• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Sue sue

Take 6
Bold Member!
Was the attack on Big Papi a murder for hire or a robbery gone bad? Multiple reports state that former Red Sox player David Ortiz was shot and injured in the Dominican republic Sunday. Some news outlets have claimed the attack was a murder for hire. The gunmen hired by an angry drug lord who thought David Ortiz was a little to close to his wife. Others have said it was a robbery gone bad.

Ortiz was at the Dial Bar and Lounge in Santo Domingo at 8:50 p.m. when the gunman approached from behind and shot him. Ortiz was taken to a medical facility where he underwent surgery. The team of surgeons had to remove part of Ortiz's intestines and colon and his gallbladder. Ortiz also suffered liver damage
Bystander still caught one off the culprit and beat his ass bloody. They also taunted the would be killer.

The Red Sox had sent down their team plane to get David Ortiz and bring him back to the states to finish his recovery. Big Papi stood with all of Boston after the Boston Marathon bombing. You don’t fucking mess with our city and you don’t fucking mess with our Big Papi. Boston Strong!!!


View media item 1371
 
Last edited:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sejanus

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Wow this story hit a little too close to home.
Every morning I wash my Big Papi with a dial bar.
I almost never lose any intestines over it though.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sue sue

Take 6
Bold Member!
Wow this story hit a little too close to home.
Every morning I wash my Big Papi with a dial bar.
I almost never lose any intestines over it though.
I don’t think he was washing.
Post automatically merged:


Red Sox officials sent the plane so Ortiz could be brought to Mass General for further treatment.

"Our medical team here in Boston and the doctors in the Dominican Republic have confirmed that David’s condition is still serious, but that he is stable enough to be transported back here to Boston for continued care," said team President Sam Kennedy.

A throng of media assembled outside a Santo Domingo hospital to catch a glimpse of Ortiz, who was hidden behind a white sheet as he was taken out of the facility and brought into an ambulance.
 
Last edited:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

EyEgOrE

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
this just keeps growing...

A woman and 8 men have been charged as accomplices in the shooting of David Ortiz
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (CNN)David Ortiz was not the intended target of the murder-for-hire plot that ended with the former Red Sox star being shot, authorities in the Dominican Republic said Wednesday.

Prosecutor Jean Alain Rodríguez Sánchez told reporters that a friend of Ortiz, Sixto David Fernandez -- who was seated at Ortiz's table -- was the target of the bungled hit.

The suspected gunman was only sent a photo of Fernandez, who was wearing clothes similar to Ortiz that night. The prosecutor said the lightning made the shooter confuse one for the other.

"The fact that David rtiz wasn't the target doesn't change anything," Rodriguez Sanchez said. "The law is the same for everybody."

The mastermind behind the attack was identified as Victor Hugo Gomez, a cousin of Fernandez.

Gomez was convicted in 2011 of several crimes in the Dominican Republic but has since then being released from prison.

Authorities believe Gomez ordered the killing because he suspected Fernandez turned him in to Dominican investigators back in 2011.

Sanchez said Gomez, who has alleged ties to Mexico's Gulf Cartel, is wanted by the DEA and allegedly arranged the hit from the United States.
[....]
Maj. Gen. Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte, director of the Dominican Republic National Police, said Gomez and two other suspects are still on the loose. The other suspects were identified as Luis Alfredo Rivas Clase and Alberto Miguel Rodriguez Mota, the man who police said took a photo of Fernandez at the bar that was eventually shown to the alleged gunman.

On Monday, CNN obtained Dominican court documents that identified Rodriguez Mota as the person accused of paying for the attempted hit. Mota faces attempted murder charges in the case.
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
(CNN)The alleged mastermind in the shooting of former baseball star David Ortiz was arrested in the Dominican Republic on Friday, police there said.

The suspect, identified as Victor Hugo Gomez, was in custody, according to the official Twitter account of the Dominican National Police -- which said additional information would be released later Friday.

Gomez allegedly paid for a hit on a man sitting with Ortiz at an outdoor bar one night earlier this month.
[....]
A total of 12 suspects are in custody in connection with the Ortiz shooting; two others are still on the loose.
One of those suspects is the man accused of bankrolling the hit, Alberto Miguel Rodriguez Mota, who is also at large.

It's unclear why he would have put up the $7,800 payment for the would-be assassins as police allege. Gomez, Rodriguez Mota and two other suspects in the plot had previously crossed paths in jail, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.
[....]
 

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!


Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Staff online

Members online

Top