• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A bank executive and his family were kidnapped at gunpoint and he was forced to steal cash from his own branch, according to the FBI.

Tanner Harris was bundled into his family car along with wife Abbey Harris and their baby before being driven to a SmartBank in Knoxville, Tennessee, where he is understood to be branch vice president.

At this point, he was ordered to withdraw an undisclosed amount of money from the bank as his family were held hostage, FBI agents said.
He was left at the bank while his wife and five-month-old son were taken to another location.

The trio were all released after he handed over the cash and they left physically unharmed, authorities revealed.

FBI spokeswoman Joyce McCants said the armed men hid the car keys, but the wife was able to find them and go for help.

The drama unfolded on Tuesday morning when the suspects burst into the family home carrying two handguns and one long-gun.

[...]

FBI agents say the suspects, two white males, are still at large. One is described as between 6ft 1in and 6ft 2ins with a thin build while the other is about 5ft 10ins with a stockier build.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...napped-gunpoint-forced-steal-cash-branch.html

The trio were all released after he handed over the cash and they left physically unharmed, authorities revealed.

Bullshit....not one of the bad guys pulled the wife's hair...gave her head a shake...put the gun in her mouth to make a point...Nope I don't believe it....too neat, too clean. I wonder what the guy that got caught is singing about.

Betcha dollars to donuts the suspect will appear on a list of recently terminated bank employees...and will be arrested soon...

Or the VP likes coke and whores a little too much and needed some cash lol

Is there ANY reason to believe the story? Surveillance footage perhaps?

This fucker robbed his own bank.

Two white males, one tall and skinny, one a bit shorter and heavier?

Aren't those the guys who tried to rob Kevin's house in "Home Alone"?

I'm gonna Have to Call Bullshit On this, Every Bank I know of has a dual combo System meaning not a single individual from Teller, to Teller Supervisor, Banker, Branch Manager, District Manager, Regional Manager etc. Has the entire combination to the Vault Door.

It works Like this: Vault doors are on Timers, if the vault door is closed there simply isnt a way to open it till the timer is off in the morning at an acceptable time, in which case 2 people at minimum arrive at the branch 1 person putting in the 1st half of the combination 2nd putting in the 2nd portion. Typically this leads you to the Safety Deposit boxes room where there will be another door in which will contain the banks reserves. Inside that room will be an additional safe that will contain the cash. This safe can have key or combo access not limited to both. In the same case it will require 2 people to open it.

So if this executive did in fact have access to the vault then into the safe, he was in violation with security protocol, the Vault door Timer was left off, and there was someone else in on it.

Otherwise the amount of cash he stole was $3k or less in most cases and your going to convince me a teller didn't happen to notice their money was gone? Something is seriously wrong with this story.

Well what if he ordered one or more of the tellers to hand him the money? Maybe at gunpoint? He would be well aware he would be getting bait cash, die packs, or both. This would trigger 2 - 3 silent Alarms by each individual teller not to mention the remote buttons in branch officers (Managers/Bankers) Pockets and Desks that would have been pressed. I guess we won't know till we find a detailed description of the events.

"The bank officer was ordered to go inside and retrieve cash while the gunmen held his wife, Abbey, and 5-month-old son hostage in the car.

“The robbers then departed the scene with the family of the bank employee, leaving the bank employee in the parking lot,” said Reinhold, who declined to specify how much money was stolen."

Source
Well I guess That Sums that Mystery up.... :/

“The robbers then departed the scene with the family of the bank employee, leaving the bank employee in the parking lot,” said Reinhold, who declined to specify how much money was stolen."
Source

It's still odd wording if you ask me, but it could just be the reporter's way of writing, who knows. Cause the word stolen would still be referring to the money that was taken from the bank employee after he withdrew not stolen directly from the bank but from the manager. Did that make any sense at all?

Back