• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Ok…you found an awesome story and want to post it on the Dreamin Demon, here’s a basic guide to help you do that.

First thing is to do a search to avoid duplicates. Do a search using the search function on the page (upper right hand side). Search for the name of the person the article is about, or try the place. Or try a web search by using “site:dreamindemon.com” then what you’re looking for. Basically you want to figure out if this is a new article.

You have a story…pick where to put it.

• “Make sure you are posting in the correct area of the forum. Every area has a description that lets you know what the appropriate content isSay your particular story fits best into the Crimes

• Against Children

• Go to that forum.

• Click on the “Post Thread” button

• Enter a title and…

Keep titles short, try not to mention a name.

• Titles: Within the title, do not treat accused or charged as guilty unless they are. Use Police: Hugh Chavez Raped Baby or Police Charge Hugh Chavez With Raping Baby. NOT Hugh Chavez Raped A Baby.

• Titles: Keep 'em brief as you can. (There is a character limit, ya know.)
Give some indication of the crime and if possible include the perpetrator's name (middle name/initial NOT necessary)

• Go browse the many, many threads we have. There are tons of good examples there. And don't be butthurt if a mod comes behind you and changes your title.

Next is the image. It’s preferred that you have an image…a good image can really sell the article.

Now the best way to add an image is to upload it to the Dreamin Demon web site. First you will need to download the image onto your computer or phone then click on Media…add media ….News Articles…Upload file, this step will open a browse box for you to select the downloaded image file (jpeg or png) once selected the file and double click it it’ll upload and show up on the page.

Next add a tag. This will help people search for that file in the future or simply help to avoid the dreaded Dupe! So when you tag use the same sort of thing you’d commonly search for. Name, place etc… something article specific.
Then click save. Now scroll to the button of the page and on the right hand side there will be a section that says “Copy image BB code”, copy that text in there.

That is what you’ll paste into the top of your article to enable the image to display properly.
If you cannot upload to the Dreamin Demon site these steps will be helpful:
https://dreamindemon.com/community/threads/images-how-what.64262/

Now for the body of you article
• Do NOT include entire news stories. That's copyrighted shit, y'all. (as in ILLEGAL to post the full thing) Hit the highlights, and clean up the garbage. (We don't want to read "Advertisement", redundant info, or other links in the middle of the story.) Anything taken directly from the original linked source needs to be identified as a quote. It's easy! Place QUOTE tags around the content.

• Alternative? Rewrite it all in your own words. Particularly useful when you've checked out multiple news sources.

• INCLUDE THE LINK TO THE NEWS SOURCE AT THE END OF YOUR POST! Otherwise, I will hunt you down and kick your knee caps up into your pelvic region.

• Bonus points for photos of the perp. Maybe even more for photos of the victim. Social Networking sites can be added if relevant/interesting/hilarious.

• Do not directly link images to other sites. If you have a mugshot, other pic, or graphic to use, upload it to an image hosting site such as TinyPic or Photobucket or Imgur. Any site that wants you to link an image will give you the URL/code to do it - otherwise it is considered bandwidth theft. Don't be a thief! More on images can be found HERE

• When posting an update, check for info that has already been posted by someone else. Only include the NEW info PLEASE (or a few simple lines of re-hash in long threads and the new stuff). A bit of the important info and the link is far better than just a link. Don't be lazy and just post it anyway. It annoys people. Just because it's from a different source does NOT mean it's new information.

Add a few more tags at the end and click post thread. Double check your work after it’s posted to be sure it’s what you want.

Got a question? Just ask! Admins/mods kill fewer people each year than you'd think. And keep those stories coming!
Post automatically merged:

Most of this has been pulled together from previously written items from the site. If there is anything you guys want more info.clarity on just let me know.

If there are typos I'm gonna blame someone else...not sure who yet, but not me :)

Last edited:
@ghosttruck, wait... You said do NOT put names in titles? Just making 100% sure because A) I have apparently been screwing this up consistently if so, and B) the very next example has a perp name listed in the title.

The old Dakota posting guidelines said to try to mention a name. No longer the case?

@ghosttruck, wait... You said do NOT put names in titles? Just making 100% sure because A) I have apparently been screwing this up consistently if so, and B) the very next example has a perp name listed in the title.

The old Dakota posting guidelines said to try to mention a name. No longer the case?
Rule of thumb for titles is no names unless that person is SUPER famous. "Joe Hernandez Kills Family With Axe" isn't so great because who the fuck is Joe Hernandez...we can find out in the article. Now "Anthony Wiener Kills Family With Axe", well there someone everyone knows about.

.Anthony Wiener Kills Family With Axe"
OMG when did that happen?
:D:D:D

I thought we were supposed to try a put the name in the title to make the search easier. ?

Also
. Do a search using the search function on the page (upper right hand side).
This depends on what type of device you are using.
I'm on a phone and it in a drop down located on the left side.

Back