• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...ctive-shooter-drill-at-local-school/831977346
BETHEL PARK, Pa. - Active shooter training will be conducted Thursday at Bethel Park High School, and students will be exposed to the sound of gunfire, according to a letter to parents.

The A.L.I.C.E. Drill, conducted by school police and a trained A.L.I.C.E. team, will be a scenario including an alleged shooter in the school.

A.L.I.C.E. stands for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter and Evacuate.

During the drill, police will fire blanks in hallways to expose everyone to the sound of gunfire in the building. The blanks will not be fired at anyone.

“The faculty and staff have been apprised of the situation and over the next few days the students will be shown a PowerPoint in homeroom, providing them with the needed information,” the letter to parents said.

"Even though they were told ahead of time, what will happen -- I think kids with any kind of issues will intensify," said grandparent Marlene Vavrek.

Nicki Sink, whose daughter is a junior at the high school, has no problems with the plan.

"Why not give them the tools to be ready for it instead of being worried about a traumatic experience of what could be a traumatic experience?" she said.

Video at the link.

I dont see a problem. They told everyone before hand, so any concerns about needlessly terrifying kids goes out the window.

The one potential pitfall is that you dont want kids to get used to these drills and then react passively during a real world incident because they think it's just another bullshit drill.

Im curious if this school has invested in increased security measures like a metal detector and limited entry points into the school to prevent a gun from entering in the first place, or items like this...

Bet they haven't. These schools dont actually give a shit, not when the fix involves money.

I know some military installations do active shooter drills like this, however they arent just firing some blanks in an empty hallway to get folks used to the noise, they raid the building and storm offices and shove M4 barrels in peoples faces. Quite terrrifying.

Back