• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Viral videos appearing to show a woman on an electric scooter dragging a dog on a Bakersfield street over the weekend have sparked outrage after being posted to social media, and the incident is now the subject of a police investigation.

Bakersfield television station KERO was first made aware of pictures showing a person holding a bloody dog over the weekend.

A viewer contacted KERO on Monday with surveillance video that shows the person traveling in the area of downtown Bakersfield with a dog being dragged behind.

Brandon Sanders told the station he was with his girlfriend on Sunday afternoon when they witnessed the incident, believing at first the dog was a stuffed animal because the canine was motionless. They yelled at the rider to stop, but she was wearing headphones and it's unclear if she heard them.

Sanders confronted the woman when she got closer and asked if she and the dog were OK.

She responded, 'S--t happens, just like it does with kids," Sanders said in a widely shared post on Facebook.

"We told her, 'No you don't drag your kids behind a scooter at 15 miles-per-hour,'" Sanders wrote on Facebook.

The dog had four bloody paws, Sanders said. He snapped photos of the wounded canine and posted them on social media.

"I was on my bicycle and she was walking and when she looked at me and saw that I was taking a picture of her she smiled at me, kind of a smart-alec smile. I'm not going to say what she did was intentional, but it was very negligent," Sanders told the station. "She had drug the dog at least 100 yards before she checked that it was there and that’s just from what we saw, from the point when we saw her to when she stopped."

(The disturbing videos are apparently no longer embeddable, but can be viewed here.)

The Bakersfield Police confirmed it's investigating the incident, releasing the following statement to KERO:

No arrests have been made in the case, police said.

Meanwhile, Sanders posted on Facebook that animal services picked up the dog. The canine was medically treated and expected to make a full recovery.
https://fox6now.com/2019/01/08/vide...ctric-scooter-rider-dragging-dog-down-street/
1547013397606.png

Nobody who did that accidentally would be holding the injured dog while smiling like a fucking jackass. I shouldn't have looked at the photo; it's making me want to shoot her in her face.

Update -

https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...gging-dog-behind-scooter-not-the-owner-of-dog

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Update: The attorney for the woman who allegedly dragged a dog behind an electric scooter has released a statement regarding the case.
"We have been 100% cooperative with the Bakersfield Police Department and their investigation. My client loves animals, especially Zebra, the dog who was shown in the video. We are confident that once law enforcement has concluded their investigation that this will be ruled an isolated incident. The dog is doing great and expected to have a full and short recovery."
23ABC has chosen to not release the woman's name because she has not been charged of any crimes.

A woman who allegedly dragged a small dog behind an electric scooter in Downtown Bakersfield has been released pending investigation. According to Bakersfield Police, the woman was not the owner of the dog. The dog has since been returned to its owner and received medical treatment.

Solution: drag her behind a Ford F150 with her cuffed by the ankles to a trailer hitch.
Put headphones on her blaring Nickelback.
15 mph for 20 mins every hour on the hour.

Too lazy to actually use her feet when walking a dog. What a thoughtless bitch! Is she a pet sitter? If so, I hope this photo instantly destroys her reputation. All the better if she has to sit in jail, with the hope of working at McDonalds when she gets out.

My client loves animals, especially Zebra, the dog who was shown in the video.

No, she absolutely doesn't. I can guarantee that. She should never be allowed to own an animal again.

Not her fucking dog? WTF? And if I hear the fucking phrase that she was "taking the dog for a walk" she needs to be fucking choked. Dogs do not "go for a walk", they "go for a smell", dogs don't give a shit about exercise, they want information, which they do by smelling. It irritates the fuck out of me when I see an "dog walker" dragging a dog away when it is smelling something during their periods out of the house. Its cruel as hell to do that to a dog.

Mar 13, 2020
A preliminary hearing for a woman accused of dragging a small dog while riding an electric scooter has been postponed to late March due to courtroom and witness unavailability.

The hearing for Elaine Rosa, charged with felony animal cruelty, had been scheduled for Friday morning but no courtroom was open until later in the day and a witness was unavailable to testify in the afternoon.

A new date of March 26 has been set for the hearing, where a judge will determine if there’s enough evidence to order Rosa to stand trial. She’s also charged with a misdemeanor of failing to provide animal care.

The incident leading to Rosa’s arrest occurred in January of last year after a woman drove a Bird scooter with a dog trailing behind her. Bystanders confronted the woman, later identified as Rosa according to court documents.

The dog, named Zebra, received medical treatment, including staples in its left leg. A veterinarian who examined the animal told detectives it suffered injuries consistent with being hit by a car.

Rosa, 39 at the time, worked as a contracted psychologist at Kern Valley State Prison. Her contract was terminated a day after the incident.

No information after this date.

Last edited:
Charges were dismissed Monday against Elaine Rosa, who once faced a felony animal cruelty charge for dragging a small dog from an electric scooter.
In October of last year Rosa entered a pretrial diversion programin which the criminal case against her was suspended and a number of conditions set in order to have the case dismissed.

Rosa, 39 at the time, sparked outrage when surveillance footage of her dragging a dog from a Bird scooter appeared on social media. The footage showed the animal motionless as the scooter pulled him along streets in Downtown Bakersfield.
he dog, Zebra, suffered bloody paws and abrasions but no permanent damage.

ugh.

so like sometimes do they leave these cases to sit forever on purpose and hope ppl forget about them so everyone can move on

oh look it's a lawyer who's full of shit, who would have believed it?!?!?!

My client loves animals, especially Zebra, the dog who was shown in the video.

YEAH WE CAN SEE FROM THE PIC, SHE LOOKS CONCERNED AND HORRIFIED AT THE INJURY SHE CAUSED TO THE DOG

you suck lawyer, we have eyes, you may be a good liar but u can't lie your way around a picture like that unless you're convincing a retard, ahhh wait there could be something to this.

Back