• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police arrested local day care workers who investigators say left a 4-year-old boy alone in a hot van for an hour.

The woman who found the child told Channel 2’s Tyisha Fernandes that the only reason why she saw the boy is because he kept honking the horn trying to get someone's attention.

She said the boy had taken off his shirt and his shoes and she could tell his body was overheating.

She quickly called police.

Three staff members were later arrested.

The Rev. P.L. Redmond Jr., who runs the Evelyn Redmond Christian Academy at New Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, had no comment when Fernandes asked him about the arrest.

State officials with the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning told Fernandes the day care is not licensed, but they do have a special exemption where they’re allowed to have a certain number of children between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The child was found after those hours around 3 p.m., according to police.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...bor-finds-4-year-old-inside-hot-van/813775240

Lock the adults in a steel shed with no room for sitting.If they survive 3 days...charge them.
If not...
zero fucks for all.

Yea, blame the 4 yr old victim. WTF

I don’t think she is blaming ... so much as wondering ?

I’m kind of wondering the same thing ... maybe he didn’t know how, maybe he was simply scared to get out of the van, because

There were no adults around and he felt safer in it?

Why didn't he just open the door?

I mean if he was able to honk the horn then he should have been able to open the door.
Child probably couldn't figure out the buttons that unlock the doors or roll down the windows.
Couple times a year I borrow a neighbors minivan and have to fiddle a lot with the buttons to figure it out which button opens what: doors, sliding doors, hatchback. (My car is a '98 with window cranks. I've never owned a car with them fancy power buttons.) The owner said the mini van is "hard for children to escape from".
So the boy may have tried lots of buttons and gave up .

Last edited:
Why didn't he just open the door?

I mean if he was able to honk the horn then he should have been able to open the door.

Depends how little he was. Car horns can be easy to push. Pulling a handle can sometimes be hard. My daughter has very little muscle mass and she couldn’t open the car door till just a few months ago. She’s 7.

Also, some cars won’t open the doors when it’s locked. Maybe he couldn’t figure out the lock.

Back