• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
She's a genius, this one.

[....]
Annie Durham, 59, was arrested by the Del City Fire investigators and charged with second-degree arson charges after authorities say she “intentionally set” fire to her neighbor’s already condemned home on June 10.

The key evidence? Surveillance footage from her password-protected outdoor camera that she'd given officials permission to look at.

"She caught herself on camera setting the fire," Del City Fire Dept. Chief Brandon Pursell told KFOR.

The fire department received several 911 calls at around 2:45 p.m. reporting a house on fire in the 2000 block of Becker Place. Once on scene, firefighters observed a single-story residence with “a significant fire” coming from the garage.
full

[....]
No one was injured in the fire but investigators were called to look into the cause since the home was condemned.

During the investigation, authorities learned about an on-going conflict between the owner of the condemned home -- where vagrants and drug users had allegedly been crashing -- and the next door neighbor, Del City Fire Department said in a news release.

Investigators reportedly noticed a surveillance camera pointed directly at the area where the fire started -- but it was password protected.

Durham, however, gave authorities permission to view the footage.

Officials say that surveillance footage showed Durham tossing an object lit on fire into the window of the condemned home.
full

[....]
Durham was booked at Oklahoma County Jail and faces second-degree arson charges.

That's pretty fucking stupid. I've seen and done a lot of stupid shit in my life but that's like WAAAAAAYYY up there on my list. Like wtf! I get NOT agreeing to let them look at her video would be incredibly suspicious but there's something awfully suspicious about that still shot too. I mean one might even say incriminating. The D.A. is definitely going to be tossing that word around. I woulda went with suspicious.

It's just shocking really. I'm sorry to drone on and on about but she didn't even watch it before handing it over? So many questions. Did she watch it with them? Imagine that! Like "Here ya go officers... just glad to help out in anyway I can!" That'd be soooooo awkward for her and anywhere between hilarious and downright confusing to D popo.

She should plead insanity. I mean only an insane person would ever hand over that password. Maybe she did it without even knowing it which would also make her insane. I bet I could sway an American jury. I'd get my eyebrows waxed, and a new suit. I'd look really sophisticated for my opening argument:

"The bitch sitting next to me is fucking cray cray! Exhibit A: I dare somebody to call her crazy right now! Nobody? Nobody!!! She's looking at me right now isn't she??? How bad is it? There's no pens on the table... No I wasn't asking. I know there's no pens lying around. Do you know why? Because that bitch burning holes in the back of my head right now? Is fucking crazy. Exhibit B: All she had to do was wipe that shit clean before they got a subpoena or whatever for the video but she didn't. She just handed it right over to them when they asked. Do you know why!!?? Because that bitch is fucking crazy. I rest my case your honor."

Last edited:
Hey everyone, sorry to jump in on this thread after a few months, but I couldn't resist sharing my thoughts on this crazy story. I mean, who in their right mind would give authorities access to their password-protected security cameras without even reviewing the footage first? It's just asking to get caught doing something illegal! Anyway, this story got me thinking about my own security situation at home, and I'm considering installing some cameras myself. I've been doing some research and came across some cool Live streaming software that would allow me to keep an eye on things from anywhere. But after reading this story, I'll definitely be extra careful with who I give access to my cameras! Can't be caught doing anything stupid like this lady.

Last edited:
Back