• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Brijjanna Price stood quietly with family members and worked to compose herself outside UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland Thursday night.

Then she talked briefly and poignantly about being strong and hopeful for her 4-year-old son Na’vaun Jackson, who is on life support, suffering from a brain injury after a shooting incident at an East Oakland house.

“He’s in critical condition, he’s still in the same position he was in when the situation happened,” said Price, whose son underwent surgery Wednesday. “We can do nothing but take it day by day, and hope for better.

“I’m a mother. I have to be strong. I’m holding in there. I’ve got a lot of pain.”

Price’s boyfriend, Terrence L. Wilson, was charged Friday afternoon with one count of child abuse, one count of possession of a firearm by a felon and one count of first-degree criminal firearm storage, according to court documents filed by the district attorney’s office. The gun belonged to Wilson, who was legally not allowed to posses firearms, according to police.

Na’vaun was in the bedroom of Wilson’s home visiting on Wednesday. He was in there alone, watching TV, when the adults in the home heard a gunshot.

According to court documents, Wilson told police he slept with a gun under his pillow the night before. When he woke up to take the children to school, he forgot it was under his pillow. Brijjanna Price told police she was aware a gun was in the house, but did not know where it was stored.

He told police he had not realized the boy was in the bedroom when the gunshot went off. Wilson was playing video games in the living room of the home, the court document said.

Brijjanna Price said she also had lost her brother, Lamont Price, in February 2012, in addition to cousins and friends, to gun violence.

“Stay home, because your house is the safest place,” said Brijjanna Price, who added that you never know what anybody has “in their house.”

Continue reading at link for redacted segments

But Brijjanna you knew and failed your child.
2014 pic

:

Shocking that such a classy lady, who keeps felons around the house who warmly spoon a gun at night, keeps dealing with gun violence. :rolleyes: What a victim! Poor "mom".

If you have a stomach like that, whyyyyy do you take pictures with it flubbed out?? Not a good look on her.

Brijjanna Price told police she was aware a gun was in the house, but did not know where it was stored.
[...]
“Stay home, because your house is the safest place,” said Brijjanna Price, who added that you never know what anybody has “in their house.”
Ya dumb ho, you did know what was in that house and failed to make sure it was secured. All it had to be was on a high shelf. Out of reach of small children, but easy to grab when the thugs come.

I want to write her in jail to tell her I'm hotter. Seriously though-people should have to pass an IQ test to own firearms and have kids.

I am struck by the difference between this case and the case from two days ago with the kid who grabbed Mom's gun when she got out of the car and shot his sister dead.

In this case, the gun owner was arrested. In the other case, the mom whose gun it was was not arrested or even charged.

The law needs to be enforced evenly and fairly.

In this case, the gun owner was arrested. In the other case, the mom whose gun it was was not arrested or even charged.
The gun belonged to the man and she and the children were visiting his home. "Na’vaun was in the bedroom of Wilson’s home visiting on Wednesday. He was in there alone, watching TV, when the adults in the home heard a gunshot. "
Mom knew he had a gun in his house but didn't ask him to make sure it was secured. She may yet be charged with neglect, and sentenced to parenting classes.

The gun belonged to the man and she and the children were visiting his home. "Na’vaun was in the bedroom of Wilson’s home visiting on Wednesday. He was in there alone, watching TV, when the adults in the home heard a gunshot. "
Mom knew he had a gun in his house but didn't ask him to make sure it was secured. She may yet be charged with neglect, and sentenced to parenting classes.

Exactly. Yet in the other case, where a mother left a loaded gun in the car with her two small children, and one of them shot the other dead, there are no charges against her.

Last edited:
The bulk of his charges seem to be related more to the fact that he was a felon illegally in possession of a gun in the first place, though. That may not have been the case for the other mom you mentioned.

I don't think race has anything to do with the differences in charges.

The mother in this case will probably not be charged either.

Back