• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Elizabeth Francis and John Alvin Carter are accused of starving a 5-year-old boy so badly that he only weighed 28 pounds.

Carter is the boy’s adoptive father, but documents didn’t specify the nature of Francis’ relationship to the child.

According to court documents, on Dec. 21, 2018, investigators were called to Children’s Mercy Hospital on a report of child abuse and neglect.

Doctors diagnosed the boy with malnutrition due to starvation, a distended stomach and a perforated bowel caused by blunt force trauma. The boy was also suffering from bruising throughout his body and a cut on the top of his head.

He was sent into emergency surgery and was placed on a feeding tube.

Staff at the hospital told investigators that the child was last seen at the hospital on Sept. 26, 2018. At that time, he weighed 38 pounds, but by the time he was seen in December, his weight had dropped to 28 pounds, a weight common for a 2-year-old.

The boy was immediately taken into protective custody.

Elizabeth Francis initially told detectives that nobody had abused the boy, who lived with her and John Carter. After questioning, she implicated Carter and accused him of being physically abusive with her as well.

Once the victim was released from the hospital, he told investigators that, “Elizabeth don’t feed me.” He also said that Francis would tell him that she was going to let him starve and that he would “be dead.”

There's a "that boy ain't right" look about the Carter dude, and that step-momster or whatever she is to the child, was by the child's own words, trying to kill him.
IDK much about the actual circumstances of the case, yet, however I'm willing to bet a 2lb bag of RPC's* that she's also the person who physically abused the boy, after denying anyone in the home ever abused him, and then changing her story to conveniently blame her DH and suddenly accusing him of abusing her as well - without any supporting evidence or previous police/hospital reports that she's ever suffered abuse by him before.
Time will tell who's "quilty" of what here, but thank heavens this child was found and received treatment before it was too late, or we'd be reading the ME's report on his COD now.

I don't understand why he adopted the child.

For the check?

Unless he's got custody of the child from the child's mother that includes a child support agreement, he can't get a check for anything. The article has little information, and it's possible he adopted the child in a previous marriage and the child's mother died, was imprisoned, or what have you, thus leaving him as the sole parent.
Foster parents receive checks for the children in their care, but adoptive parents do not receive anything after adoption.
The question is, IMO, who/what is Elizabeth in relation to the child?
For all we know ATM, she could be his bio mother, although it's doubtful, but stranger things have happened.
o_O

* Regular size, not those tiny snack foil wrapped tidbit bite teasers.

Last edited:
There are subsidized adoptions in the States for foster children you can continue to receive a monthly board check until the child either reaches the age of 18 or 21 depending on your state.

The man and a former wife could have adopted the child who was from a relative.

The fact that she called the woman by her first name I am going to go with she is not the mother.

"May all children have the freedom to safely be children." I'm done. Can you believe this sick, fake ass bitch?? Yes, "dad" deserves life in prison but she deserves to die a slow and very painful death. Like she was trying to do to a tiny, helpless 5yo. I think it's because she told the little guy what she was doing that makes this story especially horrifying to me. Infuriates me to no end. I hope this boy gets a home filled with love and kindness so bad. He's had enough pain for a life time.

Starving a child is the most hateful, spiteful, premeditated thing that a person can do. Beating a child is bad but it's right now and may not (hopefully) happen again for a day or two, but starvation is all day every day, 24 X 7, never giving in, always consciously thinking about keeping food away from a kid. Watching the kid get thinner and thinner and still withholding food. That person is irredeemable as a human being, they need to put down like a rabid dog.

View attachment 19207
What happened to that man's head? His whole head and face look squished on one side. And the girl looks like a zombie that has not yet finished zombie-fying. Unlucky kid to get them in his life, but also lucky that CPS did get ahold of him in time. That kid could have easily ended up a death statistic.

A Shawnee woman has pleaded guilty in Johnson County District Court to charges of aggravated criminal sodomy and child abuse involving a 5-year-old, prosecutors announced Tuesday.

Elizabeth Marie Francis, 28, was initially charged in June with abuse and endangerment of a child after the 5-year-old was taken to Children’s Mercy Hospital in December 2018. The child was bruised and malnourished from starvation, the Johnson County District Attorney’s office alleged at the time.

Prosecutors later amended the charges to include sodomy and aggravated battery.

Per a plea agreement signed Tuesday, the battery and endangerment charges were dismissed and Francis pleaded guilty to one count of sodomy and one count of child abuse for the neglect and starvation of the 5-year-old in Shawnee.

A woman has pleaded guilty to charges that she sexually abused, neglected and starved her boyfriend’s 5-year-old child.
But it was all the guys fault and his doing.. here it comes guys.. he was abusing her.. the thing that pisses me off the most this was his adopted family.. he would have had a better chance in foster care :(

But it was all the guys fault and his doing.. here it comes guys.. he was abusing her.. the thing that pisses me off the most this was his adopted family.. he would have had a better chance in foster care :(
I really hope they subpoena some of the nurses. There’s a bunch of them that know what a giant shit pile she was right along with the dad.

FRANCIS, ELIZABETH
Earliest Possible Release Date (1) Nov 11, 2029
Current Status Incarcerated
Admission Date Jun 02, 2020

Convictions

CountyCase Number (I)Offense DateSentencing DateACSCriminal Conviction DescriptionCountsCrime Severity LevelCase Status (II)State
Johnson19CR1263Dec 21, 2018Apr 13, 2020N/A13CR448Aed Criminal Sodomy; w/child LT 14 offGE181Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 1ActiveKS
Johnson19CR1263Dec 21, 2018Apr 13, 2020N/AAbuse of a Child LT18; Intentional Torture1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 5ActiveKS
CARTER, JOHN A
Earliest Possible Release Date (1) Aug 16, 2022
Current Status Incarcerat
Admission Date Nov 23, 2020

Convictions

CountyCase Number (I)Offense DateSentencing DateACSCriminal Conviction DescriptionCountsCrime Severity LevelCase Status (II)State
Johnson19CR1264Sep 27, 2018Sep 30, 2020N/AAbuse of a Child LT18; Intentional Torture1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 5ActiveKS
Johnson19CR1264Sep 27, 2018Sep 30, 2020N/AAgg endangering a child; LT18 reckless1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 9ActiveKS

Last edited:
Back