• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) - A Hillsborough County man was arrested on animal abandonment charges after deputies tell News Channel 8 they found a dead horse in his backyard in a Riverview subdivision.

A second horse was taken away from the home and is doing well, according to a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.

Neighbors said they had not seen David Wayne Middleton, 60, at his home for weeks.
[....]
The small backyard, approximately 40 x 40 feet, had no water, food or shelter available for the horses, the sheriff's spokeswoman said in a press release.

Middleton's daughter went by the home Friday. She spoke to News Channel 8 but didn't want her identity mentioned on air.

"They were just sad. And Magic was old. He was an old horse. He was in his mid-20s," the woman said.

Magic is the horse that died.

The man's daughter said her dad has dementia and likely had no idea where he was keeping the horses.

"For him, he might have thought he was on a ranch," the woman said.

"Anyone who knows him, he's one of the biggest animal advocates. I get that quality from him. They know he would never abandon an animal or neglect or abuse. Ever."

The surviving horse was transported to a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office shelter where it is receiving medical care.

A video of the horse, named Levi, shows it enjoying grass in a field Friday afternoon.

Middleton is now charged with Aggravated Cruelty to Animals. Deputies say, Middleton, who has more than 10 years of experience with horses, failed to seek veterinarian advice or services resulting in the cruel death of the horse.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsboro...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Who keeps 2 big-ass horses in their small backyard??
I did for awhile as a kid/teen. I had two horses and the person we were renting a pasture from sold their property. Could not find a reasonably priced alternative nearby (I tended them daily and rode my bike there and back). So I put them in the back yard of our suburban house.

I did for awhile as a kid/teen. I had two horses and the person we were renting a pasture from sold their property. Could not find a reasonably priced alternative nearby (I tended them daily and rode my bike there and back). So I put them in the back yard of our suburban house.
Hopefully, not for any great length of time ..

Latest posts

Back