• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Contribution by ghosttruck.

[....]
When Nong Aom, a young woman from Pattaya, in Thailand, bought a box of 50 yellow rubber duckies as decorations for a swimming pool, she had no idea most of them would end up in the stomach of her two-year-old American bulldog, Davel. The woman noticed something was wrong when Davel threw up a chewed up rubber toy in front of her, and went into panic mode when he proceeded to regurgitate five other half-eaten toys. When she went to check the box of rubber duckies she had bought, Aom noticed there were only 12 of them left. Assuming there much be more in Davel’s stomach, she rushed her pooch to a nearby vet clinic.

“Normally my dog will not eat everything. He knows what’s edible and what’s not. But this time he swallowed 38 of the ducks,” Nong Aom said. “There were 12 left and he would have ate the rest if he didn’t start to feel sick. It’s very lucky I found him and I live so close to the vets or he might not have survived.”

After doing an X-Ray of Davel’s stomach, the veterinarian was shocked to find that it was full of rubber ducks, and got him ready for emergency surgery. The operation lasted over an hour and footage recorded by clinic staff shows doctors plucking yellow duckies one-by-one from the large dog’s stomach. In all, 32 yellow duckies were extracted, along with two pieces of green rubber and some undigested cow skin.
full

“It was not the first time I have had to perform surgery to remove toy ducks a from dog’s stomach. But this is the highest number of rubber ducks I have ever removed,” veterinarian Muy wrote in a Facebook post. “The owner of Davel phoned me yesterday, saying she wanted her pet X-rayed to see how many more toy ducks were in his stomach after Davel vomited up five of them. The X-ray showed his stomach was so full of toy ducks I could not tell exactly how many.”

Nong Aom suspects that Davel raided the box of rubber duckies during the night, but she only noticed it the following morning, when he got sick.
[....]
Davel recovered very well from the surgery, and went straight to his master as soon as the anesthetic wore off. Both Nong Anom and the vets who operated on him wanted to share the case as a cautionary tale for dog owners thinking of buying rubber duckies as toys or their pets.

“Please share this story. I don’t want to see other dogs hurting like Davel,” Muy wrote.

My Irish Setter once ate over 20 small loaves of foil wrapped Drunken Pound Cake (pound cake soaked in liquor) off the kitchen counter. It was the only time he ever took anything off the counter. Seemed like a weird choice.
Alcoholic in his previous life.

When I worked at the shelter, I saw so many crazy things in dog poop. Money, coins and chewed dollars. Hot wheels cars, crayons=fiesta poop. But my all time favoritest thing was a Barbie doll head. There was Barbie's face surrounded in poo with her perfect factory makeup. She's was just looking straight up like *best day ever at the spa.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Funniest fucking thing of my life.

"After doing an X-Ray of Davel’s stomach, the veterinarian was shocked to find that it was full of rubber ducks"

because he didn't believe the lady when she said, "help! My doggo's belly is full of rubber duck!"

when I was in high school, we had a dog that would eat any food he could get to. One day I came downstairs to get ready for school and found a plate on the floor beside some plastic wrap. Apparently, in the 15 minutes between mother leaving for work and me coming downstairs, the dog had eaten an ENTIRE chocolate birthday cake. (thankfully, he had no reaction to the chocolate)

"After doing an X-Ray of Davel’s stomach, the veterinarian was shocked to find that it was full of rubber ducks"

because he didn't believe the lady when she said, "help! My doggo's belly is full of rubber duck!"

when I was in high school, we had a dog that would eat any food he could get to. One day I came downstairs to get ready for school and found a plate on the floor beside some plastic wrap. Apparently, in the 15 minutes between mother leaving for work and me coming downstairs, the dog had eaten an ENTIRE chocolate birthday cake. (thankfully, he had no reaction to the chocolate)
Was it YOUR birthday cake?

I had a terrier mix who ate an entire bag of Hershey's kisses and suffered no ill effects. I suspect there isn't much actual chocolate in Hershey's.

The first Doberman I had ate an entire plate of cookies when we went on the front porch for like 2 minutes.

Was at a friend's house and watched their Great Dane help himself to an entire baked ham that was sitting on the counter. Happened so fast I couldn't do anything but watch in wonder.

Then there was Buster who used to go to all the area cook-offs with his owner back when those were a big thing. He trotted off and returned with an entire rack of ribs. Must've been stealthy as fuck since no one was chasing him.

My Irish Setter once ate over 20 small loaves of foil wrapped Drunken Pound Cake (pound cake soaked in liquor) off the kitchen counter. It was the only time he ever took anything off the counter. Seemed like a weird choice.

Awwww that's so sad. Have you looked into therapy? Sounds like he tried to eat and drink himself to death all at once like I did one Christmas.

Just with mental health awareness being what it is now it's always better to be safe than sorry... Of course it's probably just going to be a waste of time and money:

"Well Brillig I've got some good news and some bad news for ya...

The good news is he's not depressed at all, in fact he tells me he couldnt be happier!

The bad news is you're going to have to keep hiding that drunken pound cake... Because he's still fucking Irish!"

When I worked at the shelter, I saw so many crazy things in dog poop. Money, coins and chewed dollars. Hot wheels cars, crayons=fiesta poop. But my all time favoritest thing was a Barbie doll head. There was Barbie's face surrounded in poo with her perfect factory makeup. She's was just looking straight up like *best day ever at the spa.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Funniest fucking thing of my life.
Our Rottie eats all sorts of non-food stuff; can't trust her for a minute. She's not allowed to have a blanket in her crate because she eats the fiberfill they're stuffed with and festoons the yard with it. Tried fleece, thinking that would be too much trouble to eat. Nope.

Once she ate a buddy's wife's earplug (just one of them) and we found it in the yard the next day, looking all pristine amongst a bunch of shit. My buddy fished it out and gave it back to his wife, who promptly freaked the fuck out. That was hilarious.

Our Rottie eats all sorts of non-food stuff; can't trust her for a minute. She's not allowed to have a blanket in her crate because she eats the fiberfill they're stuffed with and festoons the yard with it. Tried fleece, thinking that would be too much trouble to eat. Nope.

Once she ate a buddy's wife's earplug (just one of them) and we found it in the yard the next day, looking all pristine amongst a bunch of shit. My buddy fished it out and gave it back to his wife, who promptly freaked the fuck out. That was hilarious.
Too bad he told her. It would have been the humor that kept on giving.

Family dog growing up ate 3 packages of yeast! She blew up twice her size. Between enemas and vomiting, it was eventually resolved. Also, years later, my dad decided to wrap two pounds of Tower's dark chocolates and put them under the xmas tree. All eaten and surprisingly didn't die. Her son (she only had one puppy so we kept him) also liked to get in my drawers and eat my Bubble Tape. I think it was 5 ft. of bubble gum he ate twice and one half roll.

This is one lucky doggo! Rawhides are bad news too.

Back