• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Ducky

A four-month-old infant died in hospital Wednesday night after being run over by a vehicle, according to Longueuil police.

3C6AED30-1823-4711-9E8F-64D479F0B9E8.jpeg

The incident occurred at 11:25 p.m. at Ciné-Parc Boucherville, a drive-in movie theatre on Montreal’s south shore.

According to police, the child was in a baby tent that was placed on the ground behind the parents’ vehicle while they were packing up their car.

The car parked next to them then reportedly backed up and rolled over the infant while driving in reverse.

The infant was rushed to hospital, where police say she succumbed to her injuries.

E1EE1F67-51BF-44B2-9BBB-1F15919B6CF7.jpeg

- Pick the baby up from the ground and put them in that nice big shiny box with wheels so all the other shiny boxes w/wheels don’t run over said BABY!! I know it was an accident but I feel like the parents should still be charged. Negligence? Also as a driver... I’d damn well know if their was a baby in a tent near my car that I was about reverse. Just saying...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5711733/...n-over-at-boucherville-outdoor-movie-theater/

Ducky Returns :cat:

Last edited:
It was dumb, but I still feel sorry for them. I'm sure that was the last thing they imagined would happen( again, it was dumb). I just can't count the amount of dumb shit I have done and then later couldn't believe I could be that dumb. This is going to play in their heads like a bad movie for the rest of their lives.

Tragically stupid.

It's a drive in movie theater. Cars drive there. It's dark. The parents started packing up their stuff. When I pack up, I start putting the most important stuff away first.. I wonder what they had that was more important than a 4 month old baby.
Why would they not of buckled the child in and packed up? I would not put my dog down in the dark at a drive thru - wtf a baby.. the people next to them may never have exited their vehicle and in the dark the baby tent was in a blind spot @Ducky .. the damn tent had to be pretty far away from parents vehicle to get run over and not take out adults packing and/or damage parents vehicle .. so many WTFs and wtf is a baby tent?

I don't get it. Put the baby in the car and then pack. I swear some people were hiding under a table when common sense was being handed out. Even though they lost their baby, the parents should be charged with negligence or something.

These scare me so bad. I mean, if a car hits a small child or infant is there anything left to take to the hospital? I dunno I read these and ...you run to your child even if you know there’s no hope. I can’t imagine what memory you’d be left with. I’m clumsy but make sure to ‘orbit’ my kids in parking lots. I had a game where I told my daughter to keep her hand on a specific part of our car (off to the side away from moving vehicles). If she kept it there while I loaded up the car, I’d give a candy

I've done that, told her to stand with her hand on the car, but right now the car is so hot I've telling her to hold on to my pants leg or shirt until I can gather up all the other crap you have to carry around when you've got a small child with you.

And like all the rest of you I can't figure out WHY they didn't pack up the baby first, safe int he car and then you don't have to keep looking over to make sure the baby is safe while you pack up stuff.

And, also, if I am correct, they were at a drive in movie? Why the fuck were they even out of the car at all? I know I'm old and all but we used to go to the drive in often and we never got out of the car except to go to the snack bar for crappy hot dogs.

Oh, we always got out of the car with lawn chairs, blankets, coolers, etc. That's one of the appealing aspects of drive-ins.

Back