• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
When two Fishers residents asked their child care provider about the marks on their little girl's face, she told them the toddler fell off the couch and hit her face on a toy.

But police say what they saw on security camera footage was a far cry from an accidental tumble.

Fishers police arrested 27-year-old Shannon E. Gillen Friday morning on multiple charges, including neglect of a dependent and battery resulting in bodily injury, stemming from "abusive behavior" toward the little girl that was captured on camera. Much of this behavior happened in the presence of Gillen's own toddler, according to police.

Police say the 15-month-old's parents contacted authorities on Jan. 21. The girl's parents said Gillen had been babysitting the toddler regularly since last September and that the girl had started walking about two weeks before the incidents took place. They decided to review footage from their security camera after they were dissatisfied with Gillen's explanation for the toddler's bruising, according to court documents.

In a probable cause affidavit detailing the investigation, police describe the following events as captured on the recording from the toddler's room.

Around 10:36 a.m., Gillen picks the girl up from her crib and places her on a changing table before becoming visibly agitated over the girl's full diaper, according to court documents. She removes the girl's clothing to change her.

"The accused then places both of her hands on the left and right sides of P.W.'s head (respectively) appearing to dig her nails into P.W.'s scalp," court documents state.

The child begins crying and screaming, according to court documents, and Gillen slaps her left leg. Gillen aggressively pulls the girl's legs up toward her chest as she's cleaning her and leaves her alone on the table — nearly 3 feet off the ground — for more than a minute, according to court documents.

Gillen returns to the room and again becomes aggressive toward the girl, police say.

"If you scream at me again, I will chuck you in the snow," she says, according to court documents.

After getting the girl changed, Gillen and the children leave the room for about a minute and a half before returning to play with kitchen toys. At one point, she smacks the little girl in the torso with a toy frying pan and the child begins crying, according to court documents.

Gillen then attempts to dress the girl, who continues crying loudly. Gillen stands the girl up three times, but she falls each time. On the third time, Gillen covers the girl's mouth and nose with her left hand, according to court documents.

"The accused pulls P.W. in closer to her stomach and then places both of her hands over P.W.'s mouth and nose area for approximately three seconds," court documents state.

Police say the girl stopped crying while Gillen's hands were over her face and mouth.

"P.W. can be heard letting out a short cry before the accused throws her on her back onto the ground," court documents state.

Gillen is charged with battery resulting in bodily injury, neglect of a dependent resulting in bodily injury, strangulation, battery on a person less than 14 years old and neglect of a dependent.
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...sted-after-parents-notice-bruises/1070238001/

Fishers police arrested 27-year-old Shannon E. Gillen Friday morning on multiple charges, including neglect of a dependent and battery resulting in bodily injury, stemming from "abusive behavior" toward the little girl that was captured on camera. Much of this behavior happened in the presence of Gillen's own toddler, according to police.

This. THIS is why cameras are useful. Bitch caught bang to rights. Lock her away from society.

I’m amazed the parents didn’t attack her after reviewing that video.

Seconded. They'd've been within their rights to kill her and claim rage.

I don't usually comment, but for some reason this one made me insane imagining what this little girl was going through and ho w scared she must have been... No way I would be able to walk away from this situation without knocking this bitch out. I know not everyone has the luxury but i thank god every day I have never had to leave my children with a babysitter besides close family.... Maybe DD's done it to me over the years but I don't trust anyone with my babies....

I'm glad you can do that. My son and his family live with me. My d-i-l stays home with my grandkids, and I definitely prefer it that way. You really can't trust anyone.

Exactly. And I've always felt that way even having my son and 1st baby at 19 I knew I was never leaving him with strangers. My youngest daughter will be 3 in June and truly is the spawn of satan type of child. She cries and screams constantly and hates pretty much everyone. Exactly the type of kid someone would lose their patience with and beat the shit out of which is why she only stays with myself and my husband. If I want to choke her sometimes and she's 1 of 3 little pieces that make up my whole ❤, then theres no way I'm leaving her at the hands of anyone besides the 2 people who brought her into this world, and have just enough patience left to tolerate her crazy little ass!!! Thank god everyday thats an option for me cuz I don't know what I would do if it wasn't!

Back