• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Misskittychaos

Trusted Member
Here's my first go at this, be gentle..BTW this happened BLOCKS from my house.

Baby boy left unattended found dead in Lynnwood
A baby boy who was left unattended Monday was found dead in a Lynnwood parking lot, and police are interviewing the boy's mother.

Officers were called to the 18600 block of 60th Avenue West after the boy, believed to be about 1-year-old, was found unresponsive in his mother's car.

He had been left in her car since Monday morning, officers said.

"She works here at the assisted living home," Lynnwood police spokeswoman Shannon Sessions said about 4:20 p.m. "She's being interviewed right now."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/165816.asp

Another article about it.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_040609WAB-baby-dead-in-car-TP.acbd51c7.html?rssBaby left in car found dead

06:05 PM PDT on Monday, April 6, 2009

KING5.com Staff

LYNNWOOD, Wash. – A 1-year-old boy is dead after his mother allegedly left him in a car all day.

Lynnwood police spokesperson Shannon Sessions says it happened outside Sunrise Assisted Living Facility where the mother works.

Related Content
KING 5 North Bureau
The boy was left in the car from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. When he was found unconscious, someone called 911. Paramedics arrived, but the baby had died.

The mother is being questioned, but police can't say why she decided to leave the baby in the car.

The father and other family members also arrived at the scene.

It’s not immediately clear if any charges will be filed.

Another article about it.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_040609WAB-baby-dead-in-car-TP.acbd51c7.html?rssBaby left in car found dead

06:05 PM PDT on Monday, April 6, 2009

KING5.com Staff

LYNNWOOD, Wash. – A 1-year-old boy is dead after his mother allegedly left him in a car all day.

Lynnwood police spokesperson Shannon Sessions says it happened outside Sunrise Assisted Living Facility where the mother works.

Related Content
KING 5 North Bureau
The boy was left in the car from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. When he was found unconscious, someone called 911. Paramedics arrived, but the baby had died.

The mother is being questioned, but police can't say why she decided to leave the baby in the car.

The father and other family members also arrived at the scene.

It’s not immediately clear if any charges will be filed.

How can they not know if charges will be filed? It's a clear cut case of homcidal neglect. The poilce won't say why she left the baby in the car. Why? Is there a justifiable reason to leave a baby in a car for 7 hours that I'm not aware of?

How can they not know if charges will be filed? It's a clear cut case of homcidal neglect. The poilce won't say why she left the baby in the car. Why? Is there a justifiable reason to leave a baby in a car for 7 hours that I'm not aware of?

Exactly. I hate when they say that. We all know there will be charges brought (there better be). And there is no justifiable reason for leaving a baby in a car for five minutes let alone 7 hours!!

Poor sweet little guy, Rest in peace...........

I wouldn't leave my baby in a car for 5 mins. So WTF would anyone leave there baby in a car for 7 hrs? There is no reason and charges should be filed no question. I just don't understand leaving your baby in a car like that and never will.

I'm sorry little sweet precious baby that your life ended so suddenly & so soon may you RIP.

That wording is really odd. It sounds so matter-a-fact, so casual. Like, yeah, she left the baby, not sure why yet, and oopsie, baby died, imagine that.....wtf-ever.

I want to hear her sorry ass explanation, and if she claims the "oh, I forgot, I was so damn busy", bullshit excuse. 7 hrs. at an assisted home job....nope. Not going to fly. She better think about this one long and good. There are no do overs in this one.

Rest in peace little one.

'm with you Silvahalo....the wording is really off. Makes you wonder doesn't it? Also the irony of this situation astounds me. Her work enviroment is focused on caring for people yet her own child, a one year old, is left totally uncared for for hours on end. Uncared for to death in fact. It boggles the mind. How can there possibly be an explanation for this? God help us all.

I'm wondering why other family members who arrived onscene didn't punch her in the face? Why are we not reading about that altercation? A CHILD IS DEAD!!!!!!!!

"On Monday night, the baby's mother was arrested and booked into jail for investigation of second-degree manslaughter and then later released pender further investigation.

An autopsy will be performed Tuesday to determine cause of the child's death. The Snohomish County prosecutor will then decide whether the child's mother will be charged.

At least 20 family members came to the scene before the child was taken by the Snohomish County medical examiner."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19110666/detail.html

In the comments on some of the other articles I skimmed through said the parents had myspaces with some interesting content, if anyone want to help look, I suck apparently.

Last edited:
Found the Obit.

On Monday, April 6, 2009 our beloved precious little angel Joshua Michael Delacruz left our loving arms and was received into the loving arms of our loving Father Jesus Christ. Our little Joshie was loved so much; he brought so much joy to everyone who knew him. Although Joshie was only with us for a short time he will always be in our hearts. His smile of sunshine will never be forgotten.

He is survived by his parents, Alex and Sofia; sister, Alysa; paternal grandparents, Christina and Alex Ibarra; grandfather, Michael Delacruz; maternal grandmother, Lucy Guzman; great-grandparents, Martha and Julio Castillo and Yolanda Felix and Tim Garcia; great-grandmothers, Conceptcion Reyna, Janie Felix and Roberta Garcia; aunts, Cassandra, Alicia, Jennifer and Marina; uncles, Mark, Adrian and Nicolas; numerous great-aunts, great-uncles and cousins.

He was preceded in death by great-great-grandparents; cousin, Michelle; uncles, David Carrasco and David Felix.

Viewing will be held Thursday, April 9, 2009 9:00am until 7:00pm at Hawthorne Funeral Home in Mount Vernon.

A Funeral Service will be held Friday, April 10, 2009, 11:00am at Mount Vernon Church of the Nazarene 2710 E. Fir St. in Mount Vernon with burial to follow at Hawthorne Memorial Park.

Donations can be made to any US Bank in care of Geneva Olivarez.
Please share your thoughts of Joshie and sign the online guest register at www.hawthornefh.com.

Arrangements are under the care of Hawthorne Funeral Home and Memorial Park, 1825 E. College Way, Mount Vernon.

http://www.legacy.com/skagitvalleyherald/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=125861468

There's a picture if Silva wants to work her magic?

The 21-year-old mother told police she left the boy in the vehicle at 7 a.m. About seven hours later, at 2 p.m., she came out to check on the child and found him unresponsive.

I didn't read this part before. So she intentionally left her baby in the car. Sounds like she didn't have a sitter so she leaves baby in a hot car. The weather that day was said to be sunny and unusually warm, even hot.....why not call in sick?? And wtf? she goes to check on him after 7 hours??? Even if if wasn't hot, he would need to eat, diaper change, etc....7hrs. unattended...how could she fathom doing this? I cannot understand a mother who could think this is O.K. to do.

Interesting how 20 family members showed up but no one was available to watch the baby for her? I don't buy it. She either didn't care and intentionally meant to bring grave harm to her baby or she's a complete idiot. I think both. If you watch the video she's seems distraught, crying. Really, there has to be something wrong with her. To seemingly be grieving over an incident she herself caused willingly. I just don't get it...WHY??

Joshua Michael Delacruz was left to die alone. A needless death caused by his own mother. I want answers. This infuriates me to no end.

So sorry baby Joshua...you were left to die alone..."His smile of sunshine will never be forgotten"...but he was forgotten...
352583.jpg
m_feb505cdf4f73694d375d5f884cd2362.jpg
m_72ece3ed6af579b9442b0b2fe20c7e21.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't read this part before. So she intentionally left her baby in the car. Sounds like she didn't have a sitter so she leaves baby in a hot car. The weather that day was said to be sunny and unusually warm, even hot.....why not call in sick?? And wtf? she goes to check on him after 7 hours??? Even if if wasn't hot, he would need to eat, diaper change, etc....7hrs. unattended...how could she fathom doing this? I cannot understand a mother who could think this is O.K. to do.

Interesting how 20 family members showed up but no one was available to watch the baby for her? I don't buy it. She either didn't care and intentionally meant to bring grave harm to her baby or she's a complete idiot. I think both. If you watch the video she's seems distraught, crying. Really, there has to be something wrong with her. To seemingly be grieving over an incident she herself caused willingly. I just don't get it...WHY??
Joshua Michael Delacruz was left to die alone. A needless death caused by his own mother. I want answers. This infuriates me to no end.

So sorry baby Joshua...you were left to die alone..."His smile of sunshine will never be forgotten"...but he was forgotten...
352583.jpg
m_feb505cdf4f73694d375d5f884cd2362.jpg

ITFA!!!

Silva- Will you be my OLBF??? I really heart you!

You know, I can see being in a desperate bind of being wholly without child care, other resources to call on, but needing to show up to work to keep your job. I can feel for it, and I'm grateful I've never been near such a terrible situation. But 20 family members show up to the scene?! It doesn't seem like this was a girl in a dire situation with no where else to turn. That seems like an extended network of people whom you might turn to at a desperate hour before you go leaving your toddler in a car all day while you work. Crazy.

You know, I can see being in a desperate bind of being wholly without child care, other resources to call on, but needing to show up to work to keep your job. I can feel for it, and I'm grateful I've never been near such a terrible situation. But 20 family members show up to the scene?! It doesn't seem like this was a girl in a dire situation with no where else to turn. That seems like an extended network of people whom you might turn to at a desperate hour before you go leaving your toddler in a car all day while you work. Crazy.

Nope. I can't see that. Lose your job, not your child.

Absolutely agree, I feel for single mother's who find themselves in this type of situation...I've always said, I just don't know how I'd handle things, but no way in hell I'd be leaving my child unattended in a sweltering car all damn day. This mother, I don't believe it for a minute....none, zero, zip. She must be mentally challenged or a complete fuckn' idiot. No way, no how anyone in their right mind could see this as an acceptable solution....CRAZY is right.

Unless a very damn good reason comes up, I do not feel for her at all. She brought death to her child....her life. Now she can just reap it.
The Lynnwood Police Department briefly detained the woman, and booked her on investigation of 2nd degree manslaughter. She was released from jail yesterday.
I wonder if she will be charged at all. Seems unfair that she wouldn't at the very least be charged with gross neglect. To me this is murder, 2nd degree maybe, but murder. She knowingly left her child in the car and willfully did not check on him for 7 fuckn' hours....go to hell woman.

Last edited:
Back