• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Lizard

Veteran Member
Tony the Twister won't be shaping balloons into animals at children's parties anytime soon.

Anthony Stelter, who performs for children as Tony the Twister, was charged Monday with repeated sexual assault of a child and, if convicted, faces 25 years to life in prison.

The criminal complaint filed Monday says he repeatedly sexually assaulted a girl, then age 13. On April 11, the girl told a school psychiatrist about the assaults.

Detectives obtained a search warrant for Stelter's home. While they were looking for confirming evidence, they also discovered cocaine and marijuana.

Neither the charge filed Monday nor others under investigation involve any children that Stelter met while performing as Tony the Twister.

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/282637

It's my opinion that any grown man who knows how to make balloon animals is a pedo. Period.

I formed that opinion after spending a Thanksgiving with my 40-year-old second cousin "Dan The Magician Man" many years ago. ... my kids were allowed nowhere NEAR that freak.

:shiver:

Calling him "evil," a Dane County judge sentenced a former children's entertainer to 41½ years in prison for the sexual assaults of three teenage girls from 2004 to 2008.

At a sentencing hearing, Dane County Assistant District Attorney Michael Finley also disclosed that before he went to trial last year, Anthony B. Stelter, 41, tried from the Dane County Jail to find a hit man to kill Finley and town of Madison police Detective Robb Hale, who investigated Stelter.

Stelter was a magician and balloon artist who performed in Madison as "Tony the Twister."

Finley said Stelter got as far as calling a phone number for a hired killer, which a jail informant had given to Stelter. It was actually supplied by the state Division of Criminal Investigation, which looked into the allegations. An inmate had told authorities about the plot after he overheard a conversation about it between Stelter and another inmate, Finley said.

State Department of Justice spokesman Bill Cosh said he could not comment on the investigation, which remains open.

But Circuit Judge Patrick Fiedler said he didn't need to consider the alleged murder plot when he sentenced Stelter to concurrent 25-year prison sentences for three assaults of one girl starting when she was 13, followed by a 15-year term for assaulting a 14-year-old girl. He'll also serve two nine-month sentences for assaults of a 17-year-old girl.

Stelter knew all three girls. He would be around 80 years old when he is released from prison on extended supervision.

"What I see is somebody who not only committed horrible crimes but is evil," Fiedler said. "I don't often say that about a criminal defendant, but I cannot see a time when you should be allowed back in the community."

Stelter said that a long prison sentence will "feel like justice to some" but will be a burden to others in his life.

Anthony Stelter appeals judgments of conviction and sentence for multiple counts of
repeated sexual assault of a child, incest, and sexual intercourse with a child age sixteen or older.
Stelter also appeals an order denying his postconviction motion. Attorney David Karpe has filed
a no-merit report seeking to withdraw as appellate counsel.

Back