• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
EFqFIbCWkAAFxoa.png

Now it’s a jailbird.
EFqFIbCWkAAFxoa.png
A parakeet was taken in by police last week when its owner was arrested for shoplifting in the Netherlands — with the feathered accomplice witnessing the whole thing, local cops said.

Police in Utrecht, a town outside of Amsterdam, snapped a picture of the bird cooling its claws behind bars, perched next to a half-eaten sandwich.

“We recently arrested a suspect for a shoplifting,” Politie Urtrecht Centrum said in the Instagram post on Thursday. “During the arrest we found a sneaky witness with feathers and beak on the suspect’s shoulder.”

Dutch news organization RTV Utrecht blurred out the bird’s eyes to keep its identity private.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/30/bird-arrested-by-dutch-cops-after-owner-busted-for-shoplifting/

Attachments

• EFqFIbCWkAAFxoa_A.png
    EFqFIbCWkAAFxoa_A.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 503
Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a parakeet. It's a sun conure.

I think it's a love bird

Attachments

• 1569943510169.png
    1569943510169.png
    283 bytes · Views: 29
That's not a parakeet. It's a sun conure.

I know nothing about birds myself so let's not give me credit, but Wikipedia calls them "Sun Parakeets" and says that Sun Conure is the "aviculture" name. Not an important detail, I was just curious about em cause they're pretty.

Beautiful birds. If they weren't so fucking annoying to have around the house, I'd love to have them flying around with my plants (assuming my cat wouldn't try to murder the birds.... but she totally would). But no way in hell am I every going to consider getting woken up to THAT type of nonsense.

I have only ever seen one parakeet that could talk at all. This was waaay back in the day, and we visited a retired couple who raised them. Even the husband noted it was one in thousands of birds he had raised. This one also had an entire slew of tricks that it was very happy to perform. These included "washing" a teeny plastic baby in a wee bath tub.

I have only ever seen one parakeet that could talk at all. This was waaay back in the day, and we visited a retired couple who raised them. Even the husband noted it was one in thousands of birds he had raised. This one also had an entire slew of tricks that it was very happy to perform. These included "washing" a teeny plastic baby in a wee bath tub.
I had a parakeet that could talk a little. He could say "Whatchu doing?", "What's that bird doing?", and, "I can talk. Can talk." (That last was supposed to be, "I can talk. Can you fly?")

ETA: For "parakeet", read, "budgerigar" as required.

--Al

My mum had parrots, only one of them ever talked and it mostly swore at people. Told the vicar to bugger off one time.
Somebody -- not me; I knew better -- taught my bird to say, "Fuck you". I think the maintenance crew was doing it, since they seemed to have a predilection to enter my unit whenever they felt like it.

--Al

Latest posts

Back