• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A bullied teenager has been stabbed to death at a Dunkin' Donuts after standing up to her tormentors by pepper spraying them.

Valaree Megan Schwab, 16, died in hospital after being attacked which occurred at 12.30pm in New Rochelle, New York, on January 10.

Z'Inah Brown, 16, has been arrested for her death. She allegedly used a steak knife to stab Valaree twice in the upper torso.

Students at the pair's high school told ABC News Schwab was being bullied by Brown and others at the Dunkin' Donuts.

There were five or six teenagers in the group that ganged up on Valaree which included both boys and girls, police said.

Schwab tried to fight them off with pepper spray after being harassed by them on the 10-minute walk down which ended at the Dunkin' Donuts.

None of the other teenagers present have been identified. It is not clear how long they had allegedly been bullying Valaree.

After the attack, Z'Inah fled the scene, leaving Valaree behind.

She was taken to hospital in the Bronx but was later pronounced dead.

Classmates have since described Valaree as a 'unique' student who 'spoke her mind'.

Brown was charged with second degree murder after turning herself in a day after the attack last week.

Her mother was in court for her arraignment last week but gave no comment as she left.

School staff say they are 'saddened' by the teenager's death.

'The City School District of New Rochelle is saddened by the incident on North Avenue today in which a New Rochelle High School student was stabbed.

'The student was not in school today and the incident did not happen on school grounds.

'New Rochelle High School and School District officials are cooperating fully with the New Rochelle Police Department in this matter.
It is not known if the bullying was ever reported to staff. Valaree's grieving family has not commented on her death.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5275149/Bullying-victim-16-stabbed-death-Dunkin-Donuts.html
4831E81D00000578-5275149-image-m-12_1516116121177.jpg
4831F0D500000578-5275149-Police_have_arrested_16_year_old_Z_Inah_Brown_for_her_death-m-43_1516128237088.jpg

Was a white girl being bullied by a group of black students? If it was the other way round you know there would be howls of racism.
Also "Classmates have since described Valaree as a 'unique' student who 'spoke her mind'. " That sounds like double speak for rude. Or else she was just a girl with an unusual mind. I can identify with that because I was one of those, and picked on for it.

All those kids on ONE white girl? How is that fair? SMH Fry her ass. She threw 2 lives away trying to be funny

My kid got bullied by some girls in elementary school. They were black, FWIW. Luckily, I volunteered in honors choir at the school and the girls that bullied her were in choir. I drove them and my daughter to performances and while it was sooooo hard not to call those girls out for being bullies, I refrained.

After a couple of weeks, those girls and my daughter were friends, even if only tentatively.

Later they became "for real" friends.

I guess the takeaway is that my daughter trusted me enough to tell me, and I cared enough to be present, but not "solve" her problem. Kids don't learn to resolve conflicts unless they are provided opportunities.

That said, fuck these hateful fucks.

LWOP. That kind of mean can't be fixed.

My kid got bullied by some girls in elementary school. They were black, FWIW. Luckily, I volunteered in honors choir at the school and the girls that bullied her were in choir. I drove them and my daughter to performances and while it was sooooo hard not to call those girls out for being bullies, I refrained.

After a couple of weeks, those girls and my daughter were friends, even if only tentatively.

Later they became "for real" friends.

I guess the takeaway is that my daughter trusted me enough to tell me, and I cared enough to be present, but not "solve" her problem. Kids don't learn to resolve conflicts unless they are provided opportunities.

That said, fuck these hateful fucks.

LWOP. That kind of mean can't be fixed.

I was bullied in the 5th grade. You know....new girl problems. These kids would follow me up and down the playground mocking me. And one particularly big black ugly ass girl kicked me in the shin.

My mom had numerous meetings with teachers and principal. Nothing changed. Then mom told me to kick ass...and I been kickin ass ever since.

Yeah I agree nothing stopped my abusers until I fought back, it didn't take much, but I let them know I wasn't going to take it anymore.

I wasn't new, been to the school with the same kids since I started, just dirt poor, nothing new ever and shy.

I slapped the one that was screaming at me and like taking the head off a snake, the rest of them just faded away. Never had another minute's problem with any of them. In fact years later I ended up working with one of the followers and she claimed to not even remember it happening. But did agree with me that BettyJane was a bitch.

I was bullied in the 5th grade. You know....new girl problems. These kids would follow me up and down the playground mocking me. And one particularly big black ugly ass girl kicked me in the shin.

My mom had numerous meetings with teachers and principal. Nothing changed. Then mom told me to kick ass...and I been kickin ass ever since.

Honestly, I was worried about it being a race thing. Even though bullies are bullies, no matter their skin color.

And we live in the South and I was trying to teach my kid not to assume all bullies were black, and to try to work shit out.

If I told my kid to kick ass....well, there would be a thread on DD. If we are being honest, here.

Those girls ended up being pretty cool after we did the carpool thing, so it was all good in the end. My daughter is kind of different...she likes her own thing and isn't "cool" or "popular". I admire that about her but also worry because kids are so fucking mean.

Honestly, I was worried about it being a race thing. Even though bullies are bullies, no matter their skin color.

And we live in the South and I was trying to teach my kid not to assume all bullies were black, and to try to work shit out.

If I told my kid to kick ass....well, there would be a thread on DD. If we are being honest, here.

Those girls ended up being pretty cool after we did the carpool thing, so it was all good in the end. My daughter is kind of different...she likes her own thing and isn't "cool" or "popular". I admire that about her but also worry because kids are so fucking mean.
I was bullied before bullying really became a thing. We didn't even have the internet yet (fuck...I feel old)

Z'Inah Brown, 16, has been arrested for her death. She allegedly used a steak knife to stab Valaree twice in the upper torso.

Z'Inah .... Is she a warrior princess? :penguin:

Seriously, I hope this bitch goes down hard. Tried as an adult and the longest possible legal sentence. No bond while awaiting trial. May she never breathe free air again, or at least not until she is an old, old woman. Valaree Megan Schwab sounds like she had a lot of potential and was probably going to do something amazing with her life, and this worthless bully shithead killed her. I hope she rots.

"Slam Books,

Oh yeah I remember Slam Books.:D
[doublepost=1516200205,1516199980][/doublepost]
before bullying really became a thing

Bullying always been a thing,there's been bullies since the world was created, just the whole town didn't get involved wiht the bullying of one person, like they do now.

A bully is one person that I hate with a purple passion of a hundred suns. I would personally beat every one of them if I could. There's just no need to be so evil. A bully is someone to be pitied, I agree with that, but pitying them doesn't ever stop them.

A whole gang of cowards against one girl?

And one of them bought a knife? -_-

Yeah, lock them all up in a tiny jail cell together. :punch:

RIP Valaree, you could have been something amazing, but that pack of animals had to take that away.

@cubby @Satanica @Prettypink513 @Brillig
Two teenagers admitted to taking part in an attack on New Rochelle High School student Valaree Schwab that ultimately led to Schwab's death.

Dominique Slack, 18, and Carl Booker, 18, both pleaded guilty to first-degree stalking, a felony, today in Westchester County Court, the Westchester District Attorney's Office said.

They were part of a group of teens that assaulted Schwab along North Avenue in New Rochelle on Jan. 10 before Schwab was allegedly stabbed by a third teenager, Z'inah Brown, according to prosecutors.

Brown is facing several charges including second-degree murder, which are still pending.

The fatal stabbing ended a series of altercations with a group of teenagers, including the use of pepper spray, along North Avenue. The incident started when Schwab dropped her house keys, and one of the teenagers picked them up, prosecutors said.

Schwab followed them while trying to get her keys back until they reached Dunkin' Donuts. She followed them into the coffee shop where she was stabbed, prosecutors said.

At the end of February, a 15-year-old was charged with felony counts of hindering prosecution and tampering with physical evidence in connection with Schwab's death, New Rochelle police said. His name was withheld because he was charged as a juvenile, with his case being handled in Westchester Family Court.
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/cr...g-2-plead-guilty-preceding-attack/2314337002/

I was bullied before bullying really became a thing. We didn't even have the internet yet (fuck...I feel old)
I was taught to be like Jesus and turn the other cheek to my bullies. I was also a skinny white kid with lots of opinions. You can imagine the rest. It got bad until my parents finally told me I couldn’t hit first.

UNLEASH THE DOGS OF WAR! Just kidding. I unleashed my mouth instead & got pretty good at the verbal jiu jitsu. One of my tormentors was Brett, so I started calling him BA-RETTE. Like a girl’s barette. He seemed to just melt away and left me alone after that.

Seriously though I have no idea why that worked.

I was taught to be like Jesus and turn the other cheek to my bullies. I was also a skinny white kid with lots of opinions. You can imagine the rest. It got bad until my parents finally told me I couldn’t hit first.

UNLEASH THE DOGS OF WAR! Just kidding. I unleashed my mouth instead & got pretty good at the verbal jiu jitsu. One of my tormentors was Brett, so I started calling him BA-RETTE. Like a girl’s barette. He seemed to just melt away and left me alone after that.

Seriously though I have no idea why that worked.
I started calling one of my bullies "Kirby" because he was big, round, and pinkish.

@Satanica @Prettypink513 @cubby @Muriel Schwenck
A New Rochelle teen who bullied 16-year-old Valaree Schwab and later stabbed her to death inside a Dunkin’ Donuts around the corner from their high school pleaded guilty to manslaughter, the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office announced.

Z’Inah Brown, who celebrated her 18th birthday behind bars this past January, pleaded guilty to the class B violent felony in lieu of murder and weapon charges and will be sentenced on Aug. 1, the agency said.

Brown, who frequently bullied Schwab, teamed up with a pack of friends on Jan. 10 last year to torment and ultimately stab Schwab to death during a prolonged assault mere blocks from New Rochelle High School, which they all attended.

Schwab, a green-eyed, passionate social justice activist who loved Nirvana, had been at a McDonald’s near the school with a 15-year-old friend when Brown and at least two co-defendants knocked her to the floor and stole her house keys when she dropped them, officials said.

They then stalked her for the next hour, following her into a nearby Subway sandwich shop, where she’d run for cover, and finally into a Dunkin’ Donuts. There, Brown plunged a steak knife into Schwab’s heart and lungs and left her bleeding on the floor, where she’d spend her last conscious seconds on Earth clutching an employee’s hand after telling her she was just trying to get her house keys back.

Dominique Slack, 18, and Carl Booker, 18, were both charged with gang assault and stalking in relation to the murder and pleaded guilty to stalking in the first degree earlier this year. Slack and Booker will both spend six months at the Westchester County Jail and will serve five years of probation after.

I want this stain to be tormented and bullied everyday of what honestly will a woefully short sentence.

Back