• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/missing...o-who-vanished-after-online-date-found-slain/

A missing Arizona woman was found slain in a shallow grave last week, and authorities have arrested a man with whom she went on an online date, reports CBS affiliate KPHO.

25-year-old Angela Russo had been missing since April 19, after reportedly meeting her suspected killer for a date in West Phoenix. Lashawn Johnson, who was already in jail on unrelated charges, was charged with her murder on Sunday, the station reports.

Russo's body was found buried in the desert in Tonopah, about 50 miles west of Phoenix. Her car was reportedly found burned nearby.

Russo's mother Diana Schalow told the station her daughter met Johnson on an online dating site. She said she was devastated to learn of her daughter's death and was hoping the search would "end differently."

"It does actually give us a slight bit of closure," Schalow said. "You go to sleep with different pain but at least, we've gone searching for her so many times."

Russo's cause of death hasn't yet been released.

Why would a 25 year old need to look for dates online?
If you count stuff like Tinder as online dating, it's super super popular among the 20-something set! I myself have gone on three Tinder dates. I ended up dating one of them for 6 months and then later another for a year. Pretty pleased with my Tinder success I do say :hattip:

Also I didn't get killed :(

Why would a 25 year old need to look for dates online?

Can be a vastly superior way to doing it as opposed to hitting da cluhbs and being an alocholic shitbag at the bars.

Of course it seems most people don't do it in a very intelligent manner. It's 100% a choice thing, either do it safely and responsibly, and smart, or make dumb decisions and put yourself at risk. You have a way to get to know someone quite well before even meeting them in person, yet people don't take advantage of that and instead jump right into shit. Smarter to talk for several weeks, if not longer, videochat, run background checks on one anothers names, etc., before meeting for the first time in person. And of course that first date should occur in a public place, with both individuals having their own vehicles and no intercourse afterwards.

Of course, we don't know if this was a first date between these two. Perhaps they were firmly in a relationship when he did this. Really no way to avoid that situation unless the dude has a record or a history of abusive behavior.

If you count stuff like Tinder as online dating

You shouldn't. That's not for dating, that's for banging. A mere sex hookup isn't the same as dating. And despite your bizarre usage of the app, it most certainly is meant for and primarily used solely for meeting people for sex.

You shouldn't. That's not for dating, that's for banging. A mere sex hookup isn't the same as dating. And despite your bizarre usage of the app, it most certainly is meant for and primarily used solely for meeting people for sex.
In the Bay Area, where I was at the time, it is, or was, quite frequently used for dating. Awkward tech people and all...

ETA: Also, often banging leads to dating, as was the case for me. Maybe you've never been able to translate banging into a relationship? Doesn't speak well for your banging abilities :shrug:

Last edited:
Very superior indeed. Shes dead.

Not seeing the point of your post here. I already addressed that trouble can arise from meeting someone online. It still offers far more and better benefits then hitting up da cluhbs or a noisy bar like some alcoholic douchebag. And we also don't know if this was a first date nightmare situation or if she had known this guy for a while, in which case how they met may hold no relevance.

Lashawn Johnson, who was already in jail on unrelated charges, was charged with her murder on Sunday, the station reports.

On-line dating is dangerous...if you want to meet some one, join a club, volunteer. take a class.

find someone who has a similar persuasion as you, a common interest, while you're working on

yourself.

Not seeing the point of your post here. I already addressed that trouble can arise from meeting someone online. It still offers far more and better benefits then hitting up da cluhbs or a noisy bar like some alcoholic douchebag. And we also don't know if this was a first date nightmare situation or if she had known this guy for a while, in which case how they met may hold no relevance.
It obviously holds relevance. The article doesn't state first, secsond or third date and really it doesn't matter.
Meeting strangers on line is dangerous and could be (like in this case) deadly.
Bars, clubs and discos are no better.
What about friends of friends? What ever happened to meeting people that way? How about joining a club where one would meet like minded people or volunteering?

Edit
@lithiumgirl I was pecking away at my phone while you were posting.

and really it doesn't matter.

It might. It opens up a discussion on how to pursue such relationships, how to protect ones self in certain situations, etc.

Meeting strangers on line is dangerous and could be (like in this case) deadly.

Meeting anyone anywhere is dangerous and could be deadly. I was responding to a question about WHY someone would choose such a method to meet people and showcased quite clearly the numerous great reasons as to why it's so popular. I don't really follow the reasoning for your subsequent commenting on the matter.

Bars, clubs and discos are no better.

Incorrect. The internet provides a means to get to know someone slowly over time prior to having physical contact. It's a safer method, fact.

What about friends of friends? What ever happened to meeting people that way? How about joining a club where one would meet like minded people or volunteering?

Not everyone has such friends, not everyone is able to meet folks thru those other means.
And the existence of these other means doesn't negate the usefulness or positive attributes of meeting folks through the net.

Meeting anyone anywhere is dangerous and could be deadly.

That's a valid point. You could also be in a relationship with this awesome guy you met through a friend 4 months ago, next thing yanno, yer body is in a shallow grave some where. If you get involved with the wrong guy that you either met online or by tradition means, yer still fucked in the end.

I thought a date went bad when she vomitted at the table in the restaurant.
I guess I have nothing to complain about.
The guy sounds like a real catch, what being in lock up for unrelated charges and all.
Probably bragged about it to another prisoner.

@cubby @Satanica
A 25-year-old man from Phoenix was sentenced Friday to serve life in prison for the murder and cover-up of Angela Russo, a 24-year-old woman he dated.

LA jury found him guilty on Aug. 8 of seven counts, including second-degree murder, kidnapping, sexual assault and concealment of a dead body.

Johnson and Russo began their relationship in mid-April 2016, according to court documents. Russo was last seen leaving in her father's blue Honda Accord at 10 p.m. on April 19. By 10:30 p.m., her cellphone activity ceased.

Maricopa Police officials began investigating her disappearance and used electronic data to determine that Russo had planned to meet Johnson at his apartment in Phoenix, court documents said.

Officers discovered her body in a deserted area near Tonopah May 25 in a clandestine grave next to a burned Honda Accord. Police were able to locate the body with help from Johnson's roommate, according to documents.

Johnson was arrested May 25 on suspicion of involvement in Russo's murder. He was already in custody in jail on unrelated charges, according to police.

An investigation began and police found more incriminating evidence inside Johnson's apartment after obtaining a warrant.

Johnson repeatedly said he was sorry for his actions and said "his life was over" and that he "(expletive) up and made a mistake," court documents said.

He repeatedly asked for a second chance, according to court documents. He received life in prison.

He tried to blame his girlfriend for killing Angela.

You don't "fuck up and make a mistake" and kill someone. You could've "not killed someone" quite easily. You were, no doubt, on the dating site looking for victims. Why she would choose an obvious thug, complete with fucking neck tat, I'll never know.

Back