• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

A bizarre perfume that smells like semen was inspired by the AIDS epidemic of the 1980s, the maker has revealed.

Etat Libre d'Organge's first perfume, which also has aromas of blood, sweat and saliva, launched around a decade ago.

Secretions Magnifiques received a dismal response but has gained huge popularity as people buy it out of curiosity.

In reviews, customers have described the smell as being like 'an ill toddler', 'indescribably skanky' and 'salty'.

Now, its creator Etienne de Swardt has explained his thought process behind the individual scent.

Story:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7127555/The-perfume-people-want-smell-like-SEMEN-inspired-AIDS-epidemic.html

I am a perfume collector. This perfume house prides itself on making unusual perfumes with provocative names. It is my understanding that this one was not really that funky smelling, it was more the provocative name and concept that had the cachet. Another indie perfume maker created something that allegedly really did smell much more like semen, but it was expensive and super limited edition. Those who had a chance to sniff it found it pretty authentic.

I own hundreds of interesting niche perfumes, but I never had the chance to sniff either of those, nor a strong inclination to spend enough to seek them out, although if I had an opportunity to sniff them for free, I surely would.

One of my favs is described as smelling like a Mongol warrior's crotch (it does not smell like that to me), and another fav is described as being so uber femme that it is "like Mae West with rabies". I always loved that line.

Thanks for the insight @Brillig this makes a little more sense. I bet it was the same deal with that Abandoned Hospital Scent candle I posted about. Just a cool name and not a candle that smells like asbestos and mold!

Back