• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
a1mpo8.jpg
Jessica Garcia​
The babysitter of a missing two-year-old girl found unharmed after Pasadena Police officials issue an Amber Alert is now facing felony charges of unlawful restraint of a child, officials report.

South Houston resident Jessica Denise Garcia, 29, was questioned and taken into custody Wednesday (Jan. 25).

According to police reports, the incident started when Garcia picked up two-year-old Melanie Mireles and her mother Tuesday morning and drove the mother to work at the Wal-Mart located at 1107 Shaver.

Garcia allegedly promised to return with the baby to pick the mother up after her shift at 2 p.m. But, Garciaallegedly didn’t show up. After calling friends and relatives and waiting several hours, the mother became increasing frantic and called Pasadena Police.

At 9:45 p.m., investigators issued an Amber Alert.

During search efforts, Garcia’s car was spotted stranded in a ditch by the mother’s boyfriend and his brother who were driving around looking for the pair.

Fortunately, the child was unharmed and was returned her to her mother, police said.

The babysitter was questioned and claimed that after dropping the mother off at work she had driven to Channelview with the child to visit a friend. She told police she allegedly forgot about picking up the mother until much later and then wrecked her car on the way back to Pasadena.
After further questioning the suspect, Pasadena Police arrested Garcia on felony charges of unlawful restraint of a child
[....]
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pasa...d-9af7-559f-924b-a1c6fbd74f4b.html?mode=story

The whole thing is questionable.
No one leaves their kid with anyone unless they trust them right? So she forgot to be there at the right time. Maybe she did wreck her car. I can't see putting your car in a ditch for any gain on an abduction.
At the end of the day a person trying to help a mother to go to work at WALMART is in jail on felony charges when the child was safe. I see no evidence of a abduction of any sort in this story. No good deed goes unpunished.

Her aunt made a fb for her when she went missing. This is her comment to the "why did the babysitter take her"

Melanie Mireles 2 yrs old from Pasadena tx They found her over there by food town on Shaver.. she was driving around with her in the truck .. n she was high on drugs.. n they still don't k.ow the reason why she took her

Jessica Salazar Well da female dog has been capture she is in jail .. had warrants

Yes so true.. thank god n den to top it off da weather she didn't have her sweater or nothing really..

Her aunt made a fb for her when she went missing. This is her comment to the "why did the babysitter take her"QUOTE]

Melanie Mireles 2 yrs old from Pasadena tx They found her over there by food town on Shaver.. she was driving around with her in the truck .. n she was high on drugs.. n they still don't k.ow the reason why she took her

Jessica Salazar Well da female dog has been capture she is in jail .. had warrants

Yes so true.. thank god n den to top it off da weather she didn't have her sweater or nothing Her aunt made a fb for her when she went missing. This is her comment to the "why did the babysitter take her"

Rockin Ma

Juror Retardologist

Yes so true.. thank god n den to top it off da weather she didn't have her sweater or nothing really..
really..

Do people think they sound really cool when they type like that? I just try to imagine how stupid they must look after reading how stupid they sound. As I stupidly put in the wrong quote....heeheehee!

Last edited:
[MENTION=1178]malq[/MENTION], what has her place of employment got to do with whether or not her child was kidnapped? A job is a job and at least she was working, when a lot of people are not working and some of them not working by choice.

And really, you have someone else's child with you and you forget to take her back to her mother? Not likely. As to whther or not the baby was kidnapped I can't say.

She might could pull off that she forgot the time and was late, and had an accident and blah, blah, blah, but to say she Absolutely FORGOT the baby's mom, I just don't believe her.

Last edited:
Unlawful restraint of a child? The child was restrained in the car as she should have been while driving, right? So, the unlawful part would be when she left the child restrained in the car while she hotfooted away? Or was she with the child and the car when they were found?

Unlawful restraint of a child? The child was restrained in the car as she should have been while driving, right? So, the unlawful part would be when she left the child restrained in the car while she hotfooted away? Or was she with the child and the car when they were found?
Unlawful restraint-like kidnapping. Keeping someone against their will.

A babysitter involved in an Amber Alert case last week has been charged with unlawful restraint.
Jessica Garcia, 29, was being held in the Harris County Jail Tuesday on $15,000 bond.
According to police, she took 2-year-old Melanie Mireles without her parents’ permission on January 25, 2012, and was gone with the child overnight.
An Amber Alert was issued, and police found the pair the next day. Mireles was not harmed.
http://www.khou.com/news/neighborho...er-charged-in-Amber-Alert-case-138428259.html

[MENTION=1178]malq[/MENTION], what has her place of employment got to do with whether or not her child was kidnapped? A job is a job and at least she was working, when a lot of people are not working and some of them not working by choice.

And really, you have someone else's child with you and you forget to take her back to her mother? Not likely. As to whther or not the baby was kidnapped I can't say.

She might could pull off that she forgot the time and was late, and had an accident and blah, blah, blah, but to say she Absolutely FORGOT the baby's mom, I just don't believe her.
Walmart has everything to do with it. It tells me she is a single mom with a boyfriend who probably doesn't work because he has time to drive around looking for the babysitter. It also tells me she is probably white, renting from a section 8 housing, and on some kind of assistance from the taxpayers. After her 3 hour shift the babysitter was dealing with her wrecked car and probably checking her mail to see if her welfare check had arrived yet. WHOOPS! Look at the time, I need to bring this baby back to Mamma, but alas momma found her first and she got a felony charge. Truly a Shitty day for this poor woman.

Still doesn't have a thing with that woman keeping her baby overnight without permission.

[MENTION=1178]malq[/MENTION], you are totally hilarious. Just because you think she's white trash doesn't mean she's a bad mother, at least she's working and at least she started looking for the baby in the same week she went missing, instead of waiting til she needed a baby to show to the welfare lady.

Still doesn't have a thing with that woman keeping her baby overnight without permission.

[MENTION=1178]malq[/MENTION], you are totally hilarious. Just because you think she's white trash doesn't mean she's a bad mother, at least she's working and at least she started looking for the baby in the same week she went missing, instead of waiting til she needed a baby to show to the welfare lady.
That's true, good point! She would have to have the baby to get her check. It makes sense now why she went looking for her now that you point it out..

The family facebooks say she was high and had warrants. I found an offender in the system with a DOB of 9-18-81 and eligible for parole in 2010 but physically incarcerated right now. Possible there was a violation warrant out for her and that's her in the jail system.

Not her, but I did find her.

SUMMARY
CASE DETAILS
File Date 1/25/2012
Case (Cause) Status Active - CRIMINAL
Offense UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT CHILD
Last Instrument Filed Complaint
Case Disposition
Case Completion Date N/A
Defendant Status JAIL
Bond Amount $25,000.00
Next/Last Setting Date 2/10/2012
DEFENDANT DETAILS
Race/Sex WHITE / FEMALE
Eyes BROWN
Skin
In Custody Y (Locate)
Height/Weight 5'02 / 170 LBS
Hair BROWN
DOB 1/17/1983
Address 801 ALLEN GENOA #53 SOUTH HOUS TX
COURT DETAILS
Court 232nd
Address 1201 Franklin (Floor: 16)
Houston, TX 77002
Phone:7137556778
JudgeName Mary Lou Keel
Court Type Criminal

Walmart has everything to do with it. It tells me she is a single mom with a boyfriend who probably doesn't work because he has time to drive around looking for the babysitter. It also tells me she is probably white, renting from a section 8 housing, and on some kind of assistance from the taxpayers. After her 3 hour shift the babysitter was dealing with her wrecked car and probably checking her mail to see if her welfare check had arrived yet. WHOOPS! Look at the time, I need to bring this baby back to Mamma, but alas momma found her first and she got a felony charge. Truly a Shitty day for this poor woman.

Have to say, Malq is probably pretty accurate in his description of the mother. She obviously didn't have enough sense to leave her with a responsible, sober babysitter so I don't have a lot of sympathy for her. However I should add, if my child was missing my hubby (who works full time) would leave his job to try to find her.

Back