• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A dispatcher with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has been arrested for forgery after authorities say she falsely reported her father’s death.

A release from the sheriff’s office said Amanda Vanrees provided her supervisor with forged documents indicating her father died and was cremated out of state, which allowed her to take 30 hours of paid bereavement leave, KNXV reports.

The sheriff’s office said Vanrees’ father is alive and the person listed on the cremation certificate is fictitious. The document and names of cremation employees were obtained online and entered into the form, MCSO said in a news release.

Authorities said Vanrees admitted to the scheme.

Vanrees will be charged with one count of fraudulent schemes and artifices and one count of forgery, both felonies. She has been employed as a dispatcher since January 2019, MCSO said, and she had recently given notice of her resignation from her position.

She tried to squeeze a 30 hour payout out of a job she'd only had for a few months!. What an idiot.
Her next job will be as caretaker to some old or disabled person who needs help. :nailbiting:
Because of ASSHOLES like this companies are holding freak’n benefits months before your qualified for even damn sick days! Bitch makes me want to sock her twice!

I used to work as a scheduler in a live customer service department for a product that was unfortunately rather flawed, so a lot of our calls were for malfunctioning or broken items. Not fun and nobody liked it but there was one guy who really took the piss with coming in late or not at all to the point where he got a final warning. One day he called in that his last remaining grandparent had died out of state and was granted three days benevolence leave. A few months later, when his grandmother actually DID die, they wouldn't let him go.

Latest posts

Back