• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Lakewood Police Department is hoping the public can help investigators learn more about a fight that broke out at a children's baseball game.

Police said the fight occurred shortly before noon Saturday at Westgate Elementary School. Several injuries were reported, including one seriously.

"Coaches and parents, unhappy with a baseball game involving 7-year-olds and a 13-year-old umpire, took over the field and began assaulting each other," police said on its Facebook page.

Video shows parents taking to the field, battling one another and throwing punches. The young players stood by, watching the whole thing.

"I think the saddest part in all of this is we're talking about a 7-year-old baseball game," police spokesman John Romero said. "I think it's the parents who have to grow up."

Police are looking for any information about the fight. They would especially like to know the name of a man seen on video who is wearing a white shirt and teal shorts.

Police said the man sucker-punched another man and could face assault charges.

Police said four people have been cited for disorderly conduct and fighting in public. There are no reports of any children being injured.

Both of my sons played on team sports from the time they could until they couldn't, so I was sitting on a field somewhere at some point for at least 15 plus years. It was an unusual game when nobody was thrown off the field or completely banned from setting foot on the property.

To me, the most important part of putting your kid on sports team is so that they could learn how to play as a team where nobody is the "STAR" everybody plays apart in the win or loss and to learn good sportsmanship but obviously that is not important to a whole of parents. And that's just sad.

Back