• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ImmortalOne

Trusted Member
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/st...tegory=FRONTPG&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=6/11/2008

asinello was baby-sitting then-1-year-old Christian Cail in October when she dipped his feet in hot bath water, inflicting second- and third-degree burns. The child underwent a skin graft operation and his parents are still treating his scars.

Christian's father, Dillon Cail, 24, said it was hard to believe at first that Pasinello would hurt the child on purpose.

"She was my wife's best friend since they were 11," Cail said.

Initially, Dillon and Becket Cail said they didn't want Pasinello to go to jail because she has two children of her own, Assistant District Attorney Lyn Murphy said.

But the Cails' feelings toward their former baby sitter have changed. Dillon Cail said Pasinello promised to help his family pay Christian's medical bills, but has yet to give them any money.

"She hasn't shown me she's sorry, but there's no point in holding ill feelings toward her. I'm fortunate my son is alive, he's happy, he's smiling," Cail said. "I know he has a good baby sitter now, my wife's mother."

The Cails didn't have health insurance when Christian was hurt and have faced $70,000 in medical bills. Cail said friends, relatives and total strangers have held fundraisers and given him $15,000. He is also waiting to hear from the state Crime Victims Board, which provides money to crime victims. Cail said he is thankful to everyone who helped his son and wants people to know Christian still wears special socks to help minimize scarring, but he can swim and play like any normal boy. His treatment will be finished in six months, Cail said.

Why? Did she say why the fuck she would do this? I really think sometimes it is just curiousity and meanness. Like an experiment. Cause I can't see any other reason that you would heat water, make sure it was nice and toasty, pick up the baby, walk into the bathroom, dip them in, then calmly sit there and observe the effects. Did you see how many steps that was? It took me a minute to type it out. Can you imagine actually going through the steps? I have been furious with my kids. I actually had such bad post partum depression with my 3rd that I had to have my mom take my microwave out of my house and my sister stay with me all day until my husband got home from work, because I was going to kill that kid. Seriously. But I never went through with it. I just don't understand.

(the microwave thing is because I had read the China Arnold case where she microwaved her baby, & I caught myself staring at my microwave everytime he screamed, horrible but true.)

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

And they originally didn't want to do anything because she has 2 kids of her own? Get the fuck out of here. That would be more than enough reason for me to have her ass locked up. To save other kids from the horror that she put that poor sweet baby through.

I squeal when my bath water is too hot. I can't imagine the pain that that poor child had to endure at the hands of a POS babysitter. They should stick her ass in a tub of boiling water and see how she fucking likes it.

Did you all see the picture of him in bandages on his feet and stuff? That was heartbreaking.

And it was a family friend... one that had been around for years!

Back