• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Arkansas family believes their babysitter physically abused their six-month-old son.

Their fear, now turning to frustration as authorities tell them charges likely won’t be filed.

After a difficult pregnancy, the Kilburn’s twins Kyndall and Ryder are the light of their lives. But life’s already been hard on little Ryder.

“His head keeps swelling,” explained dad Briar. “If it gets any bigger, he has to have a shunt put in to keep the drainage off of his brain.”

Ryder was hospitalized for a week in early February. What’s frightening, and frustrating, for parents Briar and Nadine is that they still don’t know what happened.

The Kilburns were at work on Feb. 3 when all of a sudden, their babysitter called to say Ryder was on his way to the hospital.

“She said he went limp on her,” Briar said.

A CAT scan showed Ryder suffered a skull fracture. Doctors didn’t believe it was an accident. The boy’s discharge diagnosis read “child physical abuse.”

“They said he was hit over the head multiple times with a flat object,” Briar explained. “He had shaken baby syndrome, bleeding on the brain, and bleeding behind his eyes.”

Child protective services and Benton Police both then stepped in.

After that, the Kilburns say their babysitter — a trusted family-friend — cut off all ties with them. Detectives allegedly told the family the babysitter wouldn’t cooperate with them either, and that as investigators, their hands were tied.

“How can you just let a person abuse a child and not bring them in for questioning?” Briar asked.

The two frustrated parents are now left to nurse their son back to health. Accident or not, all they want is an answer.

The Kilburns say they still don’t know the full extent of Ryder’s head trauma and what problems it could create in the future.

If criminal charges don’t come of this, the Kilburns are planning to file a civil suit.
http://kron4.com/2018/03/03/parents-accuse-babysitter-of-causing-babys-skull-fracture/
[doublepost=1520124431,1520124400][/doublepost]
babysitter-alleged-abuse.jpg

I’d be dragging that bitch by her hair to the police station. TELL THEM WHAT YOU DID

Dayum, There was a similar thread a few months back. "Trusted friend" babysitting, refuses to talk, not enough evidence for an arrest, etc.

Are we expected to think that that baby hit himself on the head with a flat instrument? How can people refuse to answer questions?

I am hoping in the end the babysitter makes a mistake and talks to someone. Hopefully in the long run she will be charged. So sad it was a trusted family friend. How awful she just cuts them out of her life when this happened. She can't face them. She knows she screwed up. I hope he recovers and does not lose his sight or suffer long term affects...but sadly I don't believe that to be the case here.

How can they refuse to answer questions when they seriously injure somebody else's child, ffs?:punch:

And to just cut off all communication isn't fishy as hell at ALL...:sarcasm:

Torrie Jones, 29, has been arrested after being accused of causing injury to a 6-month-old she was babysitting earlier this year.

Jones, was booked Wednesday morning on a charge of Battery, 1st Degree (felony).

Investigators believe Jones is responsible for blunt force trauma inflicted on Ryder Kilburn in early February.

When Briar and Nadine Kilburn were told in February that criminal charges would likely not be filed, they told us they would be filing a civil lawsuit. The case was still under investigation at that time.
http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/new...bysitter-behind-bars-in-abuse-case/1128795241
Baby%20injured%2004.18.18_1524077106217.PNG_40085839_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I just cannot understand why people hit babies. The most annoying thing that babies can do is cry and scream, why do people think that inflicting pain on them is going to make them cry less?

Back