• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

DamagedGoods

Asmodeus - Destroyer of Men
Bold Member!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081105.wphoenix1105/BNStory/National/home?cid=al_gam_mostview

WINNIPEG — Five-year-old Phoenix Sinclair's short, tortured life ended slowly as she lay battered and alone in the concrete basement of her family home, a jury was told Wednesday.

Her mother and her mother's boyfriend had regularly abused the little girl, and after delivering the final, fatal blows on a June day in 2005, left her to die, Crown attorney Rick Saull said.

“This little girl died as the result of months of abuse,â€￾ Mr. Saull told the jury in his opening statement of a six-week murder trial.

“After the final blows were administered, she was left to die on a cold basement floor by both of them.â€￾

Mr. Saull warned jurors to prepare to endure “depressing and even enragingâ€￾ evidence in the coming weeks.

Wow....
Depravity at it finest. Not fishing up my Cheerios I guess.
I wished I had superhuman powers and could KNOW there was something on there. I would have stopped it.

Is that the best pic her mother had? Now I am depressed. Poor baby, no one cared enough to even get a good pic of her. People suck ass, and this breeder should be shot.

A five-year-old Manitoba girl suffered months of abuse before dying at the hands of her mother and the mother's boyfriend — who then covered up the slaying before applying for welfare in the dead child's name, a Winnipeg jury has heard.
Sinclair spent most of her young life in foster care before being placed back with her mother in 2004.
Kematch and McKay made a feeble attempt to revive the child, even though they were just a few kilometres from a medical facility. After the girl died, he said, her plastic-wrapped body was buried in a wooded area, using a neighbour's shovel.

Later the couple applied for and received welfare payments in Phoenix's name.
No wonder the female-thing had no good pictures. She wasn't a mom in any sense.

The neighbor's shovel thing sounds very Casey Anthony...

Damn.

Poor little baby. I can't even finish my coffee.

RIP little one, you apparently had no love or peace during your short life.

You are loved now.

Hope they both rot in hell! I wish I could wipe off all child abusers from this planet.

My heart aches for a child that never knew the warm embrace of a loving mother.
This child I am certain cried countless hours alone...feelings of hopelessness and sadness.
No more sweet Phoenix, the angels comfort and give you peace.

Rest in peace little Phoenix...remembered always.
2h3dkll.jpg

Prose for Phoenix
Beautiful, glorious red bird of fire you come forth through
your ashes a new bird shedding the old self which no
longer burdens you.
You embrace your new strength and
fly to the heights of the sky to the city of the sun
for your immortality.
Embrace yourself for you are a child of
the sun and will live eternal through birth, death, and
renewal...the spirit never dies.

Phoenix Sinclair, 5, dead "whore"

Really fucked up case here. Cute pic in the link. Mothers, brace yourselves:

Manitoba girl, 5, suffered horrific abuse, trial hears

Mike McIntyre, Winnipeg Free Press
Published: Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WINNIPEG - A five-year-old Manitoba girl was being deprived of food and forced to eat her own vomit in the days before she finally succumbed to a prolonged period of abuse and neglect that included being repeatedly shot with a pellet gun and choked unconscious, a jury heard Wednesday.

"Some horrible things have happened to that little girl," a visibly distraught Cpl. Tara Clelland-Hall told little Phoenix Sinclair's mother, Samantha Kematch, near the end of a four-hour videotaped interview following her March 2006 arrest.

"It absolutely breaks my heart, the things that little girl went through in her short little life."

Kematch and her former common-law husband, Karl McKay, are on trial for first-degree murder for the June 2005 death of Phoenix on the Fisher River First Nation, about 200 kilometres north of Winnipeg.

The death wasn't discovered by police until McKay's teenage son told his mother about what happened - 10 months later.

The boy, now 18, took the witness stand Wednesday and pointed the finger of blame directly at McKay and Kematch, accusing them of countless violent and degrading acts.

He described how Phoenix morphed from a "chubby" and happy child into a skinny child covered in cuts and bruises who would spend nearly every minute lying in her room without any food.

He wiped away tears as he told court how he tried offering a helping hand to his stepsister, who had been kept a virtual prisoner in her own home.

He described trying to feed a starving Phoenix some bread and water, only to be caught and threatened by Kematch.

"Samantha said what the f- are you giving my daughter food for?" he said.

"I'd feel sorry for her. She would say 'I'm hungry.' "

He said McKay repeatedly played a "game" with Phoenix he called "chicken," which involved picking her up by the throat, wrapping both hands around her neck and "choking her out."

"Then he'd throw her to the ground," said the teen, noting visible finger marks would be left on her neck. "She'd make this weird scream. It was like someone had cut off her arm, like she was screaming to death."

McKay also liked to shoot Phoenix with a pellet gun, telling the girl to "run" and then shooting her repeatedly in the back and making her cry out in agony.

"He'd shoot her for the fun of it,"
he said, noting the abuse would leave pellet marks all over her back.

The teen said Kematch would often hit Phoenix with a metal bar and stool, especially when she'd urinate or defecate in her pants after Kematch refused to let her go to the washroom. Sometimes McKay and Kematch would throw Phoenix around, either to the ground or into furniture, he said. They also shaved the girl's head bald, court was told.

Kematch's lawyer, Roberta Campbell, suggested to the teen in cross-examination that it was McKay who was "most violent" with Phoenix. She also accused McKay of calling Phoenix degrading names like "f-ing little baby" and "whore" while beating her.

"They were doing the same thing, equally," the teen replied.

"Isn't it true that sometimes he would hit Phoenix so much that she wouldn't even cry anymore?" asked Campbell.

"Yes," he answered.

McKay's lawyer, Mike Cook, suggested some of Phoenix's injuries could have been suffered during friendly "wrestling matches" his client was having with the little girl. McKay's son said he believed the physical abuse was intentional, not accidental.

Earlier in the day, the 10-woman, two-man jury watched the last portion of Kematch's video statement in which she blamed McKay for Phoenix's death, and said he refused to let her go to police to disclose what happened.

"I feel ashamed. I feel stupid. She didn't deserve anything like that. I think about it every day," she said. "I didn't want to see my kid like that. It hurt to see her like that. He wouldn't let me help her. He'd get mad at me."

However, Kematch admitted to beating Phoenix at times for no clear reason.

"I'd hit her because I'd get mad at her.
I knew that wasn't right," she said. Kematch said much of the punishment came whenever Phoenix would urinate or defecate herself, which began happening often after she turned five.

Jurors heard how Phoenix spent her last hours naked, with an injury to her buttocks, lying on a cold basement floor. Kematch says McKay pushed her daughter violently to the ground, causing the child to bang her head on the concrete the day before her death.

"We didn't do it purposely. It was just something that got out of hand," Kematch said.

The trial continues Thursday with McKay's youngest son expected to testify against him on behalf of the Crown.

Link

Why you'd call a five year-old a "whore" I'll never know, let alone treat your child like this. I mean Hell, I have Korean slave children, but at least I feed them! :lollypop:

I offered my thanks for the post, not sure I mean it....
Horrible post to read last, before I go to bed. Seriously, how can two people be so mean, so evil? WTF....I am out of words.

She said it was something that just got out of hand. No shit, lady. When did it get out of hand? When your husband was choking the life out of your daughter? When he wouldn't allow her to go to the bathroom so she went in her pants? When you guys were both beating the Hell out of her and depriving her of food? What kind of mother joins in on this cruel behavior? It's just baffling.

I cannot even think of a torture that would be painful and evil enough to make these two pay for what they have done....but I'd be willing to try.

Holy Shit where do I even start?

"I feel ashamed. I feel stupid. She didn't deserve anything like that. I think about it every day," she said. "I didn't want to see my kid like that. It hurt to see her like that. He wouldn't let me help her. He'd get mad at me."
The FUCK you do. If you honestly had a caring bone in your body,-and you don't- you would have chosen Phoenix over the sperm donor. The only reason your ass feels any kind of remorse is because you fucking got caught.

You didn't want to see your kid like that? So you decided to close your eyes and pretend it wasn't happening? How'd that work out for ya?

He would get mad at you? I'm guessing he abused you as well as Phoenix. Ya know how to solve that little problem? A bullet (Or several) to the head. (either yours or his) Its not tough!

"I'd hit her because I'd get mad at her. I knew that wasn't right," she said. Kematch said much of the punishment came whenever Phoenix would urinate or defecate herself, which began happening often after she turned five.
You knew it wasn't right, and yet you did it anyway. WTF kind of excuse is this? What the fuck kind of sadistic socio-path uses this for an excuse?

Jurors heard how Phoenix spent her last hours naked, with an injury to her buttocks, lying on a cold basement floor. Kematch says McKay pushed her daughter violently to the ground, causing the child to bang her head on the concrete the day before her death.

"We didn't do it purposely. It was just something that got out of hand," Kematch said.
Nobody and I mean NOBODY deserves to die naked on a cold concrete floor after being repeatedly shot with a pellet gun. Much less a 5 year old girl.

You didn't do it purposely? Again I am screaming BULLSHIT at the top of my lungs! You got mad and because the alarm bells in your head didn't go off. -you know the one that say oh shit i shouldn't be hitting my child- You killed her! And given that she had 2 psychotic and sociopathic "parental figures" around you actually did that poor little girl a favor by killing her.

I would say the best punishment for you would be having to have the autopsy photos as well as the crime scene photos prominently displayed in your jail cell. To serve as a reminder of what you put that poor girl through!

This is exactly why I support the death penalty for evil fucks. I'm so tired of us labeling these monsters as "sick" or "neglected" so they can receive lenient punishment. Not enough hugs from Mom and Dad, Abused as a child, Blah Blah. Get the fuck over it. You just do not do that to another human being! I do not care if in their minds they are dealing with the Baby Antichrist.

Sorry this is where my "Fry Em till their heads pop off" feelings arise. What type of benefit do we have as a society for keeping these people properly fed, with a roof over their heads??

Broken this is a duplicate thread...Damagedgoods posted recently...I know, I don't forget cases like this.
http://www.dreamindemon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9430&highlight=prose+phoenix

Anyhow, thank you for the additional information on this case...the details are so heartbreaking....reading it again, just fucking kills me.
I really want to kill these baby killers, I want to seem them both beat repeatedly then whipped until close to death then beat again...then fucking kill them...
I offer my sword. I don't mean to do it purposely...

{My original post}

My heart aches for a child that never knew the warm embrace of a loving mother.
This child I am certain cried countless hours alone...feelings of hopelessness and sadness.
No more sweet Phoenix, the angels comfort and give you peace.

Rest in peace little Phoenix...remembered always.
2h3dkll.jpg

Prose for Phoenix
Beautiful, glorious red bird of fire you come forth through
your ashes a new bird shedding the old self which no
longer burdens you.
You embrace your new strength and
fly to the heights of the sky to the city of the sun
for your immortality.
Embrace yourself for you are a child of
the sun and will live eternal through birth, death, and renewal....the spirit never dies.

Last edited:
I'm with you. Soldering iron or nail gun?

Both. Plus lots and lots more.

I think Michael said it for me because i'm so enraged right now I can't even think

No death penalty there? Ok, how about gruesome torture every single day with no food, water, or bathroom breaks. Every single minute of every day.

Rest with God little Phoenix, you are loved now............

Someone ever wonder why the baby started soiling herself after she turned 5? I suspect sexual abuse. That is a common sign.

Of course she started messing in her pants! She was being fucking abused you dumb ass cunt. ( yes I said cunt because im so fucking angry right now )

What is the human race turing into? The animal kingdom dosn't even do this to their own young.

Im screaming out for justice for all these little ones that lose their lives because of the people who are supposed to love them and take care of them.

Someone ever wonder why the baby started soiling herself after she turned 5? I suspect sexual abuse. That is a common sign.

I was thinking that same thing... especially with them calling her "whore".

Fucking monsters...

Between this story, the one about the 17-month-old in England, and the baby Ruby wrote about today...I didn't think I'd be able to return today. Luckily I had a dinner date with friends and don't feel so...torn apart.

All these poor babies.

The Manitoba man accused of killing his five-year-old step-daughter after months of horrific abuse told police he "made a big mistake" and sobbed at the prospect of spending the rest of his life in jail, court heard Friday.

In a videotaped interview with police played at his murder trial in Winnipeg, Karl McKay said he tried to perform CPR on Phoenix Sinclair when he found her lifeless body in the family's basement in June 2005.
[...]
The couple is also accused of trying to pass off another child as Phoenix to convince welfare investigators and the RCMP that their daughter was still with the family.
[...]
During McKay's video testimony Friday, Kematch often turned around and frowned at him as he sat beside her in the prisoner box.

On the video, McKay broke down sobbing when he talked about Phoenix's death.

"I'm going to spend the rest of my life in jail," he said, worrying he wouldn't be able to see his boys until they were grown.
[...]
McKay drew a map to show where Phoenix was buried. Her body was found in a shallow grave near the Fisher River garbage dump in March 2006.

Earlier in the police interview, McKay said he was on at least 10 different kinds of medication for health problems relating to diabetes, pancreatitis, depression, insomnia and fibromyalgia. The medication would sometimes cause mood swings and caused him to lose 60 pounds in one month, he said.

His father had 26 kids by various women and he spent his life in foster care, McKay said.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081114/child_death_081114/20081114?hub=Canada

These monsters care NOTHING for anyone but themselves. Even Envy's nail gun is too good for them. They deserve a special hell.

sick motherfuckersi hope that neither one of these turds ever see the light of day againpoor little cutie i am sorry that you was brought into this world by such an irresponsible pos and someone who was more cocernedabouta peice of ass than her own fleshand blood rest in peace sweetheart you are safe now

Asshole couple sentenced to life in prison

I must admit, I've sort of avoided this one for some time... it haunts me still. I KNEW what sort of sentence these asshats undeserving of life would get being in Canada....

A Manitoba couple who buried the body of the woman’s five-year-old daughter in a shallow grave near the Fisher River Indian Reserve were sentenced to life in prison for the first-degree murder of Phoenix Sinclair.

The woman and her common-law husband will not be eligible for parole for 25 years, Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Karen Simonsen ruled Friday afternoon.

Source: http://www.intertribaltimes.com/canada/manitoba-couple-sentenced-to-life-for-murder-of-phoenix-sinclair/

A funeral and burial service was held today for five-year-old Phoenix Sinclair, who was killed in 2005 by her mother and stepfather.

More than 200 mourners filled the Indian and Metis Friendship Centre for the service for the little girl, who would have celebrated her ninth birthday today.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Phoenix-Sinclair-to-be-laid-to-rest-43540472.html

I don't want to lessen the tragedy of the deaths of any other children, but it seemed to me that not nearly as many people cared about this poor little girl as they have other children. She died a horrendous and tortuous death after a life spent mostly as a ward of Child Services before being handed back over to be tormented to death. It makes me so incredibly angry... No one even seemed to care or notice that she was gone until her brother told police...

Last edited:
...Oh poor little Phoenix... Fuck, I remember this one very very well. I remember reading every detail available, and believe you me, as this was very local, there was all kinds of things to read on this.
It would seem that Keemach told friends and family that phoenix had gone to live with her father in Ontario (a father who, by the way she refused to let anywhere near that little girl). By all accounts little phoenix was very very loved in her foster home.

I still don't understand why anyone sent her back to her "mother" and then didn't bother to check up on her, like ever... I just... I don't know what to say...
Here is the link to the article on the day of her funeral. Her daddy was interviewed for this one, I can't read it again. Too sad.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/manitoba/2009/04/23/9212576-sun.html

RIP baby girl.

This case pains me in the deepest part of my soul. They should not be eligible for parole EVER. I hope both of them die in prison miserable and alone, just like the poor child they tortured to death.

Back