• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A father is speaking out after his son was assaulted inside the local YMCA locker room.

“No stop, ow!” 11-year-old Brian Hager Jr. screamed in the video.

“He was hanging out with his friends and they were going to swim and next thing you know, I got a video 20 minutes later,” Brian Hager Sr. said.

It’s a video that’s hard to watch for the father, but it’s how he found out his 6th-grade son was assaulted Friday afternoon.

“I didn’t realize what I was watching. I had to watch it two or three extra times before it kicked in, ‘hey that’s my son right there,’” Hager said.

You can see in the video a kid twice Brian’s size and years older punched him, repeatedly, while others just stood there recording it on their phones.

“Honestly, it was mind boggling. I mean no child or parent should have to witness that,” Hager said. The father says he is upset with how everything was handled.

“My son went upstairs and told the staff and they just tried to say, ‘oh you’ll be OK.’ They didn’t offer to call police. They didn’t offer, ‘hey what’s your mother or father’s phone number? We can reach out to them.’ They just kicked the kids out and tried to brush it under the table,” Hager said.

The YMCA said they weren’t immediately aware of the incident and released a statement on Facebook.

Read Statement and Watch Video At Link

An Ottumwa father is outraged after his 11-year-old son was punched repeatedly by a classmate Friday at Ottumwa’s YMCA.

He says it’s not the first time this has happened.

“This has been going on for over six months, these same individuals," Hager said.

The victim, Brian Hager Jr., tells KTVO his attacker was upset over some rumors.

"They said that I said something about him and I didn’t," Hager Jr. said. "He’s tried to fight me before.”

Hager alerted Ottumwa authorities. As a result, police charged one juvenile with assault.

“I feel like the other kids should be charged as well, the kids who were recording this," Hager said.

The Ottumwa Family YMCA does not condone violence or bullying in any way and we work diligently to prevent instances like this from happening in our facilities. (Of fucking course!)

https://ktvo.com/news/local/ottumwa-father-furious-over-sons-assault

Yah by now I think I would find mr. big bad and punch him just like he punched my kid. You wanna beat someone smaller than you? Let's see how he likes it!

Hire a 15 year old to knock hell out of the assailant.
What about the parent(s) of knuckle duster boy?
Sue the Y for not following their own guidelines.
I would be screaming bloody blue murder!

Back