• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A drunk driver whose smiling mugshot went viral after a fatal crash has been sentenced to 11 years in prison.

Angenette Marie Missett, 45, sobbed during the sentencing hearing on Thursday in Ocala, Florida, as she begged forgiveness from the family of 60-year-old Sandra Clarkson.

'I am truly, truly sorry and if I could change spots with your mother I would in a heartbeat. I am sorry. I am sorry. I am truly, truly sorry,' Missett said before she was sentenced, WESH-TV reported.

Clarkson died after Missett rear-ended the sedan she was riding in on a highway in Orlando just before noon on May 10, 2018.

In a victim statement, Clarkston's daughter told the court about the devastating impact of Missett's actions.

'I lost my only remaining parent because of the defendant's selfish and conscious decision to drink and drive,' Clarkston's daughter, Keonna Sciacca said in court.

Judge Steven Rogers handed down the sentence of 11 years

After the crash, Missett told police that she had been distracted because she dropped her phone, but a field sobriety test revealed that her blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

The driver of the sedan, 18-year-old Shiyanne Kroll, walked away with minor injuries, but her mother Clarkson suffered critical injuries and died in the hospital days later.

Missett was married one week after the crash, dropping her maiden name of Welk.

Her original mugshot when she was charged with DUI causing great bodily harm sparked outrage because had a big smile on her face.

A new mugshot was taken on May 18, 2018 when charges were upgraded to manslaughter, showing a grimmer visage.

Back