• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
First 2 seasons are on netflix and they're brilliant. IF you don't watch this show you're a fucking idiot.

British crime dramas are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO superior to the shit America puts out. No comparison, no contest. American television is like cheesy soap opera caliber by comparison when it comes to this genre, excluding True Detective of course.

I absolutely agree with everything you just wrote. I love the British detective mysteries.

I've seen the first two seasons of Broadchurch. But do you know there's some pretty good ones from Canada, Australia and New Zealand, too?

I recently watched Top of the Lake, had some flaws and i was disgusted by the like gratuitous 15 min of sex scenes between the main character and her goofball bf in every single episode, but it too was quite good. That ones Australian.

Wallander(although i think this is a remake of a some nordic show), Broadchurch, Luther, and Hinterland are among my faves. All tremendous.

I've heard there's an AMerican Broadchurch in work, or perhaps it already got a season? Wanna say the male lead is played by the same actor in both versions. Fucking stupid. When things like netflix exist and people can easily access/view other nations television shows, the notion of remaking em seems so completely asinine and pointless.

I've heard there's an AMerican Broadchurch in work, or perhaps it already got a season? Wanna say the male lead is played by the same actor in both versions. Fucking stupid. When things like netflix exist and people can easily access/view other nations television shows, the notion of remaking em seems so completely asinine and pointless.

You're thinking of Gracepoint. It didn't get renewed for a second season. It really wasn't bad either, a copy of the first season of Broadchurch...but it didn't do well in the ratings.

There's a new Canadian show that just started a couple weeks ago, Bellevue. It seems pretty decent, but I've only seen the first 2 episodes, so not sure if it will last yet.

Back