• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
ECSDO6tUcAMLRID.jpg

Kevin Smith, best known for '90s comedies such as Clerks and Mallrats, will executive produce the new Netflix anime series.

Masters Of The Universe: Revelation will be an animated series, returning to Castle Grayskull and the realm of Eternia and focusing on some key storylines that have remained unresolved for decades.

The original animated series, launched in 1983 and inspired by Mattel toys, saw hero He-Man and his pet feline Cringer, aka Battle Cat, fighting for good against evil archenemy Skeletor.

Filmmaker Kevin Smith, best known for 1990s comedies Mallrats, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back and cult classic Clerks, is writer and an executive producer for the new show.

He announced the news at a Power-Con convention on Sunday and also tweeted to thank Mattel and Netflix for "letting me play in your universe".

Full Story:

Everything old is new again. I'll bet my older son will like this, he LOVED He-Man. Always running thru the house yelling "He-Man! By the power of Greyskull, I have the POWER!" He was 4, he is now 40. I love it!

If you watch "The Toys that Made Us" on Netflix, and you should, you'll learn a lot from the He-Man episode. They actually made the toys first then later came up with the show to sell them (1st time anyone had done so). Plus all of the guys that created them seemed liked the used to be or still are stoners. The phrase "I have the POWER" was specifically marketed to boys aged 3-6 that were for used to being told what to do by adults most of the time.

Back