• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A heartbreaking video shows the tiny baby, distressed and miserable, as she lay helplessly twitching and jerking in her mother’s arms.

Four-week old baby Gabriella cries out in pain with each spasm while her mother softly coos, “Shhhh, baby it’s okay.”

After being violently shaken, her tiny brain was torn and bleeding. The twitching due to terrible seizures. The high-pitched crying each time she jerked was from the pain of the swelling in her neck muscles and ligaments and hemorrhaging along her spinal cord.

Tiny Gabby suffered permanent, traumatic brain injury. Now paralyzed and blind, she remains in foster care.

Her father, Andrew Fitton, 22, of Orillia, is accused of shaking the baby with such force that it caused her brain to slam against the skull while caring for her December 26, 2016.

During the trial that unfolded in a Barrie court this week, the room went silent as the troubling video was played.

There is no question in this trial that the baby was assaulted — the question is by whom.

The Crown contends Fitton was the only person alone with the baby before the symptoms began. But Mike Flossman is not suggesting Fitton is some devious baby-beating criminal.

“This is not someone who is malicious or vindictive,” Flossman said. “This was an overwhelmed, inexperienced father — a young man who was in over his head. He was left in a lurch. He was at his wit’s end — and he lost it.”

It’s a tragedy born of “children, having children,” Flossman added.

Defence lawyer Charles Manners suggested it could have been the mother who hurt her baby — she was equally overwhelmed with parenthood.

Justice Joseph Di Luca is expected to deliver his verdict later this month.

On the witness stand, teenaged Mom, Kendra Antonia, now 20, broke down weeping as she watched her baby, swaddled in a pink flowered sleeper, helplessly and pitifully crying.

For some reason, Antonia became upset, had one of her not uncommon “panic attacks,” and left, leaving Fitton to take care of their baby. The next night, she went out drinking with a girlfriend.

Antonia had her emotional “challenges” and was overwhelmed with being a teen mom court heard.

“The best thing about being a parent is you’re a walking, broke, zombie,” she texted Fitton.

Fitton texted back, “You just had two nights off,” and complained “I got no sleep I’m tired as f-ck.”

On Dec. 27th, 2016, Fitton brought the baby back to Antonia’s apartment, then sat down to play video games. Antonia noticed the baby was pale and cold and her breathing was shallow.

“I picked her up and she started screaming and twitching,” she recalled.

Worried, she got her mother to take a video with her cellphone so she could show the doctor. Her mother told her everything would be okay.

So, Antonia packed the baby in her car seat and went off to Walmart for some “retail therapy.” Her friend noticed the baby twitching and insisted something was very wrong, so Antonia called Telehealth Ontario.

“Next thing I knew I was surrounded by ten paramedics,” Antonia said.

Last edited:
Is the ever popular anxiety attack couples with got to go out to drink with friends to get through it. F*** that b**** sideways with a crowbar
I have PTSD & Anxiety - managed with having 4 kids .. loosing one .. 2 associates degrees & 2 bachelor degrees .. and nursing .. very seldom did I / do I need mommy time (it’s in my bedroom for a time-out) and if I drink - they’re gone for the weekend or no more than two glasses of wine when everyone is home for the night (they may need me) it’s self entitled bullshit - please give them to someone who wants them and their needs to grow and be met ..

Rip where there's no more pain sweety.

I had my first at 20yrs old and she was 17 when she became a mom. There was a difference. Most of my older friends had babies, toddlers and at 17 I was everyone's babysitter. My daughter had friends who were pregnant while she was pregnant.. she had no experience taking care of babies. My mom and I helped her a lot because we didn't want her to become frustrated. As the older parent you should kinda know your child well enough to know if they can handle a baby.. if they could become frustrated and might hurt their baby. These kids should have had more support.

NO excuse is acceptable for murder.
"Those kids" had nearly 10 months to grow the hell up and take parenting classes for first time parents.

I'm betting said classes were readily available to her through her high school or community college.

She could have asked to be assigned a social worker, or even joined a support group of other first time moms...and asked for mentoring/assistance/support from more experienced moms.

These "kids" as you want to call them simply didn't want to grow up. He wanted to play video games; she wanted to drink and party and shop. Parenting didn't fit in with their perpetual adolescent lifestyle.

Baby Gabby was little more than an inconvenience to them both.

NO excuse is acceptable for murder.
"Those kids" had nearly 10 months to grow the hell up and take parenting classes for first time parents.

I'm betting said classes were readily available to her through her high school or community college.

She could have asked to be assigned a social worker, or even joined a support group of other first time moms...and asked for mentoring/assistance/support from more experienced moms.

These "kids" as you want to call them simply didn't want to grow up. He wanted to play video games; she wanted to drink and party and shop. Parenting didn't fit in with their perpetual adolescent lifestyle.

Baby Gabby was little more than an inconvenience to them both.
They didn't want to grow up so let's leave a baby alone in their care until one of them kills her. It isn't excusing these two, but nobody noticed the mother taking off and the father was growing more frustrated?

Back