• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Brandy Gentzler, 22, is accused of causing injuries, including second-degree facial burns, to her 16-month-old daughter because the toddler wouldn’t stop crying.

While giving her daughter a bath on December 31, Gentzler allegedly held the toddler’s face under the water and faucet several times in an attempt to get her to stop screaming, according to the criminal complaint. When Gentzler realized her daughter’s face was getting red, she removed her from the water, placed the toddler on her chest and when she pulled back her child’s face, a piece of skin remained on Gentzler’s sweatshirt.

Gentzler took her daughter to York Hospital on January 1 for facial burns, where she was transported to Lehigh Valley Hospital for treatment. State Police were notified of the suspected physical abuse that same day by the York County Office of Children, Youth, and Families.

On January 3, State Police spoke with a nurse at Lehigh Valley Hospital. The nurse advised that an MRI showed three healed fractures, which included the seventh right rib, the right elbow and the left clavicle. She also confirmed the child had second-degree facial burns.

At the end of January, State Police interviewed Gentzler. She described the incident in the bathtub (seen above), noting that her daughter hates the feel of water and just kept screaming.

Gentzler was also questioned about the healed fractures, in which she reportedly admitted to having been rough with her daughter because she “wants attention all the time.” Gentzler allegedly squeezed her daughter’s chest, shook her and lifted her up really hard.

Gentzler described a fourth incident when she was feeding her daughter, saying that the toddler bit her finger and to show her that biting hurts, Gentzler allegedly bit the “meaty part” of her hand.

Brandy Marie Gentzler, 23, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault, telling York County Judge Maria Musti Cook that she placed the then-16-month-old girl's face under the running hot water because "she wouldn't stop crying."

"She was being fussy," Gentzler, wearing prison orange and handcuffs and shackles, told the judge. "I, um, the water was running and I put her head in front of the water and it caused her burns."

The plea was contingent on the prosecution dropping the additional charges of endangering the welfare of a child, aggravated assault of a victim under 6 and simple assault.

Gentzler's attorney, John White, said there were underlying mental health issues and "other factors" that will come to play in the eventual sentence. He said he expects to seek a sentence that is focused more on treatment than punishment.

"She is extremely sad and remorseful," White said, "and has been since day one."

I don’t see the reason to plea deal this bitch- she admitted to burning/breaking/shaking her baby & more!

Even with her lawyer trying to sell some sob story about her, I’m sure a jury would have had no trouble finding her guilty on all charges!

I don’t see the reason to plea deal this bitch- she admitted to burning/breaking/shaking her baby & more!

Even with her lawyer trying to sell some sob story about her, I’m sure a jury would have had no trouble finding her guilty on all charges!

My SIl is a former prosecutor, and they do so many deals because they want to have close to a 100 percent case clearance rate.

My middle one would scream bloody murder at that age when I’d rinse the shampoo out of her hair, even though I used a cup to make sure it didn’t get in her eyes. She just hated the sensation. Her screaming was so bad once that my visiting cousin sprinted down the hall and burst into the bathroom to make sure I wasn’t abusing her.

At the time I was embarrassed but now I’m like Good for him!

The chubby little girl looked just like her.

I don't care how sad or remorseful she is/was or is going to be in the future. That little girl is probably scarred both physically and emotionally from want this woman did to her.

My SIl is a former prosecutor, and they do so many deals because they want to have close to a 100 percent case clearance rate.
A clearance rate at the expense of not only this child, but any future children. Seriously, how sick can you be to forcefully hold your child’s face under a scalding faucet. Yay 100%! Or are they just insuring future cases. How the hell do they live with themselves.

Last edited:
A clearance rate at the expense of not only this child-seriously, how sick can you be to forcefully hold your child’s face under a scalding faucet, but any future children. Yay 100%! Or are they just insuring future cases. How the hell do they live with themselves.

Some they don’t have enough evidence, so they take what they can get them to plead too. Sometimes they’re first offenders, and they know a jury would have pity, so they offer a plea. Sometimes they just have enormous case loads, and can only focus on the worst to take to trial. And sadly enough, this isn’t one of the worst, by far. Believe me, the good ones don’t like it either. It’s why she’s a former prosecutor.

Brandy Marie Gentzler, 23, pleaded guilty Oct. 9 to one count of felony aggravated assault for causing her child to suffer second-degree burns. An examination of the baby also found older healed injuries, according to court documents.

It was an open plea, meaning it was up to presiding Common Pleas Judge Maria Musti Cook to determine the proper punishment, but there was an agreed-upon sentencing cap of no more than three to six years in state prison, plus probation.

Gentzler's defense attorney, John White, argued for a shorter sentence, saying she's a single mother with two young children.

"She will have to live with what she did to her child for the rest of her life," White told the judge.

"The nature of this offense is very troubling, very serious," Cook said, adding that children trust parents to care for them and provide for their needs.

In addition to the three-to-six-year sentence — for which Gentzler is receiving 295 days' credit for time already served — Cook also ordered the young mother to undergo two years of probation and submit to a mental-health evaluation.

Cook said she's not opposed to Gentzler having supervised contact with her children while incarcerated, if that's something the state Department of Corrections is willing to arrange.

Latest posts

Back