• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
11qqp84.jpg

Bernice Abeyta
fc2041.jpg

2hminbn.jpg

35avpt3.jpg

Christopher Abeyta in 1986

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – For 30 years, a mother in Colorado Springs has been grieving for her missing child. Now, she has a dying wish.

Bernice Abeyta has terminal cancer. Before she dies, she wants to know what happened to her baby boy.

“When Christopher disappeared it was like I lost my future,” said Abeyta.

She’s been clinging to the past. Her baby boy, Christopher, was just seven months old in July, 1986 when he disappeared from Colorado Springs. His parents say he was snatched from his crib in their bedroom in the middle of the night.

“My parents both said their greatest fear was they wouldn’t have answers before they died,” said Abeyta’s daughter, Denise Alves.

Those fears may be realized. Abeyta has incurable cancer. Christopher’s kidnapping remains a cold case with no named suspects and no new clues.

“I plea with them to come forward now so that my mom can have some peace,” said Alves.

15d3t5c.jpg

In an age progression image of what Christopher might look like today, he resembles his siblings. Abeyta has raised six children. She’s ready for what comes next.

“I’ve done what I had to do in life and so I’m okay,” Abeyta said.

While she may never know what happened to baby Christopher, she believes in justice.

“They’re going to have to face the facts someday that they didn’t help the parent of a missing child find their child and they’re going to have to pay for that,” said Abeyta.

There is a $100,000 reward in the case for information that leads to an arrest.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/05/24/colorado-springs-bernice-abeyta-dying-wish/

https://m.facebook.com/findchristopher

I KNOW RIGHT!!!
30 YEARS! WITHOUT HER BABY! WITHOUT ANSWERS, WITHOUT JUSTICE.

That's approximately 10,962 nights.. damn near 11 THOUSAND NIGHTS to lay awake, and think about him, Wondering what happened to him. Or if whoever took him, gave him a good life and loved him.
I CANNOT IMAGINE!! Super sads just thinking about it.

I dunno. I feel like if this gets shared enough... anything is possible. My prayers are with her.

mini-graphics-flowers-059356.gif
images
mini-graphics-flowers-059356.gif

One morning I went to answer the door to discover my friend Jane standing on the other side. As soon as she saw my face she burst into some of the cruelest, crushing weeping that I have ever heard emitting from the deepest core of a shattered soul. Before her almost doubled over body even crossed the threshold she cried out that her baby son, 9 week old Stephen was dead. She had found him the previous morning, unresponsive and cold in his crib, a victim of SIDS.

Jane was given an answer as to what took her baby boy from her and a precious place to lay him to rest. Still, her grief was so profoundly inconsolable that her husband, her mother and I all worried the first year that Jane might try to follow Stephen.

Then there are mothers like Bernice Abeyta's and Julie Patz who have waited more than 3 decades without knowing the fate of their sons. One can't even begin to imagine living through that particular hell.

A local mother who spent 31 years searching for her son in one of Colorado Springs’ most famous missing person cases has died without answers.

Bernice Abeyta, 73, lost her battle with gallbladder cancer Sunday. She had spent her life searching for her son, Christopher, who was snatched from his crib in 1986 when he was 7 months old.

He has never been found.

His disappearance left “a hole in her heart that was never filled,” family wrote Monday on a Facebook page that shares information about Christopher’s disappearance. “She never stopped searching for her son.”

Bernice Abeyta was known for traveling the U.S. vetting tips that came in about her son. Family previously recounted instances in which the dedicated mother reached a person thought to be her son before police arrived. It was not Christopher, family said.

After years without a suspect in the kidnapping, police said this year a person of interest has been identified. Colorado Springs Police Lt. Howard Black said a detective who took the stand in a civil hearing did say a person of interest had been identified. Black declined to name the person.
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/13/missing-persons-case-bernice-abeyta-colorado-springs/

FUCK.
Now his dad has passed away too.

BOTH of his parents died within the 30+ years he has been missing and never stopped looking for their son. They both passed before they received any answers.
My heart just fucking crumbled. I'm legit in tears right now thinking about it.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - More than 30 years have passed since the night a Colorado baby was taken from his own crib. Recently, the father of the missing child passed away and there are still no answers as to what happened to Christopher Abeyta.

11 News confirmed Monday night Gil Abeyta had recently died. Details surrounding his passing and cause of death were not available, but his family provided us with the following statement:

The Abeyta family is deeply saddened at the sudden loss of their father Gil. Gil was active in the community and a staunch advocate of missing children after the abduction of his child, Christopher, in 1986.

Despite their tragic loss, the Abeytas will tirelessly continue the search for Christopher, whose case remains unsolved.

Back