• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Capture.PNG

A bizarre prankster wearing a television on his head has been giving gifts to dozens of Virginia residents — dropping vintage TVs on their porches.

“He wants to be known as the TV Santa Claus. I don’t know,” said Henrico County resident Jim Brooksbank. “We got an old tube-style TV, 13-inch.”

Old television sets were found at more than 50 residences over the weekend, and the prankster was caught on surveillance tape.

“I thought my son brought it home, but apparently not,” said resident Michael Kroll. “They had way too much time on their hands if they had all these TVs and spread them all over the neighborhood.”

Police say they’re monitoring the situation but think the prank is all in fun — the same thing happened in a different neighborhood last August.

“At most this seems to be more an inconvenience to the community,” said one officer, who picked up the TVs with other police.

Link with video:

“He wants to be known as the TV Santa Claus. I don’t know,” said Henrico County resident Jim Brooksbank. “We got an old tube-style TV, 13-inch.”

Santa Claus? If I tried to give my teen a 13" tube tv she would probably call CPS claiming child abuse.
Post automatically merged:

I have a farm that I have a small shooting range on. We're always willing to accept any old TV. Nothing beats hitting an old big screen with a 12 gauge slug!!

Shooting an old school tv is so much fun!

Wasn't there a Doctor Who episode like this? And the TVs ended up controlling everyone's minds? Something like that.

I bet I understand this one. Many landfills will not take old, tube style TV's and monitors. Here in WV, they usually end up at the bottom of roadway embankments next to old refrigerators and clothes dryers. This guy probably just employed a creative solution to clean out his garage.

I once had to return from my local landfill with 3 old monitors still in the bed of my truck. The landfill attendant came out, looked under my tarp and told me I could go dump everything else but when I came back out of there those monitors better still be in there.

They reversed the policy when it became apparent they were simply encouraging roadside littering and environmental contamination in a place already up to it's ass in that sort of shit anyway.

Back