• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ells9824

Bold Member!
The City of Industry has closed off a house after
investigators looking into building code violations uncovered a labyrinth of
tunnels and rooms beneath it. Sheriff's deputies are now trying to figure
out what could have been going on.

Story and pictures

Walk into the home on 17446 Renault St. and immediately your mind starts to
wander to places normally only seen in horror movies. There are trap doors
in the floor and tunnels to hidden chambers.

The home has dark, dangerous places even one of the home's owners wonders
the worst about. She asked Eyewitness News not to be identified, but spoke
with John Gregory.

"What do you think is going on in those rooms?" asked Gregory.

"Lot of things. A lot of things. I mean, I have a sister that's up the
street right now, and she's not mentally there. I have another sister, she
has no life. The other one just went to jail, a brother, about a month ago.
He just went to jail for being back there, in the home," said the woman.

The woman doesn't live in the home, but her father did. For now, her fears
and suspicions are only that. The father was renting the property out, and
those occupants have been evicted.

They found a similar house around where I live a few years back. This guy was keeping women in holding cells in his basement for company. Nice guy though, big supporter of the neighborhood watch....

i just have a feeling they're gonna find some weird shit down there. Aside from Morbid's blonde wig.

Off-hand, seeing those pictures reminds me of the excellent Craven film The People Under the Stairs. And truth be told, it is damn likely that there was something sinister going on there. If it true, one of the comments would seem to suggest that this place should've been leveled long ago. But, for now, I will reserve judgement, as virtually every aspect of the house, however potentially sinister its use, could also be explained as legitimate in some capacity or another. For example, the steel doors that lock from the outside are a good way to store valuables, especially when they are hidden in a network of tunnels unlikely to be found by robbers who invade the home. So we'll need to wait and see on this one.

Back