense attorneys dream case honestly.

And the victim couldnt be less sympathetic or more deserving, so you can say whatever the fuck you want about your client without looking like some cold hearted scumbag. It's beyond perfect.

Romero also was serving a life term for a Los Angeles County slaying, but with the possibility of parole.

Osuna has been transferred to a Stockton prison for inmates needing medical or mental health care, though officials wouldn't say why, citing privacy laws.

Him and tattoo face girl should hookup.. at least she pays more for ummmm better quality ink, lol.. lmao

An update, and another great photo.

jaime-osuna-2.jpg

Why the officers at Corcoran State Prison didn’t discover the grisly scene until the following morning is not detailed in the reports, the Los Angeles Times reported. A lawsuit filed by the dead inmate’s family claims the cell bars were covered with a sheet and accuses the guards of not checking the cell.

The mutilated corpse of Luis Romero, 44, was discovered the morning of March 9, 2019, in the cell he shared with Jaime Osuna, 31.

Osuna was serving a life sentence for torturing and killing a woman at a motel in 2011 and had a history of attacking fellow inmates. He had never had a cellmate before.

When the guards finally found the dreadful scene, Osuna was wearing a necklace made of Romero’s body parts.

He allegedly used a homemade knife to cut out one of Romero’s eyes, chop off a finger, remove part of his ribs and slice out part of a lung. He ultimately cut off his head. He also posed the body, slicing Romero’s face open on either side of his mouth to resemble an extended smile, according to an autopsy.
I guess when you're going to spend your entire life in prison any knife you make would be "homemade".

Back