• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Ok, this will be kind of confusing because I don't have a handle on it quite yet. However, because of recent Patreon news, I will probably make steps to move away from it. Not sure how yet as a lot of those Patreons aren't even forum members and we will lose what little amount of money we get from them.

So that leaves me with only two other options at this point, and that is Bold memberships and straight donations... both done via Paypal. I am setup to do both, I just don't have visible links for them on the site yet.

My issue is I am not sure how to handle it as I want to keep the Bold monthly cost low, but I have also gotten many messages that I am underselling or that people want to donate more than just $1 a month. This is already do-able with our current format, but kind of confusing as it would mean someone having to maintain TWO re-occurring payments to the site (One for their $1 Bold membership and another for the amount they actually wanted to pay a month).

So that got me thinking... what I may do is make three tiers of Bold. The $1 a month, $2 a month and a $5 a month. The only thing is that currently I don't have anything extra to offer the two higher tiers. I'm not going to downgrade the perks for the $1 a month, so that would mean I need to offer something more for the $2 and $5 that Bold members do not currently have. Then I can also just have a straight Donate with a running total each month for those who just feel like helping out, Bold member already or not.

Any suggestions on this? Since we lost some of our stuff because of the forum upgrade, I figured the higher tiers may get a little extra like name changing, styling, automatic entries into monthly giveaways. Fuck, I don't know. Throw some shit at me so I can think about what we can do or not.

And have a write in your own amount option for those really big spenders, lol. I like the tiered membership, too, along with the extras. Really, you have good ideas already and I'm not sure I can add much. Maybe special emojis for the higher contributors?

I definitely would like additional emojis and post ratings, if that's even an option for the upgrade. Hell, I'd pay more specifically just to get my pink :hilarious:"hilarious" guy back.

Top tier red light district returns? LOL

I'm ok with Tier membership. The question I have is this: Are memberships crossing over? So If I bold up in the Dreamin side, does that include Screamin?

Ah. Great question. The answer is yes, since SD will be using these forums, the perks crossover -- this includes early access to non-time sensitive videos and any special live-streams we do just for Bold members. The Pulpit of Doom podcast will be live, so not much we can do there.
Post automatically merged:

I definitely would like additional emojis and post ratings, if that's even an option for the upgrade. Hell, I'd pay more specifically just to get my pink :hilarious:"hilarious" guy back.

I'll definitely be adding more emojis in once I get time, but since reactions are now native to Xenforo, they have not included a permissions option for them like the last plugin had. I'll do some looking to see if anyone has figured a way to do that, or if Xenforo plans on implementing permissions for reactions at a later date.

Last edited:
I'm checking on name and title styling, as well as unlimited name changing to sweeten the pot a bit.
Post automatically merged:

I'll also update our Bold Membership benefits list as well. At least make it so that even I can read it. With any luck, maybe we can get off Patreon within the next month or so.

@Morbid

Forgive me if this has been answered already ( Vodka is kicking in) Any way to still buy a yearly bold membership instead of month to month? pay once for the year?

I'll have three tiers of month-to-month as well as a straight donate that can go to whatever (bulk member like you are talking about, or even gifting to someone else). The cost of those will be, well, whatever tier you want X 12. Of course, for those of you who are already Bold, you will keep that until it was to end originally.

Oh, and I will have a very detailed summary and explanation of all this once it gets nailed down. It will be on the Bold\Upgrade page once I am finished.

Last edited:
Fucking Nerds .. I don't know why you're changing shit all the time ... it was perfect before .. its been perfect all the time until you fuck around with it ... I tried to pay for my bold membership yesterday ... some how i was charged $27 ... fine. I want all the buttons ... the tiers are a stupid idea ... What about those stickers ?

Fucking Nerds .. I don't know why you're changing shit all the time ... it was perfect before .. its been perfect all the time until you fuck around with it ... I tried to pay for my bold membership yesterday ... some how i was charged $27 ... fine. I want all the buttons ... the tiers are a stupid idea ... What about those stickers ?

The tiers are a perfect idea, as I have already seen. The crap was not perfect before, or I wouldn't have had to change it. Perfect for you, maybe, but not for the site continuing on the path is on. I have messaged you about the $27. Sorry I didn't see the messages, they got lost in the mix\upgrade.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot... I even gave you a free year when I thought we were shutting down. Why would you try to by a Bold Membership when you already have one? Also, I didn't "fuck around" with it... I had to UPGRADE it. Sure, those terms can be interchangeable, but one of them is necessary, the other is not.

In regards to the "like" buttons, I have posted enough about that I am done with it until I have more news. There is an active thread going on about it right now..

Last edited:
The tiers are a perfect idea, as I have already seen. The crap was not perfect before, or I wouldn't have had to change it. Perfect for you, maybe, but not for the site continuing on the path is on. I have messaged you about the $27. Sorry I didn't see the messages, they got lost in the mix\upgrade.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot... I even gave you a free year when I thought we were shutting down. Why would you try to by a Bold Membership when you already have one? Also, I didn't "fuck around" with it... I had to UPGRADE it. Sure, those terms can be interchangeable, but one of them is necessary, the other is not.

In regards to the "like" buttons, I have posted enough about that I am done with it until I have more news. There is an active thread going on about it right now..
Make dreamin demon great again!
;)

Last edited:
Ok, I have two tiers of Bold and I may keep it that way for now. The only difference between Bold and Bold+ is that Bold+ members have a little more leeway when it comes to signatures, album uploads, avatars and can change their name once every 30 days. Still working on the descriptions so people know what they are getting.

So what about trimming back the forums, is that still necessary?

I reported 2 of my own threads that could go. But before I spend hours reporting old clunkers that can be towed away I thought I better check on that status. Whoever would be in the receiving end of those reports won't be bothered either.

Last edited:
Hypothetical:
So let's say I wanted to bold myself and 4 other people.
Would I then sign up to pay $5 per month and name the 4 ppl?
Or do my dollar thing and pay $12x4=$48

Hypothetical:
So let's say I wanted to bold myself and 4 other people.
Would I then sign up to pay $5 per month and name the 4 ppl?
Or do my dollar thing and pay $12x4=$48

You would do your dollar thing and pay $12x4=$48 (or even go ahead and do you as well for a total of $60). And let us know the names of the members, of course.

Back