• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
I found a handy, new "Quote +" option next to my regular "Reply" (to post) option when I logged on via cell this morning. Yay.

Not wanting to end up with a dead/lame "try me" post in a topic, I started this one in case there are others who want to go through all the text editor options and any updated site functions to see what they are and what they do without feeling like a dork, or just not using them at all.

So, here's a chalkboard we can scribble on to play with things and see how they'll actually show up without having to try and eek out what we can via the Rich Text editor. :)

Testing "Quote +" option.

ETA: I clicked it before I posted, and nothing happened, thought it told me this would be applied to "multiple posts." Hmmm. I'll keep playing with it as I go along.

Last edited:
I clicked on +Quote and I got a drop down message at the top of the page that said "message added to multi-Quote". Then it was -Quote, so I clicked once again and the same message dropped down to say that my message had been deleted from the multi-Quote.

Thanks @gatekeeper I need all the practicing I can get. I don't know or understand half of what's going on around here! LOL, still haven't manage to post a photo, I know it's possible but just don't get it! Once I do it, I'll have to do it 100 X before it's gets into long term memory. I'm old it takes awhile these days. LOL

I clicked on +Quote and I got a drop down message at the top of the page that said "message added to multi-Quote". Then it was -Quote, so I clicked once again and the same message dropped down to say that my message had been deleted from the multi-Quote.

Thanks @gatekeeper I need all the practicing I can get. I don't know or understand half of what's going on around here! LOL, still haven't manage to post a photo, I know it's possible but just don't get it! Once I do it, I'll have to do it 100 X before it's gets into long term memory. I'm old it takes awhile these days. LOL

*high five sister friend!* Thank you, I'll tap mine again then, and try something different later.

And you're NOT old, cubbykins, far from it, stop that, lol. We're just a little more "vintage" than some others demonites. See how much better that works? ;)

Luckily, so far, I still get pretty under-guessed on my age (even from people I don't pay to say it, lol), but I'll be the big 5-2 next month and I don't feel a day over 30, plus, IDGAF what anybody has to say about it. Hmmph! I'll get old when I goddamn well please, tyvm. I don't dress like I'm 22 and I definitely don't dress like I'm an old lady, but as long as I just worry about being true to myself and acting like me, 52 ain't bad at all. :)

Any idea how the Quote+ multipost thing might work? I'm wondering if it might be for those times when we quote from multiple posts, even though I doubt that's it. I'm honored to have someone else splashing around in the shallow end of the tech pool with me. Ty! :joyful:

*high five sister friend!* Thank you, I'll tap mine again then, and try something different later.

And you're NOT old, cubbykins, far from it, stop that, lol. We're just a little more "vintage" than some others demonites. See how much better that works? ;)

Luckily, so far, I still get pretty under-guessed on my age (even from people I don't pay to say it, lol), but I'll be the big 5-2 next month and I don't feel a day over 30, plus, IDGAF what anybody has to say about it. Hmmph! I'll get old when I goddamn well please, tyvm. I don't dress like I'm 22 and I definitely don't dress like I'm an old lady, but as long as I just worry about being true to myself and acting like me, 52 ain't bad at all. :)

Any idea how the Quote+ multipost thing might work? I'm wondering if it might be for those times when we quote from multiple posts, even though I doubt that's it. I'm honored to have someone else splashing around in the shallow end of the tech pool with me. Ty! :joyful:

Well pretty soon I am going to be joining the 50 plus group too. I hit the big 5-0 in June this year. Yay! You know what they say? You're only as old as you feel! So in my case that'll be about....er.....50 then! Lol.

Though I still have the sense of humour of a 12 year old sometimes. :)

Well I just turned 56 in December and these days I'm feeling every minute of it, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna act it. I know that some of my older friends know more than I do but there are alot more who know less, about technology, I'm just saying. LOL I generally just keep clicking on buttons until something makes sense. Only once did I nearly kill my computer but my husband made me fix it so I learned that day! LOL. I'm on a steep learning curve with this chrome operating system so I don't know if I'll ever catch up. My personal choice would be no more chrome, but he kids gave me a tablet this christmas and lo and behold it's an Android tablet that works on, you guesssed it, CHROME! so I'm stuck with figuring it out.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, @gatekeeper. L<3 ve Cubby!

♡ Oh, you poor woman, my empathy is with you, lol. Chrome Android is my most workable option on my style/type of Android, too. If I use Firefox, I can chat in shout, but all my text editing options incl. smilies don't show up, I have a chatbox log in tab in I.E. but that browsers issues w/my phone are never-ending, and so on with the other browsers that hate my phone.

After educating myself on how some things really work these days (haven't been proficient since Win 98!), working with the Xenforo developer folks on some issues, and checking things out with others to make sure I understand what I'm able to see and not see with my phone on certain browsers, I'm much calmer when it comes to certain things I have to live with using this version of my cell. Except for alerts and posts not showing up til 2 days or more later half the time.

In a way, losing my mind has been great for the Ibuprofen industry and for me, too, because it caused me to seek out and learn some new techy stuff, and the best part is, when my contract on this pos is up, I know what questions to ask and what to test out before I upgrade to another phone.

As for the age trolls, we'll just keep fighting those bastards every step of the way. Hazzah! LOL <3

@HagarTheHorrible , I had no idea you were nearing the 5-0. May I be so bold as to give you a hail and hearty, preemptory welcome to your 50's? Jump on in with confidence. The water's fine. :) In June, hmm? Cool. Gemini or Cancer?

*You don't have to answer. I'm just kinda nosey that way, lol. ;)

Last edited:
Never really been a huge believer in astrology. Nevertheless, the supposed character traits of a typical Cancerian are very "me".

I've been interested in the character traits (not the horoscope jazz) since I was a kid. I love to play around with it, and I'm very true to sign as well. I'm actually a quintuple sign. According to Google, if another one exists, they haven't written about it or uploaded yet (probably ate a cyanide capsule, lol), although the only quintuple sign that did show up at that time, no joke, was a quint. Cancer. :happy:

I can't wait until Science finally comes up with the algorithms and correct testing methods to take it from the University Master's level as a pseudo/parascience to the Doctorate level so it can move into the realms of legitimate Science, at least as far as natal/birth charts go. There are lots of bright minds working on it, but so far it's still a big fail as far as standard Sci. Method goes. I'm sure I'll be long dead if/when it ever happens, but until then, I still enjoy playing with some of the puzzle pieces. :)

Crap. I still can't seem to find out what the Quote+ does or what it's relative to. *scratching head* Looks like it's a trip through Googleland. *s*

You all are very cute. If you ever need help you are always welcome to send me a message. If I don't have the answer, I'll find it.

Multi-quote requires you to click all the posts you'd like to add and then you have to hit "Insert Quotes" and the bottom of the text box as you are replying to the thread.
Never really been a huge believer in astrology. Nevertheless, the supposed character traits of a typical Cancerian are very "me".

I came so close to rating that CRAP, but it's not your fault that my mother is also Cancer and she drives me crazy, so I just gave you some love. I am Sagittarius just for full disclosure! LOL

omgomgomg {{{ @Subrosa }}}} and other Techy Admins - *bows in homage and builds a shrine at Demon feet* I think I can safely speak for at least a few of us in saying I sincerely appreciate your offer to ask you about site functions (you know I have, lol), but I feel guilty bugging you guys all the time, especially with my user-related weirdness issues, so if I can pop over to Xenforo.com or google something myself (or check out stuff w/other members) first and *not* have to bug you, it's a win-win in my book.

You are always such a great resource and I am SO glad you came on board here (heh, see what I did there, *rimshot*, yeah). You're a wonderful asset.

Not only is the Quote + very cool, and your instructions are short and easy to understand, I just found another little present in the lower right hand corner of my screen! No more Thumber-Tunnel from scrolling back and forth to the top of my mobile screeeeen! *piggy squeal* Is it Christmas again already? I don't even have the last one paid off yet. :dead: :smuggrin:

Thanks to all of you who donate your time and smarts to make this such an enjoyable hangout. :)

Note to others: I've been able to find a wealth of good info by either going straight to Xenforo.com and searching for a certain function or option, and also just by plugging the add-on or option I'm looking for into Google or Bing with my question. I found out about the Quote + add-on by Googling "Quote + function Xenforo forums". The first link took me to the Xenforo help/support message forum where it was being discussed. It's a really handy option for quick things and updates you might have "how to" questions on so you're not all :confused: :oops: :sorry: :banghead: :asshat: :bag: :D.

Ah, ok. I don't have an Insert Quote option at the bottom of my text box. That 'splains it. :)

Last edited:
I came so close to rating that CRAP, but it's not your fault that my mother is also Cancer and she drives me crazy, so I just gave you some love. I am Sagittarius just for full disclosure! LOL

You're a Centaur! Neato! You must be a crackerjack with a bow and arrow. *S* I'm a quintuple Aquarius fgs. Sun, Moon, Mercury, Mars and Saturn. It was a cluster f**k in Aq. when I was born. :facepalm: Wouldn't wish that crap on ANYbody. *looks for astrological trainwreck smiley* :joyful:

Yeah I took archery in college but found out I was much better at backgammon, not as many sharp, pointy things flying off in the wrong directions, and a bonus was I get to sit down when playing backgammon. A win for everybody!

@gatekeeper, just to satisfy your curiosity, I am Cancer. :)

@HagarTheHorrible - Awesome! Depth of emotion comes so naturally to Water Babies. :) O.K. shutting up now before I end up with two dozen piles of crap on this post, Lol. ;)

Leo, so imma be aggressive and stubborn.

Did I quote right?

U rock for starting this thread Gatekeeper! :D

@gatekeeper

I also didn't have the insert quote at the bottom of my reply box until I selcted the posts I wanted to quote. So right now, it isn't there. But.....
Ah, ok. I don't have an Insert Quote option at the bottom of my text box. That 'splains it. :)

Now it is!

Leo, so imma be aggressive and stubborn.

Did I quote right?

U rock for starting this thread Gatekeeper! :D

You doo'd it! That looks purty, and easy, too. :) Raaaawr, Leo the Mighty Queen/King. I mean really, who better to be a Zookeeper? Lol. My daughter and four, count 'em four lifelong friends are Leos, incl. a bestie and a soulmate. :cool:

You doo'd it! That looks purty, and easy, too. :) Raaaawr, Leo the Mighty Queen/King. I mean really, who better to be a Zookeeper? Lol. My daughter and four, count 'em four lifelong friends are Leos, incl. a bestie and a soulmate. :cool:

You all are very cute. If you ever need help you are always welcome to send me a message. If I don't have the answer, I'll find it.

Multi-quote requires you to click all the posts you'd like to add and then you have to hit "Insert Quotes" and the bottom of the text box as you are replying to the thread.

@gatekeeper

I also didn't have the insert quote at the bottom of my reply box until I selcted the posts I wanted to quote. So right now, it isn't there. But.....

Now it is!

I hope I'm in the right forum I'm trying to teach myself to post.. Lol..yay its the first time I shared a article... Ignore this one though it was just a random article to practice... Is there anything I should read before looking for updates (that's my goal) and again sorry if this is not the right area in that case moderator please delete..

G

Well pretty soon I am going to be joining the 50 plus group too. I hit the big 5-0 in June this year. Yay! You know what they say? You're only as old as you feel! So in my case that'll be about....er.....50 then! Lol.

Though I still have the sense of humour of a 12 year old sometimes. :)

Well I just turned 56 in December and these days I'm feeling every minute of it, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna act it. I know that some of my older friends know more than I do but there are alot more who know less, about technology, I'm just saying. LOL I generally just keep clicking on buttons until something makes sense. Only once did I nearly kill my computer but my husband made me fix it so I learned that day! LOL. I'm on a steep learning curve with this chrome operating system so I don't know if I'll ever catch up. My personal choice would be no more chrome, but he kids gave me a tablet this christmas and lo and behold it's an Android tablet that works on, you guesssed it, CHROME! so I'm stuck with figuring it out.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, @gatekeeper. L<3 ve Cubby!

♡ Oh, you poor woman, my empathy is with you, lol. Chrome Android is my most workable option on my style/type of Android, too. If I use Firefox, I can chat in shout, but all my text editing options incl. smilies don't show up, I have a chatbox log in tab in I.E. but that browsers issues w/my phone are never-ending, and so on with the other browsers that hate my phone.

After educating myself on how some things really work these days (haven't been proficient since Win 98!), working with the Xenforo developer folks on some issues, and checking things out with others to make sure I understand what I'm able to see and not see with my phone on certain browsers, I'm much calmer when it comes to certain things I have to live with using this version of my cell. Except for alerts and posts not showing up til 2 days or more later half the time.

In a way, losing my mind has been great for the Ibuprofen industry and for me, too, because it caused me to seek out and learn some new techy stuff, and the best part is, when my contract on this pos is up, I know what questions to ask and what to test out before I upgrade to another phone.

As for the age trolls, we'll just keep fighting those bastards every step of the way. Hazzah! LOL <3

@HagarTheHorrible , I had no idea you were nearing the 5-0. May I be so bold as to give you a hail and hearty, preemptory welcome to your 50's? Jump on in with confidence. The water's fine. :) In June, hmm? Cool. Gemini or Cancer?

*You don't have to answer. I'm just kinda nosey that way, lol. ;)

@gatekeeper, just to satisfy your curiosity, I am Cancer. :)
;):)

Latest posts

Back