• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A 22-year-old man is facing multiple charges after allegedly setting more than a dozen cars on fire on a busy street in Edmonton.

Police were called to a popular bar and restaurant district on Whyte Avenue around 8:40 p.m. on Friday after receiving reports that a man was pouring gasoline on vehicles and setting them on fire.

“He lit all four cars on the east side of 104th, crossed the street and then hit about five or six to this side,” Next Act Pub general manager CJ Rowein told CTV News Edmonton.

“He drew a line in gasoline and lit it on the sidewalk just so he could sort of like stop everyone that was chasing him.”

Exclusive video provided to CTV News Edmonton appears to shows the suspect lighting Molotov cocktails behind a local store 15 minutes before the alleged arson spree began.

“It looks like, from the video, that he threw his Molotov cocktails and then came back for his jerry can and then continued on his rampage down the avenue,” said business owner Mark Wilson.

In video taken by witnesses at the scene, the suspect can be heard saying, “I will not hurt you people,” while carrying a container.

The suspect, identified by police as 22-year-old Malice Sutton, was taken down by two bystanders before being taken into custody by police.

“I just was like, I don’t want him to continue down the path,” said Jeff Halaby, a local restaurant owner who helped stop the suspect. “I didn’t have anything to stop him with, so I looked around the restaurant to see if I could find anything and I found a piece of baseboard.”

Police say no injuries were reported during the incident, but 13 vehicles were damaged.

I used to live in Edmonton in the 1980s just south of Whyte Ave.
Always found it to be a very nice city. It seemed very clean the people were quite polite and some of the finest looking streetwalkers I've ever seen in my life down around Jasper Avenue. Was there at the night the Edmonton Oilers won the Stanley Cup and there was partying all over downtown in 1985. I was 20 years old and handsome and women were kissing everyone all over during the celebrations. Gosh what a night.

Oh geez I got so distracted I almost forgot. Incinerate this prick

I used to live in Edmonton in the 1980s just south of Whyte Ave.
Always found it to be a very nice city. It seemed very clean the people were quite polite and some of the finest looking streetwalkers I've ever seen in my life down around Jasper Avenue. Was there at the night the Edmonton Oilers won the Stanley Cup and there was partying all over downtown in 1985. I was 20 years old and handsome and women were kissing everyone all over during the celebrations. Gosh what a night.

Oh geez I got so distracted I almost forgot. Incinerate this prick
I'm originally from Toronto, work brought me to Edmonton almost 28 years ago ..

Back