• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

w8ng4msrgt

Trusted Member
gembala.jpg

Mother arrested at Pine Island Road Target after leaving baby unattended in car

By news-press.com • June 23, 2008

A woman was arrested Friday night after leaving a 4-month-old in her car at Target, according to arrest reports.

Tracy Gembala was arrested on a charge of child neglect.

Gembala told police she went into the Target on Pine Island Road to pick up a pair of pants around 8 p.m. Friday, reports show. When she went into the store, reports show, she brought her two older children, but was in the baby aisle before remembering the 4-month-old was still in the parking lot.

The mother said she then ran into the parking lot and found a sheriff’s deputy and DCF worker already at the scene, according to reports.

DCF worker Mary Townsend was actually shopping at Target at the time, reports show. She was in the parking lot and had been flagged down by a witness who found the infant in the car, she said.

Surveillance show the child was in the vehicle alone for between 12 and 15 minutes, according to police.

Link

Age, weight, etc

Last edited:
Poor baby. Seems like mom fucked up and tried to make it right??? Maybe?
Why didn't the other kids say something? It's not their responsibility, still how about a hey mom-you left Ann Marie in the car. Hell the baby was only 4 months old. He was still new.....blah.

She sure had a helluva lot on her mind to remember only some of her kids. Those must have been some mighty important pants. At least it wasn't at the Wal-Mart... no telling what would have happened then.

Poor baby. Seems like mom fucked up and tried to make it right??? Maybe?
Why didn't the other kids say something? It's not their responsibility, still how about a hey mom-you left Ann Marie in the car. Hell the baby was only 4 months old. He was still new.....blah.

I agree, at least she remembered within a fairly quick amount of time and it was at least in the cooler part of the evening. And at least she RAN back to the car. I never forgot my kid when she was little but I did forget to put my car in park AFTER we were out of it and it went rolling down a road and some dude jumped in and stopped it. Whew... Lack of sleep does that to you...

I agree, at least she remembered within a fairly quick amount of time and it was at least in the cooler part of the evening. And at least she RAN back to the car. I never forgot my kid when she was little but I did forget to put my car in park AFTER we were out of it and it went rolling down a road and some dude jumped in and stopped it. Whew... Lack of sleep does that to you...
Read my comment on the wandering kid...
Yeah, lack of sleep will do that. I knew a lady who went to get groceries with new baby, did her shopping, packed the bags inthe car and left the baby in the carrier on the roof of the car. Drove off and baby seat went flying. Thank god he was strapped in. He had minor cuts and bruises but was okay. She had to go through child caring classes. It was stupid and wrong but no malice was involved. Just simply, sleep deprivation.

She looks pretty rough for her age!!! :shocked3:

When my children where little I worked 3rd shift and their father worked days, that way we didn't have to pay a sitter. Well I would work all night and stay up all day until he got home, then I would get a few hours sleep and start all over again.

After awhile I became a walking zombie, although I never forgot my kids in the car..I did leave my wallet on it one time, and drove off and didn't realize it till the sheriffs department called me and told me someone found it. I have also drove off with my coffee or a pop sitting on the top.

I agree that loss of sleep and having too much on your mind, will make you forget things..but I don't understand how you can forget about your children.

That is why my car has t-tops. Never have to worry about putting anything on my roof without seeing it.

I have forgotten to put my windows up once when it was supposed to rain, I've forgotten my keys, and I've forgotten to lock the doors of my car. I have never forgotten my son in the car. Most days, I usually had my aunt's three daughters with me and my boyfriend as well. People always thought we were crazy breeders. I tried to claim our name was Duggar but I don't think anyone was buying it.

That is why my car has t-tops. Never have to worry about putting anything on my roof without seeing it.

I have forgotten to put my windows up once when it was supposed to rain, I've forgotten my keys, and I've forgotten to lock the doors of my car. I have never forgotten my son in the car. Most days, I usually had my aunt's three daughters with me and my boyfriend as well. People always thought we were crazy breeders. I tried to claim our name was Duggar but I don't think anyone was buying it.

Too funny.

36??? Damn, the bitch looks like a 56 year old with a bad dye job! I'm tellin' ya, any woman who cares about her looks should lay off the meth. Well, and any woman who gives a shit about the well being of her kids, too, and stuff.

36??? Damn, the bitch looks like a 56 year old with a bad dye job! I'm tellin' ya, any woman who cares about her looks should lay off the meth. Well, and any woman who gives a shit about the well being of her kids, too, and stuff.

Meth, the revolutionary new diet. Rid yourself of unwanted pounds. This drug is sure to get you Amy Winehouse thin and get your kids taking away. Loose that unwanted baggage now. :tsk:

Sorry, you may think she's "butt ugly," but I'm going to defend her. I mean, you don't want to be leaving an infant in a car in a parking lot, but clearly she *knew* that, and raced to correct her mistake. The report states she "ran" back to the car, and that cameras show the child was only alone 12-15 minutes. I'm sorry, this is not something that warrants jail time or removal of children. She made a mistake.

Could be sleep deprivation, or something weighing on her mind. But this was not malicious, nor is she grossly incompentant as a mother (like those who get indignant about why they think it's ok to leave their baby in the car, etc.) This one ranks with the dad who didn't sunscreen his baby. Not the brightest move, but hardly criminal.

I say tell her what could have happened, cut her loose, and keep an eye on the family. No worries.

That target looks pretty small.

targetfl.jpg

I am thinking one of the older kids said "Mama the police are at the car" and noone besides mama said she ran.

At 5'8" and 200 I would have like to see that event.

When my brother was only a few weeks old my mom forgot him at home in his crib sleeping while she drove to pick me up from school. Mind you there was 6 years difference between us so she just wasn't used to having a baby I guess. I just remember her hurrying me to the car and into it saying she'd forgotten him and we needed to get home asap. Now I wonder at time if she really did forget or did it intentionally.

This is a little much!!

People have forgotten their kids for 8-10 hours in the car, killed them, and not been charged with anything!

I am not at all saying leaving an infant in a car alone is ever OK, but if she forgot the baby, walked down the baby aisle, and remembered "OMG, I have a baby! its in the car!!" :baby: and left the store right away to get it, I can't see charging her with a Felony!

The store surveillance camera's should show all of her actions in the store, so I doubt there is any way to dispute the length of time, and 12-15 minutes is not what I would call felonious

I just don't get it, (yes I am all too familiar with lacking sleep and feeling and looking like a zombie), I could never "forget" my baby in the car. The worst I did was managed to forget to take my slippers off before going to the store, two different slippers mind you I was wearing...I was in a daze just having had my baby 2 wks. prior. All I could think about was my newborn baby.
Still I don't think the charge is fair...

People have forgotten their kids for 8-10 hours in the car, killed them, and not been charged with anything!

I am not at all saying leaving an infant in a car alone is ever OK, but if she forgot the baby, walked down the baby aisle, and remembered "OMG, I have a baby! its in the car!!" :baby: and left the store right away to get it, I can't see charging her with a Felony!

The store surveillance camera's should show all of her actions in the store, so I doubt there is any way to dispute the length of time, and 12-15 minutes is not what I would call felonious

If she was driving this
rednecklimo.jpg
I might understand.

But since she was probably driving something like this

rednecklimo1.jpg
I don't think so.

She is known to the court system there for well over 10 years so I am going to side with the LEO's on this one.

Back