• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
  • The 7-year-old, who has autism, told her mother the boys kissed her 'boobies and pee-pee'
An Oregon mother has filed a $15million lawsuit claiming that her seven-year-old daughter with autism was brutally beaten, stomped on and sexually abused by two young boys inside a play structure at a McDonald's eatery.

The civil complaint filed in Portland on Monday accuses the multibillion-dollar corporation of negligence, claiming that McDonald's was aware that its indoor playground should have no dark corners where children cannot be supervised.

According to the court filing, McDonald's crated an 'unreasonably dangerous condition' by making access to children playing inside the structure 'severely obstructed.'

As a mom, if I'm in public, and my kids are not in my sight, I am very uncomfortable and sometimes go a little crazy. That being said, she knew she couldn't see her child. Why blame MCD for that. SHE was negligent. And how do we know her claims are true. Was there a medical exam? Forensic interview? Anything? I think she just wants money

I knew this was somewhat vague when I posted it and pretty sure she is fishing for a settlement from a big corporation. The points have been made: why not reported it at the time, was there a test/forensic interview. Depending on the spectrum of the autism the girl may or may not be able to testify. Regardless of exact age/sex if there was a fight with any kids under 10 and one was beating the other up to the point they were bleeding then I'd escalate the situation, especially if there were also molestation mentioned. She did nothing and now wants $$ from McDonalds.

I've got three kids and I don't like the weird indoor playgrounds at fast food places for this exact reason. They've got to be filthy (at least Chick-fil-A cleans thiers daily) and I don't like areas where the kids can't be observed.

I really don't imagine 5 year olds "pummeling" anyone in the face, and I also don't really believe this quote is coming from a 7 year old mentally disabled kid:

Her mother said her daughter now is afraid to go anywhere alone, has trouble sleeping and randomly asks “Why did those boys do that?”

Unless there's a police report that surfaces, I doubt this happened. If the kid actually got her face stomped in she would have had to go to the hospital, yet there is no mention of medical bills. Sounds like a load of shit.

Edit: Also, she's afraid to go anywhere alone? She's fucking 7, why is that a problem? She should never be going anywhere alone, anytime.

From the DM article:

The lawsuit cited by OregonLive.com also claims the fast-food empire failed to hire and train personnel to supervise children in the play area in order to keep costs down and maximize profits.

It's a bloody fast food restaurant, not a day care. Just because kids go there doesn't mean they have to have staff to look after them. That's entirely on the parent. Drives me nuts how people take their kids to a diner or a play area or a library or whatever and think they can expect the staff to look after them.

Can’t wait to hear outcome. Betting mom figures huge corporation will settle to avoid trial and publicity.
Kind of reminds of myself when I tried to make my daughter apply for a golf scholarship to college. “Most of them go unused-it’ll be easy.” Luckily she refused bc who knew that you still had to be good.

Back