• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Twenty-seven years after Billy Ray Cyrus scored a crossover hit with “Achy Breaky Heart,” the country star has lassoed another smash success as a featured vocalist on rapper Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road (Remix).”

This week the song tied the record for the longest-running No. 1 single in Billboard Hot 100 history. At 16 weeks, it shares the honors with Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men’s “One Sweet Day” and “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee. It also racked up seven nominations for the MTV Video Music Awards (Aug. 26).

Here, Miley’s 57-year-old dad — who also has a new collaboration, “Chevys and Fords,” with Johnny McGuire — traces his unlikely journey with “Old Town Road (Remix)” to the record books.

Congratulations on the massive success of “Old Town Road (Remix).” Did you ever see this coming?
[Laughs.] How could you ever see this coming? To be 16 weeks at No. 1, it’s not a thought that even came close to crossing my mind. But that being said, I just loved this song, and I thought the song just brought people together from all walks of life . . . It was really just a beautiful thing to be a part of, and I’m so glad that this song came into my life. It’s been a ride like no other. It’s like a magic horse, and it just kept running, man.

Full Interview:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/25/billy-ray-cyrus-im-shocked-old-town-road-is-a-runaway-hit/

Billy Ray Cyrus: I’m shocked ‘Old Town Road’ is a runaway hit

We are, too, Billy, We are, too.

It's a hell of lot easier to listen to than Achey Breaky, as far as I'm concerned!

Back