• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A trial date was set Tuesday for a child sexual abuse case in Cabell County.

Matthew Wilks, 24, of Lesage, will go to trial May 2.

He faces 70 counts of sexual abuse/sexual assault and sexual abuse by a parent or guardian.

Detectives say the suspect abused four young boys between the ages of 6 and 12.

According to court documents, young victims told investigators Wilks sexually abused them while he was babysitting them. The children then told their parents about the alleged abuse.

It amazes me parents turn these fucks in.. if it were my kids they would quietly disappear.. and yes it may involve a rented or borrowed wood chipper.. if caught I’d take my chances with a jury and if needed proudly serve my time.. my kids would know without a doubt they were safe from the sick fuck

Dec 7, 2019
A Lesage man convicted of sexually assaulting four young boys on dozens of occasions will spend decades in prison after pleading guilty to the crime.
Matthew Allen Wilks, 25, previously pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual abuse by a person in position of trust and was sentenced by Cabell Circuit Judge Christopher D. Chiles to serve 20 to 40 years in prison, with 50 years of post-incarceration supervised release after his release.

Two of the counts, which call for a sentence of 10 to 20 years’ imprisonment each, will run consecutively, with the remaining two running concurrent to the other two charges.

Wilks was originally jailed in April 2017 and later indicted by a Cabell County grand jury on 70 charges, including 35 counts of sexual abuse by a person in position of trust, 27 counts of first-degree sexual assault and eight counts of first-degree sexual abuse.

Wilks returned to court Thursday seeking reconsideration of his sentencing, which Chiles denied.

Chiles said he got a “heck of a deal” by just being allowed to plead to the four counts, when he had been charged with 70.

“(I) see absolutely no basis to reconsider this sentencing at all,” he said.

Wilks declined to speak at the hearing and did not apologize. His attorney, Ray Nolan, said Wilks had a limited criminal history prior to his arrest in this case in asking for leniency.

Assistant prosecutor Lauren Plymale said the victims and their families were too traumatized by the incidents to attend the hearing to give victim impact statements.

Wilks was arrested April 11, 2017, after an investigation by the Cabell County Sheriff’s Office accused him of sexually assaulting two boys under 12 years old over an 11-month period at a residence in Ona.

The first two victims told their mother Wilks called the abuse a “game” and would offer candy for them to perform sex acts on him, and vice versa, reports state. Complaints state the abuse happened on at least eight occasions.

He was scheduled to undergo a polygraph test, but when he did not appear, Cabell County sheriff’s deputies issued a warrant for his arrest.

After his arrest, Cabell County sheriff’s deputies interviewed two additional boys who made the same accusations.

Last edited:
Just a thought but if the victims families were low income they might not have had much of a choice in babysitters. He may just have been the closet neighbor, or maybe he did it for free. Lot of time in projects, etc. watching each other's kids is just a part of life.

Back