• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
2kpxug.jpg
inrc7t.jpg

The parents of a 4-month-old girl killed in January 2007 as seven people traveled cross-country in a van agreed to plead guilty to reduced charges.

Betty Viars, 23, and Cleet Ritchie, 29, will serve 15 years in prison, followed by five years' probation. Both pleaded guilty to reduced charges of involuntary manslaughter, permitting child abuse and obstructing justice.

Cleet Ritchie's brother Scott suffocated 4-month-old Mary Ann Ritchie with a pillow for crying during a drive from Florida to Mansfield, and the infant's parents did nothing to stop him.

Scott Ritchie pleaded guilty in March to an amended charge of murder and was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison. He was declared mentally retarded, which precluded the death penalty.

Scott Ritchie said that the baby had been crying, and they were tired of the baby crying so Viars told someone to shut the baby up. Scott then took a pillow and suffocated the baby, and then did a slashing motion with his finger.

The murder occurred at night somewhere between Georgia and Washington Court House, Ohio. Four adults and three children were in the van. Mary Ann Ritchie had been placed on the rear bench of the van, alongside a 4-year-old half-sister and 2-year-old half-brother.

She may have been crying because she had not been properly cared for during a three-day trip.

Investigators said both brothers smacked the baby to stop the noise.

Some place in Georgia, after a stop and a break because they were running out of gas, they determined that the baby was going to be suffocated.

A plan was hatched to dump the body in a trash bin at the Wal-Mart at Interstate 71 and Ohio 13, but that idea fizzled. Instead, the four returned to the apartment where the Ritchie brothers and Viars were living and placed an emergency call.

Scott dialed 9-1-1, and Cleet talks, and says we have a child here that's not breathing. Betty comes outside and handsed over the baby

Mansfield rescue squad workers found an infant they could not intubate because her body was in rigor mortis.

Rescue squad staff found the infant had severe urine burns, and her clothing was entirely soaked with urine, with cockroaches in the folds. The baby also had suffered a broken arm, but it was never determined whether the break occurred before or after her death.

Investigators started to make a case after Mary Ann Ritchie's 4-year-old half-sister approached a lab technician. When the technicians came in, the 4-year-old went up and said, flat, 'My sister is dead, and my daddy killed her.'

The half-sister, who may have ridden 200 to 300 miles next to her baby sister's lifeless body, is in the custody of her biological father.

Scott Ritchie's former girlfriend pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence and obstructing justice, and was sentenced to four years in prison.

Cleet and Scott Ritchie's two sisters each pleaded to felony charges of obstructing justice for helping their brothers evade police for several days. They are on community control probation.
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080801/NEWS01/808010311/1002

Kids say the darndest things. The 4 year old didn't even know she would be her sister's hero.

The Ritchie family and their women are bunch of tards... literally. Sentencing a baby to death should have earned them all a death sentence.

How the FUCK did the state allow them off with lighter sentences? They PLANNED that baby's death. PLANNED it. If I planned to kill someone that is considered 1st fucking degree. Period.

Urine burns... soaked in urine and cockroaches.... I hear when you die you lose your bowels and such. Possible contribution to the being soaked. But the burns, obviously that poor innocent baby was NOT taken care of during that trip. I've travelled with toddlers for long trips. I have driven for 24 hours one way in a car with my littlest one. Were they too fucking busy to pull over every two hours to change that poor baby? I don't fucking get it.

Yeah ImmortalOne, I was assuming they didn't have "time" to pull over. However, the article states they got gas in GA. So they DID pull over, but not to take care of the baby...just for gas. That is TERRIBLE!

I mean, I've done 2 day road trips with my eldest daughter. Everytime we stopped for gas (like every 2 hours), I was checking to make sure she didn't need to be changed etc. Hell, we even pulled over on the side of the road MANY times because I "thought" she needed to be changed.

Were they just so pissed off at the crying/fussy-ness that they just couldn't take it anymore? If that's the case, why even go on a trip to begin with?!

Hell, it says they ended back up basically where they started! At their apartment! Where they live!! So how long were they in the car? 4 hours maybe? Come on people!! THINK before you go on a cross country trip!!

Hell, it says they ended back up basically where they started! At their apartment! Where they live!! So how long were they in the car? 4 hours maybe? Come on people!! THINK before you go on a cross country trip!!

They were coming from Florida, and arrived back at their apartment in Ohio, from what I read. The police believe the other kids had to ride next to the dead baby for hours. They had just planned on ditching the body before reaching home, only didn't, apparently. How about the woman in the car who just rolled over and went to sleep after they killed the baby? She didn't even get 15.

These people all of them have no sense of value for human life. A helpless, innocent baby was made to suffer neglect and abuse and eventually murdered. WTF are wrong with people?? I tell you what they will suffer...they have yet a long life ahead of them. Baby killers and fucken tards, what ever you want to call them, will get there due... KARMA.

Rest in peace baby Mary Ann.

Can someone tell me what a urine burn is? I have never heard that term before. I have seen mine steaming before but I didn't think it would cause burns.

LOL! W8ng, I was gonna ask earlier what the hell a urine burn is. I've seen diaper rashes from not changing a diaper in like 12 hours (not my kids, I swear!)...but a urine burn? What the heck is that?

Damn Castille, I need to read more carefully. I didn't even see the part where they had come from Fl. But even still, they HAD to have stopped for gas - even the news report said they had to. That's a long drive to a) not change a diaper, b) listen to a crying baby, and c) sit next to a half dead baby.

I'm still not understanding the roaches either. Apparently there were roaches on the kid as well as urine burns? Where did the roaches come from? Their apartment? How do you NOT notice ROACHES on your kid?

A component of urine is "uric acid". A urine burn is a reaction to the acid. It's one reason mom's use protective cream on kids butts.

A burn can come from prolonged contact or the acid may have built up in the body and burn due to the high concentration. Others may burn easily due to sensitive skin. Some burns just cause temporary red skin while others may be very red and painful.

My grandson is prone to urine burns - he's 3 and has a built in indicator that he's had an accident (just look at his legs). When he was in diapers, we joked he had "atomic pee" but the doctor said he just has sensitive skin and should outgrow it.

I am sure the scald in this case is due to the filthy diaper.

Ok um...ew... I had no idea what a urine burn is, and now I'm pretty sure I want to stop thinking about atomic pee. Honestly I asked my hubby if he knew what it was and he was like "well when I pee sometimes it steams, maybe that?" LOL

Do we have any updates on this story? Like maybe where the roaches came from? Still wondering about that...

I still can't get it....15 years for a premeditated murder. Not to mention the injuries the child sustained prior (mystery)?!!!! I am atomically pissed off!!!!!

Cockroaches...urine burns...UGH! I can only imagine how disgusting that might of been for the little one. Is the 4 year old okay? Any roaches on her?

What the hell is wrong with people today! If you can't handle crying from a BABY, then don't breed them!
Just like to day that 4 year old is perfectly fine thanks for your imput dumb bitch...idec if you still use this or not that 4 year old is the kindest woman ive ever met
I still can't get it....15 years for a premeditated murder. Not to mention the injuries the child sustained prior (mystery)?!!!! I am atomically pissed off!!!!!
I'm Automatically pissed off by your lack of infromation and completely and utterly feel so sorry for someone like you that think that shits premeditated you dont know what that mom goes through on a daily bases without any of her kids men are more powerful and fuck everyone on this damn page because betty my muther fuckin aunt is a great ass person....happy fuckin 2019 yeah im stuck in 2008 because im one hurt kid by the disgraceful things being said on my aunt name
Post automatically merged:

So if any of you still use this cite and would actually care to know about the family and those kids feel free to comment becauss I was alive for this all and i was at that babys funeral and visit my cousin as often as I can and Betty is a loving mom that doeant get to see her kids and writes everyday... as for the men in this case um fuck them uhh they deserve to burn. Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Yet at the end of the day your cousin, little Miss Mary Ann, is still dead at the hands of her uncle.

This thread is about her and the punishments her killers got, not about how you feel about the punishment her mother, your Aunt Betty, got. And trying to warp it into being about you is a low-class thing to do.

--Al

@Yikeswannabet - Yeah... @Alf's post +1 and you need to stop looking up your family history on Google.

But thanks for digging up an 11 year old post and bringing it back into the limelight. I'm sure all involved will appreciate your searches bumping those terms up in the ranks.

If you're still stuck in 2008 (as you said) then the problem isn't us... It's you.

Grow the fuck up and move on.

Just like to day that 4 year old is perfectly fine thanks for your imput dumb bitch...idec if you still use this or not that 4 year old is the kindest woman ive ever met

I'm Automatically pissed off by your lack of infromation and completely and utterly feel so sorry for someone like you that think that shits premeditated you dont know what that mom goes through on a daily bases without any of her kids men are more powerful and fuck everyone on this damn page because betty my muther fuckin aunt is a great ass person....happy fuckin 2019 yeah im stuck in 2008 because im one hurt kid by the disgraceful things being said on my aunt name

So if any of you still use this cite and would actually care to know about the family and those kids feel free to comment becauss I was alive for this all and i was at that babys funeral and visit my cousin as often as I can and Betty is a loving mom that doeant get to see her kids and writes everyday... as for the men in this case um fuck them uhh they deserve to burn. Thanks for your time

Honestly, I don't care what kind of woman Aunt Betty is at this point....she let her baby be killed, she deserved to rot in jail just like those that actually killed the baby. As for the 4 year old, I do hope she's doing well (but she isn't the kindest woman...she'd only be 16 or 17 now, so still a child really).

I am all for mandatory birth control until someone is able to cope with having children & responsible enough to do so. you really came t the wrong place to have the sads for people I think should be rotting in prison for murder, even a non murder abuse case should have got them auto sterilization even in prison. Oh, poor auntie, wah, p.s. don't give a fuck about what family members that support garbage feels or want.

Last edited:

I can't tell what you're angry about. It could be your lack of sentence structure that won't allow you to express your thoughts coherently, or you're fucking retarded. I do get you're upset that we don't feel pity for your Aunt. Though, you are deluded to think she is a "great ass person" and "a loving mom". 'Great ass people', especially mother's, don't allow their babies to wallow in their filth for days on end, and 'loving moms' don't allow their children to be beaten and murdered. Your aunt is a piece of shit, she may feel remorse and is sad how her life is now, but she allowed this to happen.

Btw, I've never heard of this Betty, so I want to thank you for digging up this 11 year old dead thread. It's nice to know that even though 4 month old Mary Ann Ritchie's murderers never received a proper prison sentence, her fucking shitbag of a mother doesn't get to see any of her kids and I hope Betty is miserable for the rest of her fucking life.

Last edited:
Btw, here's Betty Viars latest prison update, WITH PHOTO!

Betty "I'm thinking we should have also 'taken care' of that little 4 year old snitch while we had the chance" Viars

BETTY ALISHA VIARS
Number:W072922
DOB:02/11/1985
Race:White
Admission Date:09/04/2008
Institution:Ohio Reformatory for Women
Victim DefinitionOhio Revised CodePre-S.B. 2 Felony
Sentencing Chart
S.B. 2 Felony
Sentencing Chart
Offense Information
PERMITTING CHILD ABUSECounts:  1ORC: 2903.15 4
Committing County: RichlandAdmission Date: 09/04/2008Degree of Felony: First
No Victim Information Available
TAMPER W/EVIDENCECounts:  1ORC: 2921.12 4
Committing County: RichlandAdmission Date: 09/04/2008Degree of Felony: Third
OBSTRUCT JUSTICECounts:  1ORC: 2921.32 4
Committing County: RichlandAdmission Date: 09/04/2008Degree of Felony: Third
INVOL MANSLAUGHTERCounts:  1ORC: 2903.04 4
Committing County: RichlandAdmission Date: 09/04/2008Degree of Felony: First
Sentence Information
Stated Prison Term:
Expiration Stated Term:
15 years
02/04/2022

And here's the prison photo of Betty''s co-conspirator, and former penis, Cleet Ritchie.

Cleet "You know what's worse than hearing little Mary crying in that van? Hearing my sobs everynight after being sodomized" Ritchie

Institution: Mansfield Correctional Institution

Last edited:
@Yikeswannabet I have thought long and hard about the best response to give that would be helpful as well as easily comprehensible to you. so here we go...

You are a messed up twat.
Seek professional help.

_______

Meanwhile Cleet is still wowing the ladies...in his sob filled nightmares of sustained buggery and disappointment.

Betty looks pleased with her lot in life. Likely realized she has nothing better to offer society than that of a scary tale to bring toddlers in line.

The bunch of them should have been mass executed.
Stitch them into a human centipede then force pressurized gasoline in the front with a flamethrower at the ready in the back.

Last edited:

Do you know what's worse, much worse, than saying disgraceful things about a stranger who allowed her baby to be murdered after being neglected to the point of suffering uric acid burns, and wearing a cockroach infested urine soaked diaper?

Being a mom who allows her baby to be murdered after being horrifically neglected. Being a mom who then tries to cover up that fact when her own 4 year old daughter is not too afraid to tell the cops.

She is still a piece if shit. Out of prison went to halfway house and still threatening people lives and its 2022. She will never learn she tried to be a homewrecker but to the baby killer it didnt work she threatened kill me and my kids all over a a man who has been married for 13 years . she deserves to go back and only time will tell I'm sure she will be right back. My opinion my experience so to the haters support a mom who allowed there child to be killed pathetic.

1648575425516.png

Cleet Richie

Sentence Information

Net Sentence 15.00 TERM
Expected Release Date/Parole Eligibility Date 01/18/2022

Parole Hearing Information

Supervision Start Date 01/18/2022
Period of Supervision 5 years

1648575603701.png

Betty Viars

Sentence Information

Net Sentence 15.00 TERM
Expected Release Date/Parole Eligibility Date 01/06/2022
TC/TT Sentence Expiration 01/06/2022

Transitional Control Information

Next Parole Board Hearing/Review Month January 2021 Latest Parole Board Hearing/Review Type & Results TC REVIEW/TC RECOMMENDED

Last edited:
And is out still threatening lives mine to be exact and my kids. I didnt even know this is what she did but makes total sense now

These people all of them have no sense of value for human life. A helpless, innocent baby was made to suffer neglect and abuse and eventually murdered. WTF are wrong with people?? I tell you what they will suffer...they have yet a long life ahead of them. Baby killers and fucken tards, what ever you want to call them, will get there due... KARMA.

Rest in peace baby Mary Ann.
Oh she is out living in mama field oh ik and is a real price if work she is on probatiinnfor 5 years and has already threatened to kill me and my kids I never knew her story but now I get it she hasnt learned I should of made a report I didnt I should have knowing this .

And is out still threatening lives mine to be exact and my kids. I didnt even know this is what she did but makes total sense now

Oh she is out living in mama field oh ik and is a real price if work she is on probatiinnfor 5 years and has already threatened to kill me and my kids I never knew her story but now I get it she hasnt learned I should of made a report I didnt I should have knowing this .
Sorry living in mamsfield ohio

Last edited:
Back