• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Authorities in northern Georgia are looking for the mother of a newborn found alive in a plastic bag in a wooded area.

News outlets report someone heard the infant crying Thursday night in a wooded area in Cumming.

The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office says deputies found the child and gave the girl first aid. She was taken to a hospital and is listed in stable condition.

Officials are asking the public to share any knowledge of a woman in the late stages of pregnancy who may have given birth to the baby. The child is currently in the custody of the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

I remember as a child watching some Jerry Lewis movie where a baby was dropped off in a picnic basket on his porch. All kinds of hilarity follows. From that day on I hoped and prayed I’d find a baby on my porch. I still can’t look at a picnic basket with out kind of wanting to peak inside-just in case...

Authorities have released new photos of a baby girl who was found abandoned in a wooded area earlier this month. Investigators are still searching for her mother.

On June 6, a newborn baby was found inside a plastic grocery bag just off the roadway in Forsyth County.

Authorities have placed the girl who they have temporarily named India into the custody of the Department of Family and Children’s Services.

The search continues for her mother. On Friday, the sheriff's office released several new photos of "India" in hopes of someone coming forward.

Freeman said after the mother is located, investigators will determine whether or not the mother would face criminal charges.

Officials found the girl in a plastic bag in woods near Daves Creek Road in southeastern Forsyth County after they received a call from neighbors who heard the child.

Last edited:
. Sheriff Freeman said after the mother is located, investigators will determine whether she will face criminal charges. He pointed out that under Georgia law, a mother who does not want a newborn can take the child to a designated area such as a police department or fire station and hand the baby over to law enforcement officers within 30 days of birth.

She's lucky it won't be murder.

It should be attempted murder. Putting her in a plastic bag, throwing her in the woods and with the high temps we have been enduring in the last 2-3 weeks it's a miracle she didn't die of suffocation, exposure or heat stroke. Someone was trying real hard to kill her without actually putting their hands on her

@GoneWest
No updates on mom but baby India is growing healthy and big while waiting for her forever home..
After her rescue, thousands of people came forward to give the newborn a loving home. "We've had, literally, thousands of people across the country and other parts of North America come forward wanting to adopt Baby India," Tom Rawlings, director of the state Division of Family and Children Services.
Screenshot_20200418-235740.png

1684561700141.png

Deputies released the identity of the mother arrested nearly four years after a newborn was found abandoned in the woods in Forsyth County.

40-year-old Karima Jiwani faces multiple charges, including attempt to commit murder, cruelty to children in the first degree, reckless abandonment and other charges.

“This investigation has taken thousands of hours and we never stopped in those four years. I stood in this room and told you we would bring them to justice. Little did I know it would take four years,” Freeman said.
The sheriff also revealed that Jiwani had a history of concealed pregnancies; however, he said investigations haven’t found additional criminal acts like this.
Authorities say they were able to use DNA evidence to identify the baby’s father 10 months ago.

They say Jiwani gave birth in her car and drove around for a significant amount of time before abandoning the baby.
In the days after the incident, Channel 2 Action News showed you body camera video of the moments deputies tore open the bag to find the newborn with her umbilical cord still attached. The video shows officers frantically wrap the crying baby in a jacket.
“Baby India is now prosperous, happy and healthy. When those who were supposed to do their best did their worst to her, Forsyth County stepped up in a big way. We had literally hundreds, if not thousands of citizens asking how they can help….Forsyth County surrounded this little girl with love, care and prayers and lifted her up the way it’s supposed to be,” the sheriff said.

Back