• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
AMPA (FOX 13) - An Orlando man was arrested Tuesday evening after Tampa police say he attacked a flamingo at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay with such force that the bird had to be euthanized.

Joseph Corrao, 45, was in the Jambo Junction animal viewing area Tuesday evening with his family, including his mother, his brother, and three teenage children. That's when he allegedly grabbed one of the flamingos from its pen and set it down. Police say he grabbed a second bird -- even as his mother screamed for him to stop -- and threw that bird to the ground so hard that her leg was nearly severed.

Busch Gardens officials said the bird, named "Pinky," had to be euthanized.

Corrao was arrested and charged with felony animal cruelty. In court, Wednesday, a judge said the crime was "beyond senseless."

"It actually borders on depraved," the judge observed. "Mr. Corrao, I don't know if you have other issues. I don't know who does that, I really don't. I don't relate to that on any level."

Pinky, 19, was a Chilean flamingo who hatched at the park in 1996. Her dancing movements made her one of the park's stars.

"Pinky loved to dance for our guests," said park spokesperson Karen Varga-Sinka. "Her keepers say that this is not a trained behavior, but a natural behavior she loved to show off. Flamingos are filter feeders, using their beaks to strain tasty morsels out of the water around them as they wade. To stir up the tastiest treats, flamingos will stamp their webbed feet. Pinky often performed this toe-tapping behavior out of the water for guests."

The park has 20 flamingoes, a mix of Chilean and Caribbean.

Pinky also appeared on behalf of the park's conservation and education efforts as an "ambassador animal."
Still0803_00002_1470232049781_1791017_ver1.0_640_360_zpssvq54mtf.jpg

What the fuck? Flamingo wasn't even aggressive (you know like that self-defense claim against a snapping turtle)! 19 year old bird. Fucking asshole

TAMPA, FL — A total moron is facing animal abuse charges after he grabbed a flamingo at Busch Gardens and threw it to the ground, causing injuries so severe that the bird had to be euthanized.

The incident happened on Tuesday while 45-year-old Joseph Carrao was at the park with his mother, brother, and three teenage children visiting one of the animal viewing areas.

For reasons known only to Carrao, the idiot picked up one of the 250 flamingos at the park and set it back down without injuring it. He then picked up a second flamingo special to the park, a dancing flamingo named Pinky, that made appearances around the area as part of the park’s conservation and education efforts.

When Carrao’s mother told him to leave the birds alone, the fat fuck threw Pinky to the ground so hard that one of her feet was almost severed. The injury was so severe that veterinarians that examined Pinky had no recourse but to euthanize the bird.

Corrao was detained by the park’s security and arrested by Tampa police on a charge of felony animal cruelty. He made his first court appearance on Wednesday and the judge was not too happy.

“It’s beyond senseless. It is actually depraved in my opinion, Mr. Corrao,” said Judge Conrad while upping Carrao’s bond to $5000. Carrao was later released from jail after posting $2000.

Busch Gardens released the following statement about the incident:

“Yesterday evening at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, an adult male guest attacked one of our animal ambassadors, a Chilean flamingo known as Pinky, causing traumatic injuries. Pinky was immediately transported to the park’s Animal Care Center where veterinarians made the decision to humanely euthanize her based on the severity of her injuries. Pinky was a beloved member of the Busch Gardens Tampa Bay family and made many appearances on behalf of the park’s conservation and education efforts. She will be sorely missed.”

Joel Manby, president and CEO of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, had a few words to say as well.

“SeaWorld will strongly urge prosecution in this case, and for any person who engages in this sort of cruel behavior towards animals,” said Manby. “Our Ambassador team members are appalled by this incident, and I am sure they share my view that our state must have a zero-tolerance policy for this kind of cruelty.”

A guest at the park said Carrao was “plastered” when he threw the bird down, while neighbors called him unfriendly and arrogant. A quick Google search of his name pulls up a handful of mugshots from past arrests on various charges.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

210Uazq2v5c

Continue reading...

Why do they let people that close to the flamingos? Actually, now that I think about it, at our zoo there are peacocks and geese walking around all free. Anyway, fuck this dude, he better have to serve time on this.

Pieces of shit like this are on the streets because of shit for brains judges and people in LE that allow them to be until they beat a baby to death then they wil still make the same excuses. I don't buy into too many excuses and if he is that incompetent he wouldn't feel it while he was being beat to death with a tire iron imo. The idea he was allowed to breed is terrifying as he will pass all that logic on to the next generation
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/154/...use-laws/?z00m=28204999&redirectID=2362927714
UPDATE: 2/17/17
The Judge just ruled the defendant is mentally incapable of understanding what he did! This is unacceptable. Please sign, share, and write to the targets above. This man knows what he did - he was in prison for two years for previous animal cruelty. The Judge needs to throw the book at him, not coddle him. PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE THIS THANK YOU.

Too many innocent animals die and the penalties are so low that this will continue until we can enact laws that are as strong for animal abuse as they are for humans.

Recently a beautiful 20-year-old flamingo was savagely killed at Busch Gardens in Tampa by an individual grabbing it for no reason and slamming it to the ground with such force her foot was almost severed and she had to be euthanized. Witness said he LAUGHED as a vet tech ran to cradle the gentle bird in her arms.. It was a beautiful gentle creature who was an ambassador for animals and used to enjoy dancing for people. No one taught Pinky to dance, she taught herself to get the attention of humans as she trusted humans and humans have let her down. Please don't let her down now

Now this creature is dead and the man only has a $5000 bond and he can get out with just $500. Even worse, the accused has a prior offense for killing his neighbor's dogs.

Please help us to change the laws and raise the penalties on animal cruelty and abuse. Please make sure this repeat offender is prosecuted to the highest level of our current laws

Please write to all Florida Officials. Ask for PINKY'S LAW be proposed. The person who killed Pinky is being Arraigned September 6 at 1:30 PM in Tampa. Show your voice! Use this link to find your state officials names http://www.stateofflorida.com/elected-officials.aspx

Update #31 hours ago
Final Court DATE..HE GOT OFF SCOTT FREE. Write to State Attorney 419 N Pierce St. Tampa, Fl. 33602 and give your thoughts. He was ALREADY in prison two years for felony abuse, now he just walks? Here is part of docket.03/22/2017 COURT MINUTES CONDITIONS OF CONDITIONAL RELEASE MODIFIED TO INCLUDE: NO ALCOHOL, PROHIBITED FROM BARS OR ANY PLACE WHERE ALCOHOL IS SERVED, TAKE MEDICATIONS AS PRESCRIBED
03/22/2017 COURT MINUTES NO FUTURE COURT DATE
Read updates on the tragic death of Pinky here.
I want to add this petition above are to try and get stronger laws so bitch douches like the above can skate after wanton severe injuring leading to death, torture or killing an animal especially in the manner here.
[
this has more of the story and I don't want it to try and merge with the other post screwing it up, this pisses me off, I should be able to make two seperate posts if they wont fit into one
http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/josep...y-flamingo-dead-killed-facebook-photos-video/

Last edited:
So... he had a temper tantrum because his mommy yelled at him it seems? A 45 year old "man". Good lord. I don't think I have EVER been that childish. Certainly not since I was about 4. And I was just refusing to stop poking fruit at the grocery story.

ETA: wait... he killed his neighbour's dog too?!

So... he had a temper tantrum because his mommy yelled at him it seems? A 45 year old "man". Good lord. I don't think I have EVER been that childish. Certainly not since I was about 4. And I was just refusing to stop poking fruit at the grocery story.

ETA: wait... he killed his neighbour's dog too?!
plural, shot them and all his neighbors are terrified of him but he cant be held responsible for his actions, bah, he should be doing hard prison time, that is not what the continuing etition is trying to get laws to do

plural, shot them and all his neighbors are terrified of him but he cant be held responsible for his actions, bah, he should be doing hard prison time, that is not what the continuing etition is trying to get laws to do
Good lord. I wouldn't be surprised if he either kills someone (More surprised if he doesn't actually.) or someone is going to get sick of his behaviour and end it permanently. I'm hoping for the latter.

Poor Pinky. I used to have a chihuahua (she's now waiting at the rainbow bridge) nicknamed Pinky (her real name was Penny) so now I'm double sad, for my Pinky and for Busch Garden's Pinky.:(:(

Good lord. I wouldn't be surprised if he either kills someone (More surprised if he doesn't actually.) or someone is going to get sick of his behaviour and end it permanently. I'm hoping for the latter.
I'd like to take him to the heart of Calle Ocho downtown Miami after I told everyone I had the younger brother of one of the communist informants and dump him in front of my favorite botanica in the middle of the night

Last edited:
The charges have been dropped.
Because he's dead.

[...]

Joseph Corrao, 48, was killed June 5 when he was struck by a pickup truck while crossing a busy road near his home in Orlando, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. A crash report says Corrao was walking north across State Road 50, near Story Partin Road in Orange County, shortly before 6 a.m. A Ford F-150 pickup was heading east and hit him. Rescue personnel took Corrao to Florida Hospital East, where he died.

The truck driver, who was uninjured, was not cited. An investigation of the collision is continuing.

The crash occurred about two months before Corrao was set to go to trial on an animal cruelty charge. He gained notoriety in August 2016 after he was accused in the death of Pinky. The flamingo delighted Busch Gardens patrons with its dance moves and served as one of the theme park's animal ambassadors.

[...]

The judge ordered Corrao to undergo in-home competency restoration training, to avoid drinking alcohol, and to continue taking his prescribed medication. The case later moved into Hillsborough County's mental health court, where a judge received periodic updates on Corrao's treatment.

The prosecution began moving again in March after Corrao was declared competent. A trial date was set for August.

Corrao's family declined to talk to a reporter after his death.

Last week, prosecutors filed a formal notice that they had dropped the criminal charge upon learning of his death.

Link

the judge had dropped the first saying the guy was too messed up to charge so they just let hi out to run a muck, poor bird was too tame to even fear the pos, was furious over this, they need guard animals more from freaks like this in facilities like that, thanks Jaded for update and making my day

A crash report says Corrao was walking north across State Road 50, near Story Partin Road in Orange County, shortly before 6 a.m.
It looks like it was just sheer bad luck he got hit.

Google Maps doesn't show any major ditch on the south side of FL-50., so he couldn't have unexpectedly popped up in front of the F-150; and at Story Partin Road FL-50 runs about 30 degrees south of east. The sun was 26 degrees north of east, brightening the eastern horizon, but it wasn't up over the horizon yet and wouldn't be until 0627 Eastern time, so it wasn't shining in the driver's eyes.

--Al

[....]
FOX 13 News has learned Carrao has since died after being hit by a vehicle while walking across a roadway near his Orlando home.

According to a crash report from the Florida Highway Patrol, Corrao was walking across State Road 50 (Colonial Drive) in Orange County around 6 a.m. June 5, 2019, when he was hit by a Ford F-150. Corrao died at Florida Hospital East. The truck driver was uninjured and was not cited.
[....]

Back