• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Many of us treat our pets like another member of the family. That’s why one Washington State family took their complaints to a lawyer after they say a neighbor is targeting their cat.

Those complaints make their cat, a brown Tabby name Miska, the cat with the most violations in King County. According to The Law Offices of Jon Zimmerman, out of the 20,000 animal infractions over the past ten years, 50 of those claims were against cats in Bellevue. Out of the 50 cat infractions, 30 of them were against Miska.

Now, Miska’s family is suing the city of Bellevue, King County, King County Hearing Examiner, Regional Animal Services of King County, David Spohr, Dow Constantine, Brad Miyake, Gene Mueller, and Tim Anderson.

One of their neighbors called the cat vicious, saying it attacked some rabbits in a neighbor’s yard, but Rollock says it’s just a cat being a cat.

Miska’s owners allege one of their neighbors spent the last five years trying to rid the neighborhood of the cat, citing an ordinance passed in Bellevue in 2010 that says domestic animals don’t have the right to freely roam. Once things escalated in 2017, Miska’s family hired attorney Jon Zimmerman.

“The same person who complained against Miska, is the person who signs the deportation order, which we consider to be a grave conflict of interest,” said attorney Jon Zimmerman.

The deportation order can only be signed by the animal control manager, who is also a neighbor filing the complaint. Gene Mueller was the former manager and signed a form back in 2017 when Miska was thrown in Kitty Jail for several months facing fines, euthanasia, and deportation out of the county.

“The government is willing to spend incredible taxpayer resources to engage in this to the point where they’ve actually assigned four prosecutors to this case,” said Zimmerman.

Zimmerman says Miska’s family fought back and saved Miska’s life. Even though Gene Mueller is no longer the county’s animal control manager, the cat’s family hasn’t forgotten the pain and heartbreak they say he’s caused, so they filed a lawsuit demanding all violations against Miska be dropped.

“It really is outrageous and egregious,” said Zimmerman.

What are the 30 complaints about? It doesn't really make that clear. The only complaint I saw was that the cat attacked a neighbors rabbits. The cat's owner seemed to think that was fine and no big deal, which I would find pretty irritating if they were my rabbits.

Last edited:
What are the 30 complaints about? It doesn't really make that clear. The only complaint I saw was that the cat attacked a neighbors rabbits. The cat's owner seemed to think that was fine and no big deal, which I would find pretty irritating if they were my rabbits.

My take is that it was a wild bunny the cat attacked, not a pet.

A cat owner in Washington state will now get $125,000 from the city and county after three years of litigation regarding her brown tabby, Miska.

Anna Danieli owns Miska. She filed a lawsuit in April 2019 over receiving $30,000 in fines and more than 30 violations for Miska's alleged misbehavior. The Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) had been issuing violations for Miska allegedly trespassing on a neighbor's property and taunting nearby pets since 2014.

Danieli's legal team, according to a release, was able to find numerous issues with both Bellevue and King County's actions. One of those was one neighbor complaint that came from the person who is also the head of RASKC.

Danieli will get the money along with a court order challenging Bellevue's city code and how civil offenses involving animals are handled. The release claims there could be other victims of "the outdated code."

Meanwhile, both the county and city will involve Danieli in recommendations for policy improvements.
1651975756255.png

Back