• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
This has been a week of many sad goodbyes.
Is anyone on this forum an attorney or judge? Could someone possibly explain the legal rationale behind the pathetic sentences in regards to those that assault and and murder children.
Seriously? It seems like a no brainer-everyone hates these heinous crimes (even those who do it, bc they refuse to admit they do) So why the light to almost non existent sentences. You’d think any judge or representative would want to come down hard.
Why then after another especially gruesome death do we have some legislator having to introduce another, Insert Child’s Name Law. Why are they even needed? We don’t have a million laws named after every adult assaulted, raped, murdered. Why aren’t our existing laws enough? WHY DONT CHILDREN MATTER?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Why are the sentences so inconsistent-one gets life for abuse another gets probation for murder. My favorite headline:
Baby Tortured-Abuser Gets Up To 30 Years!!!(1-30 years, 25 years suspended, 2 years credit for time served, 2 years home monitored, 6 months outpatient care)
WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY

This has been a week of many sad goodbyes.
Is anyone on this forum an attorney or judge? Could someone possibly explain the legal rationale behind the pathetic sentences in regards to those that assault and and murder children.
Seriously? It seems like a no brainer-everyone hates these heinous crimes (even those who do it, bc they refuse to admit they do) So why the light to almost non existent sentences. You’d think any judge or representative would want to come down hard.
Why then after another especially gruesome death do we have some legislator having to introduce another, Insert Child’s Name Law. Why are they even needed? We don’t have a million laws named after every adult assaulted, raped, murdered. Why aren’t our existing laws enough? WHY DONT CHILDREN MATTER?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Why are the sentences so inconsistent-one gets life for abuse another gets probation for murder. My favorite headline:
Baby Tortured-Abuser Gets Up To 30 Years!!!(1-30 years, 25 years suspended, 2 years credit for time served, 2 years home monitored, 6 months outpatient care)
WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY
Maybe this explanation is too simple, but here goes. In a society where the pre-born child is slaughtered by tens of millions legally through abortion, can the newborn really mean that much? Might has always meant right in America. So, according to American society then, babies are never considered much more than viable products of conception. Less than human. Maybe? It's really sick shit.

- Clearcreek Township Police are investigating the death of a 2-month-old baby.

Police say the CT scan they received on the child was “suspicious”.

Police would not elaborate any further on any injuries to the child.

Meanwhile, a Warren County family tells us the child who died is 2-month-old Cayden Colwell. His aunt confirms he died this afternoon at Cincinnati Children’s.

They claim he suffered from shaken baby syndrome, but police have not confirmed that information.

Cayden’s aunt tells us the incident allegedly happened on Thursday. He was taken to Atrium Medical Center, then to Cincinnati Children’s.

Cayden was taken off of life support on Sunday night at Cincinnati Children’s.

Maybe this explanation is too simple, but here goes. In a society where the pre-born child is slaughtered by tens of millions legally through abortion, can the newborn really mean that much? Might has always meant right in America. So, according to American society then, babies are never considered much more than viable products of conception. Less than human. Maybe? It's really sick shit.
Gotta say that’s not even close to what I was thinking. Pretty much the opposite. And without getting into an abortion debate I am going to state that I find it appalling the amount of effort, lobbying, and money spent opposing abortion when the very same people don’t lift a finger to help the masses of needy children already here. Not only don’t they help-they out right oppose programs meant to help them.
So yeah I’m going to take a pass on your explanation.

Gotta say that’s not even close to what I was thinking. Pretty much the opposite. And without getting into an abortion debate I am going to state that I find it appalling the amount of effort, lobbying, and money spent opposing abortion when the very same people don’t lift a finger to help the masses of needy children already here. Not only don’t they help-they out right oppose programs meant to help them.
So yeah I’m going to take a pass on your explanation.
You have unwittingly agreed with me. ALL children are seen as worthless in this society from conception until they are strong enough to fight back. That is my point, I just started when a child is in the womb, and it ain't no chicken in there, to answer the plea of why children are abused. I hate both the left and the rights position on abortion in this country. Care for all children from conception and after birth. This society has never valued children especially children of the poor and immigrant, e.g., WASP midwives during the 19th century were encouraged to smother babies of certain members of certain undesirable ethnic backgrounds. It's easy to snuff out a little child's life, especially if you don't believe they are a person. And unfortunately, some people don't believe ANY child is a person. So they torture and kill them. They don't value life from conception to natural death. Remember 'Horton Hears A Who'? A person is a person no matter how small.

A man has been arrested and charged in his son's death after the boy was found unresponsive in a home earlier this month, police said.

Police said 2-month-old Cayden Colwell was rushed to the hospital on April 11 after authorities got a 911 call from his father that he was limp.

Cayden's father, Cody Colwell, who made the 911 call, was arrested in Lexington, Kentucky Friday on a warrant out of Ohio, police said.

Colwell has been charged with two counts of murder, one count of felonious assault and two counts of endangering children, police said.

Last edited:
A mother's grief silenced a Warren County courtroom Friday. Through tears, Jami Standifer told a judge what her life has been like since her baby, Cayden, was killed.

"Cayden was buried two days before Easter, so the holidays are very hard for me, especially given the fact that these would have been his first holidays," Standifer said. "There are days when I can't even pull myself out of bed to shower or eat. I still have all of Cayden's things packed away in boxes because I'm not able to pull myself to go through them. Even when I hear another baby cry, I have to walk away because all I can hear is him."
On Friday, her former fiance, Cody Colwell, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and child endangering. Colwell was Cayden's father.

The judge sentenced Colwell to 19 to 24-and-a-half years in prison, but the family says it doesn't help their pain.

"No matter how much time is given or how many days go by, there will never be any full justice served because nothing will ever bring Cayden back to myself or my family," Standifer said.
1578161342657.png
1578161356115.png

1578189467009.png

Standifer says she and her other son, who is now 4 years old, suffer from severe post-traumatic stress disorder.

"When I visit Cayden's grave, his brother will play with his toys on top of him and tell me he wishes Cayden was still here to play with him, and it breaks my heart," Standifer said.

Mom has too be strong for her surviving son and heal herself.

1578284105908.png

The mom has a picture of Cayden sleeping next to his big brother on her FB.

He would have always looked out for his little brother and must be lost without him.

Back