• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A suspected burglar was found crushed to death by a 900-pound safe in an Indiana home this week, local authorities said.

The Marion Police Department said they received a call on Tuesday from a man named George Hollingsworth who believed his garage was broken into. Hollingsworth told police that the door frame was damaged and the garage was so cluttered that he couldn't tell what was stolen, according to a press release.

While cleaning out the garage on Wednesday to see what might have been stolen, Hollingsworth found a body underneath a 900-pound antique floor safe that had evidently fallen over, Deputy Chief Stephen D. Dorsey said.

“My mind couldn’t comprehend it,” Hollingsworth told Indianapolis' FOX 59. "I would have rather seen him steal stuff and get out than die like that. What a horrible way to die."

Mr. Hollingsworth

Mr. Hollingsworth's garage

The delightful Mr. Disney

I have a 2 ton safe in my garage. Jokes on any burgler's though as it's currently empty!
From a Daily Mail version of the story:
He said: 'I don’t know. I don’t understand why they would do that. There’s nothing in it. It’s empty. It’s just one my dad had.'

Back